Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2016 7:43:47 AM EDT
Does anyone else get a little pissed when there is a shooting, these gun dealers Jack the price up on everything ? Even though a ban doesn't look like it will happen. I just think it's low. You kind of shit on the people that feed you when you do that. Plus, us normal guys that feed them have to wait 6 months for prices to come down to buy our next purchase.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:49:17 AM EDT
Supply and demand sucks sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:51:17 AM EDT
Nope, I like capitalism.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:02:11 AM EDT
"Jack up prices"

3 weeks ago, wholesalers were offering massive discounts and free freight on all kinds of stuff. Ended their sales, ended free shipping, so now you're replacing your products at 20% higher prices. And when the lowest priced wholesalers run out of stuff, usually immediately, like they did this time, you're paying even more.

Then you have issues in prolonged panics, like 2013, where you struggle to get inventory, but your overhead remains the same, so you better get your money's worth on the inventory you do get or dig up from your warehouse.

Only a fool is going to continue selling mags at $8 if they're replacing them at $9.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:09:13 AM EDT
Please dont buy at these over inflated prices! Let the merchandise sit of the shelves!
(so people that really need it can get it)
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:10:43 AM EDT
You make hay when the sun shines.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:21:15 AM EDT
You have a massive influx of new shooters, gun grabbing politicians falling over themselves to get everything we need banned,
and endless media coverage that blames gun owners for all problems except global warming.

Perfect storm for chaos, as we move to an endless cycle of "high prices/low stock" followed by a year of "low prices/good stock".
Not a good business model.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:23:01 AM EDT
makes me feel happy since I stocked up when there was salad days
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:27:00 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Caboose314:
Nope, I like capitalism.
View Quote

This. Lots of people have no idea what it takes to run a business. Those people are usually poor and bitchy. They will buy lotto tickets, pay anything for booze or cigarettes but bitch about the price of 22LR because they do t have the cash to buy more than a box at a time. They can't sell you stuff for less than their cost, pay rent for the space, pay employees, electricity and heat.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:41:39 AM EDT
Not at all. It lets me know who the stupid among us are. They show up every time whining.......

A mass shooting, followed by attempts to undermine the Second Amendment are as fucking predictable as the sun coming up. You may not know the EXACT time, but you KNOW it will happen. If you aren't smart enough to understand this fundamental truth and plan accordingly, I can't help you.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:49:20 AM EDT
We are laughing AT you OP.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:50:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Will:
Not at all. It lets me know who the stupid among us are. They show up every time whining.......

A mass shooting, followed by attempts to undermine the Second Amendment are as fucking predictable as the sun coming up. You may not know the EXACT time, but you KNOW it will happen. If you aren't smart enough to understand this fundamental truth and plan accordingly, I can't help you.
View Quote

Unless of course someone is a communist/progressive shill who just likes to stir up trouble on a gun board.

They pop up quite frequently.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:56:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By itsARanchrifle:
We are laughing AT you OP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:56:12 AM EDT
X treme bullets had a sale a month ago...20% off. I jumped on it, even though I didn't really need any bullets.
Now I have a solid safety net.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:09:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:09:28 AM EDT
haven't had a hurricane here in a while. will probably wait until one shows up to get a generator.

they'll be in stock.

right?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:10:51 AM EDT
Would you rather see higher prices, or empty shelves? When demand goes up, you're going to get one or the other. And they guy who sells off all his inventory at the old prices isn't getting more anytime soon, so you can stare at the empty shelves right up until he goes out of business.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:11:07 AM EDT
Don't like the price, don't buy it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:19:08 PM EDT
OP?
Top Top