Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2012 3:09:36 AM EDT
I spoke with a guy here a while ago, maybe a year or more. He makes good money and  I think quit, or skipped college entirely. Would love to get in contact with you again. Also if anyone here has any information or suggestions I would appreciate it. I've got a pretty good idea of what I will need, what I will offer, pricing, the demand in my local area, as well as expanded areas. Just always helps to get insider info.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe offer it in addition to something else, like carpet or tile and grout cleaning so all your eggs arent in one basket.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Maybe offer it in addition to something else, like carpet or tile and grout cleaning so all your eggs arent in one basket.

The carpet cleaning idea was what I was thinking. I've experience in that also. I just don't want to get too leveraged out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The carpet cleaning idea was what I was thinking. I've experience in that also. I just don't want to get too leveraged out.

I have a friend with a power-washing business and he does some carpet cleaning & snow removal during the winter to keep busy. He doesn't particularly care for it, but helps the cash flow. He has more then enough business during the warmer mos and has to bring on extra seasonal help. I know he spends a ton on gas & puts a lot of miles on his truck (hauling a good sized trailer too) and it's fairly hard work and long hours. Also, like any one man show, when he isn't working he isn't making any $$. I think he does pretty well overall and has learned to manage the feast/famine cycle, but that may not be as extreme in Oregon.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you planning on pressure washing?

I know some fast food places will have their parking lots / drive thru areas cleaned occasionally, as well as the dumpster area / trash corral.  If you do this kind of work, you can expect to do it in their off hours, which could be 2:00am.

Link Posted: 3/21/2012 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What are you planning on pressure washing?

I know some fast food places will have their parking lots / drive thru areas cleaned occasionally, as well as the dumpster area / trash corral.  If you do this kind of work, you can expect to do it in their off hours, which could be 2:00am.

That we have a huge truck stop area, like 6 different parking areas (a large amount of square footage). plus the buildings. Residential also.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a friend that owns a pressure washing business, and he does most of his work for companies with fleets of vehicles like UPS, Waste Industries, etc.  Like another poster stated, his crews work a lot at night and weekends when the fleets are idle.  At some locations, he is required to catch the runoff.  He also cleans vent hoods in restaurants, does a little lawn care, but is moving away from the landscaping stuff.  There's plenty of work out there if you can get your foot in the door and establish a reputation.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just always helps to get insider info.

http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=175

ar-jedi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top