Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 1:23:16 PM EDT
My land line (not usually used for anything) rang and I heard "Press one for a message on Capitalism".
I'm supposed to be on a "Do not call list" which has worked for some time now.

I guess I missed the correct number, because the line hung up. Has anyone else had this call and listened to the message? I was wondering if it was for or against.  My wife has some how gotten on a list of Obama people that sends her petitions to sign for his stuff.  I was wondering if this might be related. She's told them several times to be unsubscribed, but with no success. She still gets them.

Any ideas??
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My land line (not usually used for anything) rang and I heard "Press one for a message on Capitalism".
I'm supposed to be on a "Do not call list" which has worked for some time now.

I guess I missed the correct number, because the line hung up. Has anyone else had this call and listened to the message? I was wondering if it was for or against.  My wife has some how gotten on a list of Obama people that sends her petitions to sign for his stuff.  I was wondering if this might be related. She's told them several times to be unsubscribed, but with no success. She still gets them.

Any ideas??

Tell your wife to stop voting for the dems....

P.S. if it was a call from a politician, they are exempt from the do not call........go figure

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess it's good that I'm the only one this has happened to. That pretty much means it's an isolated incident, and no a new tactic of the dems.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Every time I use an ATM is says "Press here for English"

I stopped answering calls on my phone from out of area that I don't know, unless I've had a few beers and feel like a debate.  Life is better now.  

ETA:  When I do answer the phone for idiots like that I always end it with "Please take me off your list and if you ever call me again I will file harassment charges".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top