Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 4:45:07 AM EDT
Some here have beaten this horse to death despite the facts...slowly, the truth comes out.

President George W. Bush said he was opposed to amnesty or automatic citizenship for the some 12 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.

Amid an intense debate over the issue among US lawmakers, Bush on Tuesday ruled out amnesty for illegal immigrants but said he favored a "guest worker" program that would provide legal status for workers for a limited time period.

"In my judgment, amnesty would be the wrong course of action," Bush told a news conference.

He said "a whole industry" of exploitation had emerged with workers being smuggled across the US border in dangerous conditions.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That's all well and good, Keith, but the "guest worker" program would eventually lead to citizenship, and that is an amnesty, no matter what the administration would have you believe.

Yes sir, same product presented in a different wrapper.
Politicians, don't ya just love them?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
If the guest worker program included those who have entered the country illegally, then it's amnesty.

Anyone who have ever entered the country illegally should be ineligable for guest worker status and the applications should only be available outside the USA.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#4]
He says he doesn't want amnesty and then turns around and suggests a program that is effectively amnesty.  I have no confidence in Bush when it comes to illegal aliens and securing our borders.  I also don't believe anything he says on the matter.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:10:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He says he doesn't want amnesty and then turns around and suggests a program that is effectively amnesty.  I have no confidence in Bush when it comes to illegal aliens and securing our borders.  I also don't believe anything he says on the matter.

He has 8 years to make changes and of course not much  has changed.
Remember folks, the border was, is and will remain a political landmine for any elected official.
(until we have 100K+ deaths due to an attack)
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:13:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bush on Tuesday ruled out amnesty for illegal immigrants but said he favored a "guest worker" program that would provide legal status for workers for a limited time period.

And THEN what!??

What happens when the time limit runs out?..... they become "ILLEGAL" again. And we're right back at square one - 10,000,000 "ILLEGAL" immigrants who need to be rounded up and deported.

Bullshit. ANYTHING offered by this adminstration for dealing with illegal immigrants is simply a facade. It's kicking the can down the road by giving illegal aliens 3, 4, or 6 years of a free ride here and THEN when their new "guest worker visa" expires they're expected just go back to Mexico and get in line and wait for citizenship!??? What a crock of shit!

All this does is simply DELAY the enforcement of CURRENT immigration laws and REWARD felons for continuing to break our laws by coming here illegally and REWARDS employers for continuing to encourage and enable these criminals to remain here.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Remember folks, the border was, is and will remain a political landmine for any elected official.

It needs to be turned into a REAL landmine for these illegal invaders.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been given a staunch warning on ARFCOM in regards to my anti illegal alien stance. In light of that I now say:

Amnesty for all immigrants!

w00t!

The new and improved pro-illegal alien undocumented migrant 89grand.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#9]
That is all well and good... but I see it as connected to Bush ideas on the "War on Terror."

1. If Bush really believes he needs to do everything in his power to protect America.
2. If Bush by his own words says he can't take time to watch the poll numbers
3. If Bush ain't running again and the "War on Terror" is the end all of his Presidency

***Then why has nothing changed at the Border?**

Or should I chalk it up to only words....

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's all well and good, Keith, but the "guest worker" program would eventually lead to citizenship, and that is an amnesty, no matter what the administration would have you believe.

Exactly.

"Amnesty" has become a politically dangerous word to be in favor of, so they decided to call it something else.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He says he doesn't want amnesty and then turns around and suggests a program that is effectively amnesty.  I have no confidence in Bush the goverment when it comes to illegal aliens and securing our borders.  I also don't believe anything he any of them says on the matter.

Fixed it for you to reflect reality.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#13]
There arent really words to describe the way I feel about corrupt politicians.  Follow the money trail, illegals are very profitable.  People willing to work for less than a living wage, because their homeland is SHIT, and they know Uncle Sam will bust out the proverbial checkbook so they dont starve or live on the street, bring down the wages for everyone, while certain business owners pocket the difference because they dont ahve to pay as much.  Um, yeah I didnt really cover anything new here but thats how I see it.  Compadres of Jorge get rich off destitute persons 'seeking a better life'; ie willing to work for 5 dollars an hour at a job you'd pay an american 10.  If a job is worth paying someone to do, its worth paying them enough to have a place to live and a food to eat, without having to take welfare paid for by other taxpayers.  Anything less is really corperate welfare and all of us real taxpayers are getting screwed in the wrong hole minus lube.  I think across the board bush is doing a terrible job.  Neglecting the border to pursue the WOT is a poor decision.  My favorite company line is, "sorry, the military is not trained in that role," in regards to employing them at the border.  WHAT THE FUCK GOOD IS A MILITARY NOT TRAINED TO DEFEND ITS OWN BORDERS FROM AN INVASION?!?!  BULLSHIT.  They make much hooplah about our military defending iraqs border from insurgents sneaking in from syria and iran....  so go ask some grunts in the field how they keep the pesky invaders out....

sorry its a little incoherent but I just woke up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top