Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/27/2006 6:27:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 6:28:17 AM EDT by NAKED-GUNMAN]
He is on FOX new right now explaining his new border patrol plan. This sounds very strong...dang. He is wanting to stop the "catch and release" program.

It's about time!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:31:00 AM EDT
Hmmmm
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:32:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NonConformist:
Hmmmm

Agreed. Talk is cheap and Bush can't run for another term, so I won't hold my breath.

Trey
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:33:32 AM EDT
rasie the recruitment age to 65!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:34:15 AM EDT
Are you sure it is not 66.6%

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:36:01 AM EDT
No seriously guys...he is signing in orders to do this. It ain't a campaign promise anymore, he is doing it now. We will see.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:36:20 AM EDT
Tag for inevitable Porous Border flameage
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:36:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 6:39:36 AM EDT by Hokie]

Originally Posted By macman37:

I'll do my best:

the key word is "PLAN" which in the political world translates into "rotten cabbage"

it'll never happen, but I hope I'm wrong. I'd rather see a 40 foot tall divider along the Mexican border with the words "Piss off" written in spanish on the south face of the wall.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:36:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 6:37:09 AM EDT by 53vortec]
Maybe I should go into the Border Patrol instead of the Nat'l Guard. Or I could arfcom and do both!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:38:54 AM EDT
ok, now all he needs to do is follow through on this and lose the guest worker program. Maybe get some more laws passed that will make it easier to send theese criminals home.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:39:16 AM EDT
Good Morning Bush Bashers

Even in light of the fact this is what most here are bitchin about .........and now he is actively doing something about it.............the bitching goes on.

Kinda trendy
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:40:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hokie:

I'll do my best:

the key word is "PLAN" which in the political world translates into "rotten cabbage" and represents an attempt to pacify all conservative voters and keep them off his back until he's out of office and can peacefully write an autobiography to help fund his retirement home.

Yep, requiring the Boarder Patrol to increase the number of agents 66% and giving the BP the money to actually hire those additional agents is two different things.

Trey

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:41:51 AM EDT
It would be a step in the right direction if the Border Patrol was really stopping illegal immigration.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:42:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By quijanos:

Even in light of the fact this is what most here are bitchin about .........and now he is actively doing something about it.............the bitching goes on.

Kinda trendy

Not I! I am glad he is now addressing the issue head on, I look forward to see this work it's way through the system and actually happen. He has plenty of support from Republicans to to plug those holes in the wall. 66% is a pretty good jump, but it's not like a 200% increase.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:44:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By clement:
ok, now all he needs to do is follow through on this and lose the guest worker program. Maybe get some more laws passed that will make it easier to send theese criminals home.

right, it's not like there aren't already about 1000 laws against it
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:45:25 AM EDT
Election year bullshit.
We'll see where the overall policy goes and how effective it is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:47:04 AM EDT
He better not beef up the Border Patrol, that's fucking racist. Poor immigrants,
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:49:10 AM EDT
They could hire 20,000,000 new Border Patrol agents and it wouldn't do a bit of good. The higher ups in the BP are the problem, not the number of agents.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:49:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By twodeucetrey:

I'll do my best:

the key word is "PLAN" which in the political world translates into "rotten cabbage" and represents an attempt to pacify all conservative voters and keep them off his back until he's out of office and can peacefully write an autobiography to help fund his retirement home.

Yep, requiring the Boarder Patrol to increase the number of agents 66% and giving the BP the money to actually hire those additional agents is two different things.

Trey

that's exactly my point
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:52:03 AM EDT
so he's uping the numbers by 2/3, big deal, he needs to up the number by 10 times.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:55:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 7:03:03 AM EDT by clement]

Originally Posted By Fourays2:

I suppose you havn't heard of theese 'sanctuary cities' where police officers can not in any way shape or form inquire about citizenship. In otherwords, once here they will NEVER ever ever be arrested/deported for being here illegally. Enforce the laws on the books, even if they are broken beyond all means...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:57:05 AM EDT

I'll do my best:

Trey

that's exactly my point

Sorry for the OT, but Hokie, I love your sig line. I think I bruised my spleen laughing so hard!

Trey
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:00:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 53vortec:
Maybe I should go into the Border Patrol instead of the Nat'l Guard. Or I could arfcom and do both!

I want to do both, but that nasty greater than 30% DAV rating keeps getting in my way.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:04:56 AM EDT
Three words-guest worker program.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:10:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 7:11:46 AM EDT by 89grand]

Originally Posted By FutureWarrior:
Three words-guest worker program.

= B.S.

You can go right ahead and have them shipped directly to Canada.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:10:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 7:11:21 AM EDT by vanilla_gorilla]

I'll do my best:

Trey

that's exactly my point

When the money has been allocated, then I'll know he's serious. Until then, it's a joke, and it's on us.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:12:58 AM EDT
Sounds good as long as it's not the same type of LE expansion as the Clinton adm. gave us with all those proposed new cops we never saw.

Alvin
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:15:07 AM EDT
I didn't hear what he said on Fox but I just read some of what he said and it doesn't sound anything like what you guys are saying. It sounds more like he is praising the "immigrants" for all their hard work.

Bush used a naturalization ceremony for swearing in 30 new citizens from 20 countries and five continents to press his call for a "guest worker" program.

"No one should play on people's fears or try to pit neighbors against each other," Bush said. "No one should pretend that immigrants are threats to America's identity because immigrants have shaped America's identity.

No one should claim that immigrants are a burden on our economy because the work and enterprise of immigrants helps sustain our economy," the president said.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:15:30 AM EDT

I suppose you havn't heard of theese 'sanctuary cities' where police officers can not in any way shape or form inquire about citizenship. In otherwords, once here they will NEVER ever ever be arrested/deported for being here illegally. Enforce the laws on the books, even if they are broken beyond all means...

In these cities the Justice Department should bring suit to stop this action.

that is if the feds are serious.

Alvin
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:16:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SWIRE:
I didn't hear what he said on Fox but I just read some of what he said and it doesn't sound anything like what you guys are saying. It sounds more like he is praising the "immigrants" for all their hard work.

Bush used a naturalization ceremony for swearing in 30 new citizens from 20 countries and five continents to press his call for a "guest worker" program.

"No one should play on people's fears or try to pit neighbors against each other," Bush said. "No one should pretend that immigrants are threats to America's identity because immigrants have shaped America's identity.

No one should claim that immigrants are a burden on our economy because the work and enterprise of immigrants helps sustain our economy," the president said.

It's really quite simple...Bush IS pro-illegal alien, No ifs ands or buts about it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:35:57 PM EDT
It probably also takes a while to get a new hire trained up, and even longer for them to get enough experience to be efficient.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:50:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:

Funny thing you mentioned this. The age requirement is about to change....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:55:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AlvinYorkII:

In these cities the Justice Department should bring suit to stop this action.

that is if the feds are serious.

Alvin

Don't hold your breath waiting for Gonzales and Bush to get on that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:57:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rincon_11:

Please elaborate, I am very interested. Please also tell us how you know whatever it is you know.

CO
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:00:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 3:01:41 PM EDT by magnum_99]
A mere platitude to bolster his party's sagging numbers for election time.

It won't be enough.

It doesn't address the true causes of continued illegal immigration.

It does NOTHING to address his personal and his administration's (ridiculus and untruthful) stance that we "need the illegals here to do the job's Americans won't do."

It does nothing to address the fact that we are being taken over.

It does nothing to address that hospitals on the borders are going out of business at alarming rates.

It does nothing to address the fact that illegal immigration is a net LOSS to our economy, not a gain.

More policital bullshit.

But the kool-aid drinkers will crow that Bush is fulfilling his promise, and that he's really on our side.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:07:37 PM EDT

Kinda trendy

becouse he keeps playing both sides

between this and "guest worker" garbage.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:08:14 PM EDT

I'm in AZ Bud, you don't need to remind me of all the pandering that treasonous politicians are doing to these criminal invaders.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:10:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CasualObserver:

Originally Posted By Rincon_11:

Please elaborate, I am very interested. Please also tell us how you know whatever it is you know.

CO

Should be by the April job announcement. New age is gonna be 40 but will be extended for a short period of time. Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:14:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:26:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 3:38:04 PM EDT by nightstalker]

Kinda trendy

I'm going with Reagan here, "trust but verify"

Here's an oldy for your enjoyment

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5303676

"I once looked back at the 1986 bill that legalized nearly 3 million immigrants; it took about five years to get it through Congress. By my count today, we're in year three. But, ironically, the fallout from that 1986 legislation may make it even harder to pass immigration reform today. Critics like to ask, "What do you get when you amnesty 3 million undocumented immigrants? Their answer: "Four times as many illegal immigrants, two decades later."
One large reason is that, while the 1986 law made it a crime to employ an undocumented worker, the provision has never been strictly enforced. That is something both bodies of Congress are trying to address. So, if the divide over legalization and guest workers can be bridged, remember to look closely at what provisions there are for businesses to check the legal status of their employees. That will say a lot about how any new immigration overhaul will play out"

And if anyone was keeping track, "catch and release was supposed to have ended already, back in October. nashvilletruth.blogspot.com/2005/10/end-to-catch-and-release-policy-is.html and replaced with "expedited return", (boy the wordsmiths are really busy these days).

ETA and one more pearl from Rush on this.

"since this immigration bill is going to fix it all, then let's fix the terrorism problem, too. Let's put in the bill, 'Terrorists must also show up and register. They can stay, but they have to show up and register, learn English, and pay a fine."

There's probably few senators or representatives that could actually fix a leak...in their roof, a faucet or the hose, much less one at the border. Witness Feinstein making building tunnels a crime, but not using them.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:28:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 3:31:48 PM EDT by ffsparky26]

Originally Posted By NAKED-GUNMAN:
He is on FOX new right now explaining his new border patrol plan. This sounds very strong...dang. He is wanting to stop the "catch and release" program.

It's about time!

What ole prez Bush forgot to say was that the USBP will no longer do enforcement but will help the illegals cross the border safely so they can take advantage of his amnesty program.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:33:33 PM EDT
Top Top