Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 12:58:29 PM EDT
I am heading that way Monday morning,anybody that lives close by or has been in there got any idea what to expect.My contact down there said its alright,you can get fuel and move around but most business and restaurants close at five and you want to get out of dodge by sun down.I will be going with my XD and I am starting to wonder if I shouldn't take the AR also.Any info would be much appreciated.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea when we left their was still a 1800hrs(0600PM) curfew.

Burger king, Wendys, mcdonalds and some Chines resturant were open.

Home depot and some gas stations were open along with the Marriott across from the Airport.

If things get bad just go to Hammonds(45 miles) pretty much everything there is open.

Good Luck let me know if you have any more questions.

FREE
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info FREEFALLE7,i will be meeting up with Alltel when I get there and hope to be gone by the afternoon.No problems bringing weapons into the city is there?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info FREEFALLE7,i will be meeting up with Alltel when I get there and hope to be gone by the afternoon.No problems bringing weapons into the city is there?

Well, it's a shithole, just llike it was before Katrina.....

Seriously, though, United Radio Broadcasters of NOLA is sreaming.  I bet if you googled United Radio Broadcasters of New Orleans, you could come up with the link.  THey are one like 6 stations down here.  (Im in MS).  870 AM is one.

The broadcast anything and everything about NOLA Every friggin day...ALL friggin day.  What I know is..

CBD is up and running.  French Quarter is up and running.  Algiers is up.  Uptown is up.  Services are spotty.  Best bring spare feul.  Buy any supplies you need BEFORE entering the city, to include cleaning supplies, food, water, etc.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top