Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 8:22:29 PM EDT
Three years ago, I started wearing glasses.  Previously, I had always worn safety glasses when shooting.

Now, I either go without my prescription glasses and just go with the safety glasses or my prescription glasses only.  Going without my regular glasses, I don't shoot as well and my eyes get really fatigued.  I like the protection of the safety glasses but dislike the discomfort afterwards.

Any pointers where I can find good quality prescription safety glasses with differing lenses (clear, amber, smoked)?  They will serve double duty, as they will be for shooting and also need to fit under a helmet for racing.


Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:30:53 PM EDT
I've seen a style that fits like swimmers goggles with an elastic band around the head. You'd look funny shooting with them though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:30:58 PM EDT
See if your optometrist has Rec-Specs. I really love mine.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:06:20 AM EDT
You might want to look at Protective Optics' Wiley-X glasses  [url]www.wiley-x.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:13:28 AM EDT
I tend to get prescription glasses made with polycarbonate but for real safety I wear industrial safety goggles over my glasses, just like when I am operating a power drill or power saw.

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:18:11 AM EDT
Here's a good question for you guys in the same general topic.  

I wear glasses now, with my right eye being worse than my left.  Sucks because I shoot right handed.  I can wear my script glasses when shooting, but end up with part of the rim in my field of view, which can distract me.  Plus, usually when shooting my M1, the glasses walk down my nose a little.  

I think I have seen someone that had a round lense cut, and had some kind of clip that he used to secure it to the bill of a baseball hat.  Had some little jigs on it so it could be positioned in front of the eye in the correct position.   Anyone ever seen something like that?  Anyone know where to get one?  

I have searched online and found 'shooting glasses' that are just a bar with the arms and nose rest that you attach lenses and stuff to, but can't find anything like that hat clip thing I swear I've seen before.  

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:18:12 AM EDT
If you just want them for shooting the focal point needs to be higher than regular glasses.  You need somone who knows how to write the prescription corrctly.  You will need to show you optometrist how you sight you weapon before he writes the RX.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:03:55 AM EDT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top