Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/12/2012 9:27:03 AM EDT
If you take just a couple to have with you, do they need to be in a prescription bottle?

To be 100% legal?

Looks like I have an answer:

Just have the pharmacy give me a small labeled bottle

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I am sure I dont know.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Just put em in a balloon and shove em in your rectum. That way there's nothing to explain.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you take just a couple to have with you, do they need to be in a prescription bottle?

To be 100% legal?

Yes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

To be 100% legal?

I'd go with yes to be safe. That proves they are yours and were prescribed to you. I have heard stories...

Rob
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#6]
It would be best to have a copy of the paperwork with you.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I even usually keep my OTC meds in their original containers just to avoid any unpleasant confusion.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Just put em in a balloon and shove em in your rectum. That way there's nothing to explain.

You mean.....stick em up your ass??
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#9]
yes

I don't know if it's just FL.

I just take the information sheet out of the cvs/walgreens bag and put it in my glovebox.

I've got many running scripts (yay chronic pain!) so no shortage of sheets to keep in cars, office, etc.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#10]
In VA if you have them on you without a prescription IN YOUR POSSESSION, you are going to jail. You can present the script later but you now have a felony arrest on your record.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#11]
if you're at the point of being searche to find stuff like that, you are probably fucked anyway...
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#12]
My wife takes them and I make sure to remove any 'stray's' from the car before I take it anyplace.
I know they aren't mine and I am pretty sure the PoPo would be upset should they be found during a traffic stop.
The wife has so dang many on her at any given time that it is probematic to carry them in the original bottles.
I just hope the arresting officer/deputy is understanding.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Just keep them in their bottles. If you get them in bulk, ask the pharmacist to label a small bottle for you.
They will usually do this if you explain it to them. I would not shove a handful of vicoden in your front pocket and go for a drive.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Based upon what I have read here in the past, I even take my non-narcotic meds in their original bottles when I go on vacation.  It's sort of moronic, but I don't need the hassles.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

To be 100% legal?

I just saw this last night on a re-run of Cops.  The wrote the girl up for putting prescription drugs in an Advil bottle.  She claimed to have a prescription for them but the officers said that it was illegal to have the pills without proof of prescription.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#16]
The pharmacy gives you a tear-off card with your purchase.  Fold that up and put it in your wallet.  You can also peel the label off the bottle and stick it to a business card and put that in your wallet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be 100% legal?

Yes.

But if you dont and an issue arises, I think when you go to court, you will be able to prove without a doubt that you should have had them on you.

I honestly do sometimes bring just a couple so I dont have the whole bottle with me in event someone breaks into my car or whatever and
I am out an entire bottles worth since I am on a daily regiment for pain managment.

I do take the labels off and put them on smaller bottles too to alleviate having a bigger bottle with a bunch of pills in them, so if it does happen, they only get a few and I will be fine for the month.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#18]
NY state law:

§ 3345. Possession of controlled substances by ultimate users original
 container.    Except  for  the  purpose  of current use by the person or
 animal for whom such substance was prescribed or dispensed, it shall  be
 unlawful  for  an ultimate user of controlled substances to possess such
substance outside of the original container in which it was dispensed.
   Violation of this provision shall be an offense punishable by  a  fine
 of not more than fifty dollars.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Again, if you get to the point where the man is searching your car or person, you've failed somewhere in process.

TC
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#20]
given the scourge of people abusing the drugs I need to just get through some days, I have no problem with this law.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

To be 100% legal?

Depending on state law, yes.  In GA you can get charged with Prescriptions not in original container and possession of a controlled substance if you don't have scrip info.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#22]
In my state they need to be in the appropriate pill bottle prescribed to you. With the quantity not to exceed the amount of one prescription.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Wel dam, I just came back from Cali, LAX and had my meds in a advil travel container. TSA was to busy raping me(my knee replacement sets of the detectors) to notice my stash.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
given the scourge of people abusing the drugs I need to just get through some days, I have no problem with this law.

Why? Because there are laws that make it harder for you to get them?

Laws make your life harder, and your proposed solution is... more laws?
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I rectum, for sure.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Yes, keep them in orig bottle
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Apparently, yes. But if it's something I take daily I just put one in my pocket.
I suppose if I were searched for some reason, cops might give me a hassle, but I don't see why they couldn't just make a call to the pharmacy.
Carrying a huge pill bottle around is inconvenient & increases the chance I'll lose them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

To be 100% legal?

They need to be in the bottle.  If not, you will likely best the rap but not the ride.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#29]
In my opinion these laws are there to get the pill heads not grandma traveling with her 7 day container. Also it up the court/DA to look at each case and prosecute accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Wel dam, I just came back from Cali, LAX and had my meds in a advil travel container. TSA was to busy raping me(my knee replacement sets of the detectors) to notice my stash.

They really have no business doing DEA type stuff like playing with your meds - if they do, it's not because they want to bust you... it's because they want to steal from you.

Nobody would be allowed to touch any pills I would take for sanitary purposes - if they have a valid reason for suspicion then they also need to follow hygienic handling procedures.

However, mixing different pills in something they can see in is asking for trouble.  Using an Advil bottle was good 20 years ago - but now there are people who have careers based in enforcing laws which shouldn't be necessary.

One problem is, that taking the meds required while away from home can lead one to hauling large quantities in several original containers - risking those meds to loss by heat and theft, along with dropping them or whatever.  Since docs don't believe anyone these days, your loss can be painful, or even lethal event.  Use an alternative method of carrying meds and lose your reputation by an arrest picture on the Internet - and it doesn't matter if you are just a patient since you're breaking the law.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Yep
Helps if your name is on the bottle, too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Don't know, don't care. That's shit I don't worry about. I have a bottle with about 5 different scrips in it just in case. Keeping track of the pills is more pressing. But they're generally harmless benzos that I rarely take.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#33]
More failures of the War on Drugs.

Become a felon for having your doctor prescribed meds on you.

Pathetic.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#34]
In Georgia, having prescription pills not in the original container is a misdemeanor.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Again, if you get to the point where the man is searching your car or person, you've failed somewhere in process.

TC

He lives in NY.

Google "Stop and Frisk"

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yep
Helps if your name is on the bottle, too.

So you can't have someone else pick the stufff up from the pharmacy for you?
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#38]
I think you misunderstood me.

Nonetheless, common sense laws make our life easier by catching and penalizing and deterring negative elements in our society, e.g. rapists, murderers, drug addicts, street racers, vandals, etc.

I think it's quite reasonable to have to present evidence that your drugs are in fact legal upon questioning (, of course in a legal process during which such a question would arise.  Stop and Frisk is stasi/kgb horseshit.  If you're puled over and the cop sees  a pill bottle, sorry dude, I have NO problem with him asking you for a prescription.)

You have registration on your car, I carry a carry permit, etc etc.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nonetheless, common sense laws make our life easier by catching and penalizing and deterring negative elements in our society, e.g. rapists, murderers, drug addicts, street racers, vandals, etc.

I think it's quite reasonable to have to present evidence that your drugs are in fact legal upon questioning (, of course in a legal process during which such a question would arise.  Stop and Frisk is stasi/kgb horseshit.  If you're puled over and the cop sees  a pill bottle, sorry dude, I have NO problem with him asking you for a prescription.)

Quoted:
Quoted:

Or under 10 rounds in your handgun, no shoulder things that go up, or bayonet lugs, right?  I mean who's against common sense gun laws?

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes.   You can leave the bulk of your RX at home, but keep a couple in the original bottle if you need to.  Be sure to label whatever you leave at home, because it is easy to put pills away, only to find some unlabeled ones later on and wonder what they are, or how long they were put aside.  I copy pretty much everything of the RX label and put it on the container at home.   If you use a hairdryer, you can warm up the label from the pharmacy, copy it, and put it on the ones you leave at home, then return the original pharmacy label onto the bottle you keep with you.   I don't like keeping alot of meds in the car, but I think it is always a good idea to keep one or two days worth of important meds in the car in case you get stranded.  

Meds that it would be wise to have a couple of days worth  in the car (depending on your needs)

Blood pressure meds
anti seizure meds
diabetic meds
chronic pain meds
heart meds
stomach (antacids) meds
almost anything that not taking will cause problems
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#41]
I've taken them thru airport check in with no problem in a zip lock bag,  probably not the smartest thing to do but o- well
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I rectum, for sure.

Rectum?'

It damned near killed 'em.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#43]
you've strayed from your argument to assign an invalid extension to mine.

your inane extension regards NEW laws, not the enforcement of EXISTING laws.

drug laws exist, this is part of their enforcement.

10 round mag laws, when/where they existed, could CERTAINLY be checked in the same way.
When I was in NY we were challenged at the range MANY times by LEO's to check our mags.

I sure wish you would've been there to tell them no.

the argument behind all your posts is that you want ready access to opiods and narcotics.

that's not the point here, as they are ALREADY illegal.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Or under 10 rounds in your handgun, no shoulder things that go up, or bayonet lugs, right?  I mean who's against common sense gun laws?

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Apparently, yes. But if it's something I take daily I just put one in my pocket.

I suppose if I were searched for some reason, cops might give me a hassle, but I don't see why they couldn't just make a call to the pharmacy.

Carrying a huge pill bottle around is inconvenient & increases the chance I'll lose them.

Also increases the chances you'll get busted for illegal distribution. Why would anyone need to carry around 50 percocet?

Hooray for the war on drugs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I've taken them thru airport check in with no problem in a zip lock bag,  probably not the smartest thing to do but o- well

When flying, I use 2 zip lock bags.  I place all prescriptions in bag #1 (in pharmacy bottles/boxes) - then turn it upside down and place that in bag #2.   This eliminates potential accidental spillage - but more importantly it allows anyone to see in - and there is no accidental access or spilled pills.  If TSA were to start to open bag #1 - then Houston, we have a problem... and a fuss would be made before bag 2 is accessed.  First concern expressed would be hygiene, then necessity.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also increases the chances you'll get busted for illegal distribution. Why would anyone need to carry around 50 percocet?

Hooray for the war on drugs.

Big shock the statist boot lickers are here saying how there isn't anything wrong with it.

Gotta keep the drug warriors employed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's interesting you place drug abusers in the same category as rapists, murderers, street racers, and vandals, as every crime you mention except for illegal drug use causes direct harm to others.

Personally, I don't believe the government regulating what you can & can't put in your own body as 'common sense'. At least not in a free society.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just keep them in their bottles. If you get them in bulk, ask the pharmacist to label a small bottle for you.
They will usually do this if you explain it to them. I would not shove a handful of vicoden in your front pocket and go for a drive.

I think this is what I am going to do,

I normally only take those at home BUT it would be
good to have a couple with me for those really bad days

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Buy a bunch of suppositories and make them easily seen.

Write "ANAL SUPPOSITORIES" in big letters on whatever they're in.

Let one be half open and transforming from that bullet shape to melting slime.

Link Posted: 10/12/2012 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#50]
I even keep breath mints in the original container- they look alarmingly  like some kind of pills when spilled under your car seat
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top