Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2002 9:32:20 AM EDT
Drip, Drip, Drip
Interesting article here on HR 4633, the "Driver's License Modernization Act of 2002."
We all must make sacrifices in "The War On Terror"!!
[url]http://www.sierratimes.com/02/06/22/ario062202.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
666 dude

What is the status of this bill?

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thomas search yields this;
[url]http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c107:H.R.+4633:[/url]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#3]
encryption and security software or hardware (or both) that prevents access to data stored on the chip without the express consent of the individual to whom the data applies, other than access by a Federal, State, or local agency (including a court or law enforcement agency) in carrying out its functions, or by a private entity acting on behalf of a Federal, State, or local agency in carrying out its functions.

Notice, there is nothing that says they need a warrant?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, discharging the capacitor from a camera flash through whatever chip is on it should effectivly render it useless.  Now to find a way to keep any "biometric" info out of their databases.

Time to start pestering congress people again.  "Gentlemen, start your word-processors!"

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
More from the artical:

"A State shall adopt and implement procedures for accurately documenting the identity and residence of an individual before issuing a driver's license or identification card to the individual." By now, rural Idahoans have been "given" their FEMA numbers to identify their "residence." These Rural Identification Numbers or RINs were mandated on our county governments if they were to receive FEMA flood insurance and other federal handouts. Now rural Idahoans can't vote without a FEMA number (RIN).

The irony to the above, is that here in Boise county we the people fought this, buy voting down, what our county commissioners said we had to comply with.

So after we voted it down, they just implemented it by fiat. So remember to get out ad vote. Yeah right!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Some more

"A State carrying out activities using amounts from a grant under this section shall be treated as an executive agency and part of the Department of Transportation when carrying out such activities. For purposes of carrying out such activities, the Secretary shall, at the request of a State, enter into an agreement for the acquisition, on behalf of the State, of any goods, services, or supplies available to the Secretary from the General Services Administration, including acquisitions from prime venders..." Can Congress really make state agencies part of the federal government? I didn't see that power expressed in the Constitution, did you?

Repayment -- Federal strings

More should read this.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Ah. Ahem.. Brothers, its on the way. We all know it; Everyone knows it. The [blue][size=5][b]WORD[/b][/size=5][/blue] will be fulfilled... I would hope you are all studying up on the chapter and verse, so the times will be predictable, and you will be prepared! I would recommend Isaiah, Daniel, and of course, Revelation, for some specifics...

Reverend Grock
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
More from the artical:

"A State shall adopt and implement procedures for accurately documenting the identity and residence of an individual before issuing a driver's license or identification card to the individual." By now, rural Idahoans have been "given" their FEMA numbers to identify their "residence." These Rural Identification Numbers or RINs were mandated on our county governments if they were to receive FEMA flood insurance and other federal handouts. Now rural Idahoans can't vote without a FEMA number (RIN).

The irony to the above, is that here in Boise county we the people fought this, buy voting down, what our county commissioners said we had to comply with.

So after we voted it down, they just implemented it by fiat. So remember to get out ad vote. Yeah right!
View Quote

We have the new rural adress system here in Oregon too. It's for our "safety", so the "emergency vehicles" can find us easier when we take imbroglios advice and dial 911.....
Any other reason is of course just "tin-foil hat" stuff.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So this is a mark of many beasts? I thought that the mark was to appear on people and products - this is an advanced driver's license to reduce the amount of illegals voting, using medical services, changing names ...

... but as a Buddhist we don't believe in such things as the beast. Science!
View Quote

When this doesn't work, ie. as in prevent the counter fitting of the "ID" card and they want to implant it under your skin, will you take it?
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't believe that inserting a chip under the skin will prevent counterfeiting. We're starting to use biometrics at work to secure our sensitive computers. I have to wear an ID while in the facility anyway, the next system is being installed that uses RF to automatically unlock doors and log your time with in critical rooms. Twelve years ago they used a system where our the barcode on our ID's were read coming and going from the brow. Supervisors could log-in to find out the hours their charges were working and if any had left during duty hours.

Rather than chips I see instant DNA scanners coming around - give them five or ten years. Shave a few cells off the finger and away ya' go.

Not having the slightest thing to worry about I don't see anything proving that I am me via a piece of paper, a piece of plastic, a piece of plastic with a chip inside of it ... the FBI has been so deep into my past over my years of security clearances and reviews, and I've been living a clean life in the years since, who cares if "they" know who I am.

Once you know who I am you can trace my life. It it be with paper files or computer files it's all there like two hundred and fifty million others. I don't worry about satellite tracking, the government watching my credit cars, or X-ray scanners installed by the mall ninjas.

TEOTWAWKI isn't coming because of implanted ID chips but of free health care to the tens millions, open borders, millions of illegal voters, the theft of our children's childhood by the likes of MTV, fatherless hoodlums out of control on our streets, the "dumbing" down of America, a complete and total lack of respect for the values that made this country once great ... these worries I can touch, feel, and see daily about me.

When we worry about alligators in the sewers we forget about the real dangers that we live among everyday. A chip I can get rid of, the moral decay in America I can't.

Just one man's perspective.
View Quote

You are correct in your assessments, except, as one who believes in Jesus, the "chip" is definitely something I do not want.

I will add to your above statement, in that we a treating the symptoms to the disease and not the disease. The disease is Godlessness.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't help but find it ironic when someone who purportedly believes in the Bible starts going on about how this or that is the Mark of the Beast.
First off, people have been saying that "this is the Mark of the Beast" about everything from SSN to UPC codes to whatever.  It reminds me of the guy from The Mummy Returns who was saying everything was "cursed."
Second, if you DO believe in the Bible, then you must believe the Mark of the Beast WILL OCCUR.  Do you think if you take action you can somehow prevent it from happening?
Third, it's also pretty clear in the Bible that believers will KNOW when they are told to take the Mark of the Beast.  It won't "sneak up on them."
So, for God's sake, relax. You'll have a heart attack before you get to live through the Tribulation Period, or whatever.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't help but find it ironic when someone who purportedly believes in the Bible starts going on about how this or that is the Mark of the Beast.
First off, people have been saying that "this is the Mark of the Beast" about everything from SSN to UPC codes to whatever.  It reminds me of the guy from The Mummy Returns who was saying everything was "cursed."
Second, if you DO believe in the Bible, then you must believe the Mark of the Beast WILL OCCUR.  Do you think if you take action you can somehow prevent it from happening?
Third, it's also pretty clear in the Bible that believers will KNOW when they are told to take the Mark of the Beast.  It won't "sneak up on them."
So, for God's sake, relax. You'll have a heart attack before you get to live through the Tribulation Period, or whatever.
View Quote

Just tring to remain alert, and remind others to do the same.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, discharging the capacitor from a camera flash through whatever chip is on it should effectivly render it useless...
View Quote

Fat lot of good that will do once they start requiring it to buy groceries and to travel. "your card isn't working, please step into the special investigation booth sir. Drop your pants."

It's a conspiracy I tell you, and you're all involved.

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
More from the artical:

View Quote

We have the new rural adress system here in Oregon too. It's for our "safety", so the "emergency vehicles" can find us easier when we take imbroglios advice and dial 911.....
Any other reason is of course just "tin-foil hat" stuff.
View Quote

That's what they told us.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you say "Cashless Society" boys and girls?

Anyone can see where things have been going ever since the "New Deal" in the '30's that dramatically increased the Governments presence in our lives.....

Its not "tin-foil hats" its more about trying to prepare for the worst and for that you have to think about everything.

Some people go over board in preparing and some don't do enough, but its all the amount of foresight given to issues....
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can you say "Cashless Society" boys and girls?

Anyone can see where things have been going ever since the "New Deal" in the '30's that dramatically increased the Governments presence in our lives.....

Its not "tin-foil hats" its more about trying to prepare for the worst and for that you have to think about everything.

Some people go over board in preparing and some don't do enough, but its all the amount of foresight given to issues....
View Quote

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#19]
R U sure it's not
                 6 instead of  666.

I fear our sellout politicians and the Police agencies that back them up more than the devil, at least we know where the devil is coming from.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top