Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/14/2017 5:52:49 PM EDT
We know it's coming. State rights when it comes to the 2nd amendment trumps the Constitution. Nothing will be done, and I would even bet my rare Colt Commando with the M4 LE roll stamp on it that SCOTUS would even deem AR's not under the 2nd amendment. So with that said what's the next state?

I'm going with Vermont with a 2nd guess of Virginia. I could also see Ohio following those foot steps.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Are any states even really pushing the issue right now?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably Texas or another state that's turning blue.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Oregon
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
New Jersey is going to go way beyond full retard after the 2018 governor's election.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Minnesota.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Probably Texas or another state that's turning blue.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oregon
View Quote
Or Washington. 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We know it's coming. State rights when it comes to the 2nd amendment trumps the Constitution. Nothing will be done, and I would even bet my rare Colt Commando with the M4 LE roll stamp on it that SCOTUS would even deem AR's not under the 2nd amendment. So with that said what's the next state?

I'm going with Vermont with a 2nd guess of Virginia. I could also see Ohio following those foot steps.
View Quote

You really think that's how it was intended?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Fl has been invaded by ban state fags so my guess is fl.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oregon
View Quote

I fear you are correct.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ohio? Are you high?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Virginia is safe for now.  Our gov can't do anything until he purges the state legislature somehow.  Guarantee this riot in VA will factor into the state congressional races though.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Washington state or Oregon.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oregon
View Quote
Just returned from Portland
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
New Jersey is going to go way beyond full retard after the 2018 governor's election.
View Quote
Probably this.

Maybe it will be the final straw that gets you out?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Let's get the 2nd Amendment Guarantee Act passed so there won't be a "next state."
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You really think that's how it was intended?
View Quote
Is that not what's happening right now? Boy the SCOTUS sure is showing Illinios, Colorado, California, and other states that have gun restrictions the ol' boot.

So yeah it may not be intended, but it sure is happening.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No kidding, we had pro gun legislation passed right after SH.
View Quote
Who was Governor? How long do you think he's going to last?

Oregan, and Washington state are both big ones. New Jersey didn't think of that one either.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Let's get the 2nd Amendment Guarantee Act passed so there won't be a "next state."
View Quote
lol

I say once about 10 states have an AWB and if Democrats have control over all the legislative branch I believe we'll have another AWB but this time permanent.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Washington state or Oregon.
View Quote
Unfortunately, this . We usually follow Washington state in passing stupid laws.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Next Monday??
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#23]
  My prediction, Oregon and Washington will both try and fail but just barely.  They will keep trying though.  Forever.  Virginia seems like a potential trouble spot in the future. 

California will continue to infringe on any and all aspects of the shooting sports.  When Newsom gets elected to the governor's office, and he will unless he sets his sights higher, he will ban all semiautomatic rifles and handguns under the guise of public safety/health.  It will go to the ballot and it will pass.  It will be challenged in the courts, the 9th will rule, it will be appealed and go on up the chain.  And that is why we need President Trump to name a shit ton of USSC appointments.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Probably Idaho.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#25]
If New Mexico gets a democrat governor in 2018 I see AWB and mag bans shortly after.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Rhode Island
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#27]
with that piece of shit Michelle Lujan Grisham running for NM gov and likely to win because Martinez did a pretty piss poor job, I have a bad feeling about this.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My prediction, Oregon and Washington will both try and fail but just barely.  They will keep trying though.  Forever.  Virginia seems like a potential trouble spot in the future. 

California will continue to infringe on any and all aspects of the shooting sports.  When Newsom gets elected to the governor's office, and he will unless he sets his sights higher, he will ban all semiautomatic rifles and handguns under the guise of public safety/health.  It will go to the ballot and it will pass.  It will be challenged in the courts, the 9th will rule, it will be appealed and go on up the chain.  And that is why we need President Trump to name a shit ton of USSC appointments.
View Quote
I feel strongly that the USSC will say that AR's do not fall under the 2nd amendment. Even with Ginsberg replaced. If it ever goes that far I'll make a bet on it. At least a grand.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vermont?...lol.  Vermont has better gun laws then KY
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine - Washington state.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Is that not what's happening right now? Boy the SCOTUS sure is showing Illinios, Colorado, California, and other states that have gun restrictions the ol' boot.

So yeah it may not be intended, but it sure is happening.
View Quote
IL doesn't have an AWB, never did.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Probably this.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably this.

I was supposed to be out in June. Plans fell through and plans keep falling through. My family and I have been homeless and living out of our cars since July and we've been sleeping on people's couches. Everything that could have gone wrong since I tried to escape this shit hole in June has gone wrong and shit just keeps getting worse. I've thought about just quitting my job and leaving the state but I can't do that to my daughter so until shit starts going right again I'll be stuck here.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Amen.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

...snip...

View Quote

I forsee a lot of other states getting a ban before VA. Eventually the cancerous NOVA will destroy this state but it'll take a while before they get the legislature.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#35]
in the near future? oregon.. washington... 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#36]
In 20-30 years it won't matter. The USA will either be split up or will be like Venezuela by then.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Oregon
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Virginia
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Probably oregon
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I definitely think WA/OR. They've been sprinting against each other to see who can infringe faster and under the protection of the 9th circuit, they feel comfortable.

We need a solid smackdown from the USSC or some bomproof legislation to cement AWB's being unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I was supposed to be out in June. Plans fell through and plans keep falling through. My family and I have been homeless and living out of our cars since July and we've been sleeping on people's couches. Everything that could have gone wrong since I tried to escape this shit hole in June has gone wrong and shit just keeps getting worse. I've thought about just quitting my job and leaving the state but I can't do that to my daughter so until shit starts going right again I'll be stuck here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably this.

Damn,I hope things work out for you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Can't believe Illinois doesn't have more votes
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
is that even possible? I mean, aren't they there already?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Oregan, and Washington state are both big ones. New Jersey didn't think of that one either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding, we had pro gun legislation passed right after SH.

Kasich.

Dude, Ohio is one of the most pro gun states in the country. They're not getting an AWB any time soon, if ever. Even Ted Strickland (D) signed a lot of pro gun legislation.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Washington State - because we have the "tyranny of the majority" initiative process here.  Even with the 2nd Amendment, and a state constitution that is even less ambiguous, I don't think we'll be able to hold off the masses much longer.  And recent State Supreme Court rulings have shown that they are perfectly willing to "conveniently interpret" things to suit their agenda (Seattle Gun Tax recently upheld as constitutional for example.)
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Oregon
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Sorry, have to say Oregon, too.

As for Vermont, not likely.  Even Bernie was smart enough to either lie or never touch the 2A issue during his House and Senate runs. Currently has an (R) governor and there are enough natives left to counterbalance Montpelier, Burlington, Bennington and Brattleboro.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Kasich.

Dude, Ohio is one of the most pro gun states in the country. They're not getting an AWB any time soon, if ever. Even Ted Strickland (D) signed a lot of pro gun legislation.
View Quote
Alright, I'll give you that. It'll eventually makes it way down. Same could happen to Virginia, but in reverse. NoVA is spreading.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top