Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 10:21:45 PM EDT
Gents,

Looking for someone in the know not a guess or hunch but maybe a California resident.

I am going to be stationed in California next year.  I have multiple preban weapons some 9mm, .223, .308.  Is there any "Military clauses" that let me bring them into the state as I am not a California resident and am only going there because our government has decided to re-assign me there.

I don't want to be without my weapons for a (3) year tour.  Any one know the LAW?  Also what about Hi-Cap mags for all my pistols and rifles?  

Thanks in advance.  Got to love it, freedom costs us all something.

Semper Fidelis,

Piglet
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 5:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Gents,

Looking for someone in the know not a guess or hunch but maybe a California resident.

I am going to be stationed in California next year.  I have multiple preban weapons some 9mm, .223, .308.  Is there any "Military clauses" that let me bring them into the state as I am not a California resident and am only going there because our government has decided to re-assign me there.

I don't want to be without my weapons for a (3) year tour.  Any one know the LAW?  Also what about Hi-Cap mags for all my pistols and rifles?  

Thanks in advance.  Got to love it, freedom costs us all something.

Semper Fidelis,

Piglet
View Quote

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/le/california/[/url]  will get you started.  My 2 nephews, both in Force Recon, had the same problem.  Their evil 'assault weapons' are stored in the base armory.  Same with their hi-caps.

Note that the PRK doesn't distinguish between pre and post-ban.  If it's an aw as defined by PRK, it doesn't matter when it was manufactured.

Welcome aboard...I'm moving next month.

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Piglet,

I live in NC and would be glad to babysit them until you escape Kali.

[thinking]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]
You can disassemble the rifle and leave the lower and the hi-capacity mags at home.  You can buy a FAB-10 lower receiver when you get to Kalifornia and put all of your pre-ban parts on it.  At least you can have some fun!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Just keep your rifles dissassembled.
Works for everything except AK and AR, they are a little iffy because they were name on a list.  Most things got banned because of evil features, but if your rifle is not assembled then it does not have evil features

any mags have to have been in your possesion, inside the state, before the year 2000, but what's to say they were not.  You could have put them in storage in 1992
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:23:13 AM EDT
[#6]
who gives a sh*t what kalif law says?
if its ok with the brass and base rules then bring your guns and hi caps, as long as you never take them off the base then kalif cops cant touch you.

its interesting that kalif people who registered there AWs were FLAMED HEAVILY for doing so, but the same people whos @ss was Not on the line, were insisting to kalif folks to Not reg there gun, but now some turn around and tell someone to leave their guns out of state before moving to kalif. whats the difference here?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I think that if piglet didn't care about breaking the law he would'nt have asked.  If he brings his rifle into the state disassembled, including the lower receiver, I am sure that he is breaking the law.  I just hope that since he moves to Kalifornia, he will regester to vote here to!  Right now we have a good chance of getting rid of Gov. Grey Dufus!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just keep your rifles dissassembled.
Works for everything except AK and AR, they are a little iffy because they were name on a list.  
any mags have to have been in your possesion, inside the state, before the year 2000, but what's to say they were not.  You could have put them in storage in 1992
View Quote

I'm not saying I did that with the mags when I moved, but understand that the agriculture inspection on the PRK border only gets into your house plants and fruit that are in your car if you drive into the state.

BAD advice on disassembly...AR/AK rifles are described by TYPE, not 'evil' features.  This means that a disassembled and/or stripped lower AR receiver IS an 'aw' in the mind of the PRK doj...though you can do it, in the eyes of the law you may not.

I debated long and hard as to registering mine in PRK; I can see both sides of the argument about registering.  I had an advantage of knowing that I was moving back only long enough to live here for 2 consecutive years (IRS rules).  I got a PRK driver's license and registered mine on the last possible day.  Yeah I caved into the a$$holes in Sacramento, yeah I sacrificed principles in order to avoid the remote possibility of losing an exotic clearance and my job, but I can still shoot my bushy without worrying about hassle.

"Move out of PRK" is easier said than done for a lot of people, especially if they already are out of PRK.  I'm just lucky enough to be able to do it.

-hanko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top