Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2005 8:18:28 AM EDT
i have been trying to pre-order xbox 360 but i cant find any website where i can.

are there any that let you do it over the internet???

how many of you have pre-ordered yours yet???

thanks
cody
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:23:12 PM EDT
Try EBgames.com, they only have bundles though
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:47:11 PM EDT
Im not pre-ordering one.

My company is going to be an xbox vendor, and employees get dibs on one before the customers will. Its nice, we will be the only guys in town selling them, everyone else will have to make a 40 mile trip or get it offline.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:50:43 PM EDT
I work at Best buy and will try and get one that way or I will wait my ass out in line to get as many as I can and then resell them to the lazy bastards that want them for a nice little profit
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:59:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By stretch415:
I work at Best buy and will try and get one that way or I will wait my ass out in line to get as many as I can and then resell them to the lazy bastards that want them for a nice little profit

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:37:21 PM EDT
I don't want one, sure they are better, but they look so gay it is disgusting. I liek the original, nice solid, and if someone breaks in I can beat them to death with it (or even the PS2)

I hate soft lines and wavy eurofag contours
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:07:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TacticalPenguin:
I don't want one, sure they are better, but they look so gay it is disgusting. I liek the original, nice solid, and if someone breaks in I can beat them to death with it (or even the PS2)

I hate soft lines and wavy eurofag contours

Looks have absolutely nothing to do with function. Thats all that matters.

At least it doesnt look like a George Foreman grill, like the PS3 does.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:17:51 AM EDT
I got mine pre ordered at EB games.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:58:14 AM EDT
I just talked to a guy I know who has a video game store...he's gonna try to hook me and a buddy up when he finds out what his allotment will be. Otherwise, I'll be standing in line somewhere. I'm not signing up for friggin' $700 bundle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:37:06 PM EDT
i dont want to order a bundle pack but that all i can find.

i guess i just going to have to send my mom to pre order it in person

thanks

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:47:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 8:51:29 PM EDT by Mr-H]
Ehhhhh . . . I almost pre-ordered a bundle today. BUT, I got to looking around at the games that are coming out and I have to say, I'm just not that impressed. I mean, I watched very video out there of actual game footage and it doesn't seem like a big enough improvement over the Xbox (1) for what they're asking. Sure they were good looking games, but hey, they basically looked like really good Xbox (1) games. In fact, if I hadn't known before hand, you wouldn't have been too hard-pressed to convince me that they were Xbox (1) games. I mean, I'm sure the 360 is powerful and has great specs on paper, but if that doesn't translate into stellar-looking games, I'm not really that interested. From what I have gathered, the extra umph the 360 possesses allows the games to have more things going on at once (e.g. hoards of enemies on-screen without a hiccup - in fact, I read that will become the new cliche') Anyway, if Microsoft is going to ask me to shell out $600-800 for one of their "bundles", I want something a little better than Xbox 1.5. I think they are just rushing it to beat Sony at the debut and try and make a profit this time.

Note: Don't get me wrong, I think the current Xbox is a superior maching to the PS2 and should have won the "Console Wars." I have both, but my PS2 only came out at the release of the Metal Gear Solid Games and the first SOCOM.

Note 2: Maybe I am too fast to judge the new system. I mean, I have only viewed the first wave of games through streaming video. They may look great in person for all I know. Also, if the next gen's game release pattern mimics the current Xbox's history, then games will improve over time (e.g. Star Wars: Obi Wan compared to Chronicles of Riddick)

I hope I'm wrong.

<­BR>

Eh, who am I kidding . . . I'll prolly order one tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:55:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 9:02:58 PM EDT by adair_usmc]

Originally Posted By Mr-H:
Ehhhhh . . . I almost pre-ordered a bundle today. BUT, I got to looking around at the games that are coming out and I have to say, I'm just not that impressed. I mean, I watched very video out there of actual game footage and it doesn't seem like a big enough improvement over the Xbox (1) for what they're asking. Sure they were good looking games, but hey, they basically looked like really good Xbox (1) games. In fact, if I hadn't known before hand, you wouldn't have been too hard-pressed to convince me that they were Xbox (1) games. I mean, I'm sure the 360 is powerful and has great specs on paper, but if that doesn't translate into stellar-looking games, I'm not really that interested. From what I have gathered, the extra umph the 360 possesses allows the games to have more things going on at once (e.g. hoards of enemies on-screen without a hiccup - in fact, I read that will become the new cliche') Anyway, if Microsoft is going to ask me to shell out $600-800 for one of their "bundles", I want something a little better than Xbox 1.5. I think they are just rushing it to beat Sony at the debut and try and make a profit this time.

Note: Don't get me wrong, I think the current Xbox is a superior maching to the PS2 and should have won the "Console Wars." I have both, but my PS2 only came out at the release of the Metal Gear Solid Games and the first SOCOM.

Note 2: Maybe I am too fast to judge the new system. I mean, I have only viewed the first wave of games through streaming video. They may look great in person for all I know. Also, if the next gen's game release pattern mimics the current Xbox's history, then games will improve over time (e.g. Star Wars: Obi Wan compared to Chronicles of Riddick)

I hope I'm wrong.

<­BR>

Eh, who am I kidding . . . I'll prolly order one tomorrow.

Remember that the early games on any console look like shit. Compare a xbox release title, like Bloodwake, to something along the lines of Doom 3, FarCry (xbox version), Half-Life 2 (xbox version), Halo 2, or Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Big difference.

Try this -

vs.

These -

and thats just the leap with xbox1. By the end of the development cycle for xbox360, expect to see some games that are nothing short of amazing by todays standards.

That said -

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:09:59 PM EDT
yeah im trying to get my mom to go and pre order one that is not a bundle pack
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:47:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RTOinIraq:
yeah im trying to get my mom to go and pre order one that is not a bundle pack

I don't think you're gonna have much luck at this point. Everyone - I mean EVERYONE - has jumped on the bundle bandwagon. The only consol-only sellers that I have heard of is EB games. And even they strictly limited how many of those they are selling. People want to make the $$$.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:50:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2005 11:01:40 PM EDT by Mr-H]

Remember that the early games on any console look like shit. Compare a xbox release title, like Bloodwake, to something along the lines of Doom 3, FarCry (xbox version), Half-Life 2 (xbox version), Halo 2, or Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Big difference. ...

You're right. And that's why I still have some hope. Also - now that I think about it - there were a couple games that looked pretty good. They are:

Call of Duty 2 -
This game looks alright. Check out the grain on things wooden. Each board is different. Useless, but really neat.

Another good one.

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter -

Ok, this game seems to look pretty good. But dang, look at how busy the screen is!

Again, the screen's just to busy on the shot below. I mean, there's neon green words here, bright teal border there, a window screen on the left with a guy (who's probably yelling at you) in it. Hey, they should just go ahead and add an exotic dancer window and a window that plays reruns of Emeril Live to the HUD as well. BAM!

OK, notice the soldier below with a blue outline surrounding him. I guees they added that so us retards can tell who's good and bad. As I watched the trailor I noticed this. It seems the nearest friend or foe lights up once your crosshairs get so close to him. Good guys: bright blue... Bad guys: bright red.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion -
No complaints here. This game looks amazing.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Playstation 3 -

The below is kind of what I had in mind for the next gen consols in terms of visual quality.

I am pretty sure this is not a screen shot, though. I imagine it's just another "projection" of what the PS3 is capble of. Just more smoke n' mirrors from Sony.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:55:57 AM EDT
Eh.
I want A Revolution.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:07:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2005 11:08:59 PM EDT by Mike_Mills]
My PC's specs blow away an XBox360. The thing is, my DSL connection limits my overall system performance due to latency (generally, 100ms or more) and data rates (up - 360kbps, down 760 kbps). Honestly, I think the latency is more of a problem than the data rates.

I'll probably buy one anyway, so I can play the XBox360-only games.

If I pre-order one it will be the full system but probably without a bundle. I believe Amazon is doing it this way. I'm on their preorder/notify when available list.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:13:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mike_Mills:
My PC's specs blow away an XBox360.

a 7800gtx will come close to the graphical capability, but there isnt a CPU on the market today that can come even remotely close to the processing power of an xbox360, or PS3. Not.even.close. Maybe in a year or two, but certainly not now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:28:19 AM EDT
Why do you say that? What aspect of system performance is so outstanding for the Xbox360?

I started rereading the Xbox360 specs. Could it be the three symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHZ each?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:33:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 9:37:30 AM EDT by Mike_Mills]
Here are the specs I found:

Below are suggested specs from various sources, rumours, and press releases. When new news appears this will be updated, and of course when official specs are released by Microsoft this site will be updated accordingly.

Discuss these specs in our forums here.

360 HW:
1. Support for DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD
2. All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
3. Customizable face plates to change appearance
4. 3 USB 2.0 ports
5. Support for 4 wireless controllers
6. Detachable 20GB drive
7. Wi-Fi ready

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each no
- 2 hardware threads per core
- 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core
- 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance
- 9 billion dots per second ?

Custom ATI Graphics Processor
- 500 MHz ?
- 10 MB embedded DRAM
- 48-way parallel floating-point shader pipelines ?
- unified shader architecture

Memory
- 512 MB GDDR3 RAM ?
- 700 MHz DDR ?

Memory Bandwidth
- 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth ?
- 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM ?
- 21.6 GB/s frontside bus ?

Audio
- Mulitchannel surround sond output
- Supports 48khz 16-bit audio
- 320 independent decompression channels
- 32 bit processing
- 256+ audio channels

I will have to research my graphics cards capabilities before I can make a decent comparison to Xbox360. I think mine is pretty decent.

Anyway, my system performance isn't limited by the hardware, it's limited by the DSL connection. I don't expect much real improvement until I get a lower latency connection.
Top Top