Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2001 6:30:30 AM EDT
I was shooting with a buddy of mine and he had some mags I havent seen before.  They are Glock .45cal mags with "restricted LEO/Govt only" imprinted on them.  Also on the back between where the double stack is they had "Glock, Smyrna GA 9.13.94"  Would that be the date the mags where made? And if are they that big of a deal to be marked like that?
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Uh-oh.  Politely hand them back to him, then take separate cars home from the range.

Seriously, high cap post ban manufacture mags are illegal, per our benevolent masters in Washington, unless your friend is a cop or military.  All post ban high cap (or "regular cap" actually) mags are so marked.  If I were him (or you) I would not be seen in public with these evil magazines.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]
yes, the date is the date the mags were manufactured.  They are made after the ban on high cap mags over 10 rounds to the civilian market.  If your friend is a law enforcement member then he can legally possess the mags...if not, it is a Federal felony for him to possess same.  Make sure he knows.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll give him a call.  He got tham at a gun show, he says!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't mean to offend you, but why are you even asking the question?  

The magazine CLEARLY states that it is a restricted item - limited to LEO or Military ownership only.

Why would you or your friend [i]assume[/i] the mags might be legal???

Inquiring minds would like to know.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive never seen them marked with dates on anything I have.  But I dont anything thats postban for my pistols, havent bought a pistol since 92.

[beer]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#6]
That is exactly what a post ban Glock magazine says. I have legally posessed S&W and SIG magazines, and they all have similar markings. These magazines are illegal for anyone to have unless they are law enforcement.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top