Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/31/2002 5:56:08 AM EST
I currently have a post-ban bushmaster and am thinking of buying a pre-ban-I can get a good deal at my (not so) local gunshop. The question I have is, if I buy this rifle, can I legally put a new upper/barrel on it and retain the old one, or could that be construed as "intent to create an assault weapon" because I also have that post-ban? I can just see the feds screwing me over on that point, but likewise, want to stay w/in the bounds of "Law and Order". Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:01:12 AM EST
Clarification: The old preban barrel has the 2 illegal (and no doubt evil [:)])features.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:05:03 AM EST
If you have a pre-ban rifle, the pre-ban (evil) upper shouldn't be construed as intent to convert the other (post-ban) into an "assault weapon." I say "shouldn't" because there are significant interpretations available on the spot for officers and agents. If you mate the post-ban lower with a pre-ban upper, definitely. If you store the post-ban rifle (complete) in the same case as the pre-ban upper, that might give them cause for alarm, but it's not proof. Then again, their "cause" can end up in tens of thousands of dollars of legal fees. [;)]
Top Top