Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Legal as can be!

medcop
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Tx DOC I hear you guys kick ass at work, I have a few friends from TX and they kick I/M ass all the time.

As for your mag question no problem, matter of fact stock up on mags while you can, you never can have too many. If you are able to get LEO mags they cost less and are of better quality.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
LEO mags? dunno wut you're talking about, plz clarify
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
What about the ad I saw in a magazine for an aluminum mag? Are they or the plastic dependable?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, despite what the NRA has claimed in the past.z
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What about the ad I saw in a magazine for an aluminum mag? Are they or the plastic dependable?
View Quote

Aluminum, USGI--the only mags to get
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Depends on where you live. If you are in a jurisdiction (like NJ) that limits you to a certain number of rounds, it is NOT legal to have a standard capacity magazine

Scott

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Despite what some idiots have said in the past, it is legal to install a Hi-Capacity Magazine in a Post-Ban. I had one FFL when I was trying to sell a military type firearm with 30 round magazine tell me that it was illegal to insert a hi-capacity magazine in a Post-Ban rifle. I challanged him on the issue (I knew the AW Ban Backwards and Fowards). I stated that the Hi-Capacity Detachable Magazine *Capability* is a defining feature of SAAWs under the 1994 AW Ban. But, as long as the firearm did not have 2 or more evil features it was legal. And, as mine only had 1 evil feature it was legal. I explained the list of evil features as Pistol Grip, Bayonet Lug, Folding Stock, Grenade Launcher, Flash Hider, and Threaded Barrel. He then said that Pistol Grips weren't an issue under "the Brady Law" and that my rifle was illegal. I proceded to inform him that #1 the Brady law and AW Ban are 2 different beasts with the Brady law mandating Background Checks and prohibiting minors from possessing handguns while the AW Ban covered evil features. He became inisistent that he was right. So, I looked on his wall and challanged him to justify his position since he had an AK-47 Type and AR-15 Type rifle on his wall, both with Hi-Caps. inserted in them. He then proceeds to say that they are Pre-Bans. I try to explain that they are not Pre-Bans since they are obvious post-bans (Crowned barrel w/ no threads, No bayonet Lug, Fixed stock, etc...) He then says, "yes they are and they can have 3 evil features..." Another guy tried to explain to this idiot how wrong he was, but he just blew us off by stating that he was an FFL and he should know what he's talking about.

I just walked away since it was obvious there was no convincing this idiot. I just hope he doesn't try selling those obvious Post-Ban rifles telling the buyer they are Pre-Bans.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Only go with USGI mags! dont make the mistake I made when I bought my AR and got USA Magazines,They are worthless! I wish I had known about AR15.com before I made the purchase![pissed]
Welcome to AR15.com!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#12]
NO... you cannot use them.  But I am willing to help you.  Send all you hicaps to me, before you get caught!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Definitely stick with USGI mags (manufacturers differ).  USA mags are after market crap.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#14]
[argue] NO NO NO!!  You must send to me immediately!!!! [argue]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top