Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/14/2001 2:53:44 PM EDT
This morning, my faithful companion of 12 years, Gator, died in his sleep. He was a Golden Retriever, and the finest dog I have ever seen. Thank you for listening. Allen
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 2:55:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:01:15 PM EDT
They are like children, and the pain of loss is overwhelming. The doggie is at peace, but we will pray for you and your family. Wish you the best. Eric
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:07:11 PM EDT
I know one day that my beagle, Scooter, age 13 years, is gonna go off on a chase that will last forever. In the meanwhile, I make certain that his life is as carefree and active as possible. I take him to my farm in the Panhandle as often as I can. Let him chase jackrabbits. I've even picked out a final resting place for the little rapscallion. It's near the old homestead, where my father was born in 1923, and where my grandmother was born in 1900, next to a storm celler that my father built in 1942, right before he left for the South Pacific. A simple headstone for a faithful dog. Sorry to hear of your loss. I pray for you both! Eric The(NoThoseAreNotTears!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:14:24 PM EDT
Im sorry for your loss dogs truly are a blessing from God,I have two American Bulldogs that our family loves,I had to put down a German shepard I had also for 13yrs,I cryed like a baby.God blessings. Paul.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:15:38 PM EDT
Allen, Sorry to hear about your dog. I had a golden retriever that passed not too long ago as well. You have my sympathies. Michael
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:18:06 PM EDT
Bummer. My wife and I don't have any children so our dogs are kind of like our kids. I know how attatched you can get to them, you have my sympathies.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:22:26 PM EDT
I truely feel for your loss... I'm sure your friend will be with your thoughts always....
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:24:27 PM EDT
I know what you're going through. I lost Taz earlier this year. He was only two. I was looking forward to seeing him 'grow old'.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:25:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:20:16 PM EDT
That sucks, Allen Raiford. I still think about dogs I have lost along the way almost every day. Good luck and condolences bro.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:23:18 PM EDT
I know you hurt. Our 16 yr old Beagle died last May. We can still hear him in the night it seems. It will take some time to get over the loss.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:24:13 PM EDT
I am sorry for your loss...my dogs and my present dog mean a lot to me...everyone Ive had were family members..I hope that the Lord in his infinite mercy and compassion who promised to re-unite us with loved ones after death extends this to our animals..as well and that some day you and all those you care for will be united in Christ who gives life forever never to be separated again...
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:06:55 PM EDT
Allen,My sympathys go out to you and your family. "The Creation Of Mans Best Friend" God summoned a beast from the field,and he said,"Behold man is created in my image,Therefore adore him. You shall protect him in the wilderness,shepherd his flocks,watch over his children,accompany him wherever he may go-even into civilization. You shall be his companion,his ally, and his slave. "To do these things,I endow you with the instincts uncommon in other beasts: Faithfulness,Devotion, and understanding,surpassing those of man himself. Least it impair your courage,you shall never forsee youur death. Least it impair your loyalty,you shall be blind to the faults of man. Least it impair your understanding,you are denied the power of words. Speak to your master only with your mind and through your honest eyes. "Walk by his side;sleep in his doorway;ward off his enemies;carry his burden;share his afflictions;love and comfort him. And in return for this,man will fulfill your needs and wants-which shall be only food,shelter,and affection. So be silent and be a friend of man. Guide him through the perils along the way to this land I promised him. This shall be your destiny and your immortality. The dog heard and was content.[>(] Godspeed Gator.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:12:42 PM EDT
To good dog owners the loss of a faithful dog is no different than the loss of a close family member. We have lost many fine companions over the years and I offer my condolences to you and all my respect to Gator. My heart goes out to you.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:57:51 PM EDT
Any pet means alot to you when he/she has been with you awhile. I lost the one a little over a year ago, and I had him for over 15 years. It's tough, and don't think that any of these guys, including myself, didn't shed more than his share of tears when it happens. Best of luck to you, my friend. Sometimes it helps to get another one, when you are ready and after the initial shock and depression, to help you get through it. I don't measn as a replacement, but it helps you to get over the loneliness of not having one, and you'll be surprised how much you'll transfer your love of the animal that passed onto the new animal. Maybe you just learn to appreciate them more (at least it was like that for me). Hope they all go with us to Heaven [:)] I hope this helps, if possible Urban
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:00:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 8:44:09 PM EDT
Two weeks ago today I put to rest my best friend and companion for 12 years. I miss so much, we buried him next to our other lab Bo. I held him in my arms in his last moment and told him I loved him. I will see him again at the Rainbow bridge.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:08:08 PM EDT
When I lived at home, the family dog would like my face to wake me up on Sat. mornings. When she died I really missed her.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:53:40 PM EDT
[:(]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 1:47:01 AM EDT
I feel your loss bro. [img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=996651&a=7329538&p=50401348&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 3:08:46 AM EDT
I know how you feel, here is something I hope will help. Ron Untitled I have struggled with my mind and all the reasons why, My heart cannot accept the reality my mind forces it to see. The emptiness is everywhere, it echoes through the walls, Like a silent unseen ghost making all the years gone by. For a moment I am back and you are safely by my side, Until the light enters my eyes and you are no longer here. How long will this pain continue to shroud my heart, Making every breath I take seem heavy and unnaturally hard. I suppose there was a reason it was your time to go, But now I am left with a book half written, Pages still left blank, chapters still untitled. Heather Nightingale copyright 1997
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 3:52:16 AM EDT
I feel for your loss. I had two other dogs years ago, each one died due to "neglect", i.e. no exercise, no walk in the park, no playing. I was assigned far away from home each of those times and could not care for them. Now I have two German Shepherds. They are absolutely majestic dogs. I promised myself that they will not suffer the same fate. One of them has had an ear infection. I have already scheduled an appointment with the vet despite my heavy work load schedule. They are priority in my list.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 3:53:14 AM EDT
I am truly sorry about your dog. I will say a prayer for your dog & those who will miss him.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 1:14:06 PM EDT
Brother, Allen, your post is one of the hardest for me to respond to. Needless to say, I have a deep love for dogs as you can tell from my chosen user name,"RoadDog" on this forum and some of the canine words I use in my postings. I have always considered all my dogs, past and present as a special member of the family. It is so unfair that such a beautiful and faithful creature live a very short life span as they do. I don't believe I have ever met a dog I didn't like. They have no problem with giving 110% to please their owners and family. Definitely, my prayers will be for your recent loss. My condolences to you and your family. I'm sure Gator is having fun chasing clouds around all day. Take care, bro! [b]-RoadDog[/b] [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Top Top