Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/22/2001 2:54:00 AM EDT
It has become known that 11 US “commandos” had been taken prisoner by the Taliban in the city Mazar-i Sharif, in northern Afghanistan. According to the report which arrived in Balochistan province, the Americans were caught being alive. There are not still any official confirmations. [url]http://english.pravda.ru/[/url] We'll have to see if this is true.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:50:00 AM EDT
If they're alive, they hopefully won't be prisoners for long. If any of them get drug behind a vehicle through the streets of Afghanistan, there will truly be hell to pay. God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:01:32 AM EDT
How can we not believe this? '[i][b]Pravda[/b][/i]' is Russian for '[b]truth[/b].' I'm sure we're in for a rough ride at some point in this operation. Hopefully, this is a mistake, however, and there are no prisoners! BTW, didn't they show these folks that video of what the Chechnyans did to that Russian POW? Eric The(ThatVideoWouldMotivateMe,I'llTellYou!)Hun­[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:22:07 AM EDT
Until a credible source not based on heresay confirms the story, I'm going to hope and assume its a lie. The Talaban even tried to take credit for the helicopter that crashed in Pakastan. I heard on MSNBC that SF raided Mulah Omar's house - didn't they say earlier they bombed it? Anyway, his 10 year old son was killed the first day of bombings. This guy put his personal pride before the life of his own son...
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:30:40 AM EDT
Horseshit. If the Tallywhackers had US prisoners they would have them parading in front of CNN cameras before you could spit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:40:03 AM EDT
I thought CNN wasn't allowed into the country. The only news agency in is some world-wide Arab station based in Qatar, if I'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:55:29 AM EDT
Nothing about it on Drudge or CNN. I'll believe it when I see it, but, if it were true, I doubt these guys would ever come back alive, even if the Taliban "negotiated" a release- they'd probably kill them anyway, if they hadn't already. Somehow, I'll bet our guys are going to fight to the death, if they know what the consequences are of surrendering. This will happen, I'm sure, but not yet. Pravda- hmph! Truth is the first casualty, again.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:56:54 AM EDT
Still more: THE US “HOOK” BIN LADEN FROM SATELLITE. THOUGH NOTHING WILL COME OF IT US reconnaissance has managed to determine bin Laden’s location by using materials of satellite observation of Afghan territory. Pentagon’s officials are sure, the terrorist number one hides himself on the territory of 900 square kilometres. This is being reported by Newsweek referring to military intelligence officials. According to them, this area is situated in mountain region with caves and artificial underground tunnels, so bin Laden could easily escape. The military intelligence’s officials do not report how this information will correct the plan of the ground and of the air operations in Afghanistan. At the same time, even the first part of the ground operation seems not to be completely successful. Last week all TV viewers could see how heroic American rangers captured a completely empty depot and a house where once headquarter of mullah Omar was situated. All what remained from the headquarter were naked walls and three grenade cap discharges. At least, it looks in this way in TV screen. Already today, alarming news started to arrive from Afghanistan. The Taliban officials say they have found fragments of the US helicopter which crashed on Saturday over Kandagar. According to them, the fragments were found in Baba-Sahib mountain area. There are blood tracks on these fragments. Earlier Talibs reported the helicopter had been downed by anti-aircraft plants, and in the crash 25 American soldiers had been killed. Though this morning, as PRAVDA.Ru already reported, 11 US commandos were taken prisoner by the Taliban in the city Mazar-i Sharif, in northern Afghanistan. Pentagon has not confirmed this information yet. SCR1
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:06:14 AM EDT
yeah whatever taliban! [):)]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:15:08 AM EDT
And more updates: AFGHANISTAN: FIRST CONTACT – 20/25 US COMMANDOES KILLED As the US Special Forces invade Afghanistan, the first direct combat has been waged between the two forces, the result being between 20 and 25 American soldiers killed, according to the Taleban. Two days after a helicopter was downed, killing two US military personnel, the Taleban, quoted by Spanish daily El Mundo and the Portuguese radio station Radio Renascenca, claim to have shot down another military transportation helicopter. The victims are said to be between 20 and 25. This information is also confirmed by the satellite t.v. station Al-Jazeera. Taleban sources state that the helicopter came from Pakistan and was shot down over Afghanistan territory. The Taleban cabinet has met and has decided new measures to confront the invaders. Behind the message, expressed by the Taleban education minister “Our message to the Americans is, if they want to remain safe and sound, do not come to Afghanistan. The Afghans are ready and waiting to confront any attack against this country and the USA will suffer a very great number of victims if they decide to attack”, is the decision to distribute mobile anti-aircraft equipment and rocket-launched grenades as the Taleban take to the mountains. The military strategy adopted by Kandahar is thus the same as that which was used against the Soviet forces, which were comprised in their majority by soldiers from neighbouring states who lived in, and knew, the same type of terrain. The reports of these casualties have not been confirmed or denied by the Pentagon to date. PS - I am skeptical too, but believe we deserve to read about it, until I see it with my own eyes.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:36:31 AM EDT
Does anybody remember what happened when the U.S. invaded Granada & Panama few years ago? The foriegn press was reporting a lot of incidents that was not reported in the U.S. media because of a news blackout by the U.S. military. This is the reason that during a SHTF situation, that everyone should have a radio that is capable of receiving shortwave broadcasts news from abroad because it is a certainty that real news would be censored.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 7:32:44 AM EDT
Believe it when you see it kiddies. I have seen our government lie about mission-END Of Object Attempt-
ive/location/you name it, but I have NEVER seen them lie about casualties. (Unless those folks were spooks, in which case they were never there and can’t be held prisoner) If you get my drift. Now I’m off to find some shrubbery for the mods (NI!)
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 7:36:51 AM EDT
ACK! this board parses code strangely. [newbie]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 7:48:10 AM EDT
Still more: Early this morning 0830 GMT Army Rangers occuping an airbase near the Uzbekistan border reported seeing strange lights in the sky later determinred to be a salvaged spacecraft believed to be of extra-terrestrial origin, piloted by bin Laden himself made strfing runs at the rangers with sophisticated laser weaponry. 11 were killed before the saucer collided with a C-17 loaded with Pork Chop MRE's inbound to provide humanitarian agitation amonst the Muslim population. This has been confirmed by reliable sources of the AR15.com forum members. Ranger don't get captured. 100+rangers -11= at least 81 other badasses that wouldn't just stand there to let their buddies be ganked by the tallywhakers.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:31:07 AM EDT
Whenever I want to know what's REALLY happening in the world, I stroll down to my favorite Kommie Kiosk and pick up the latest edition of Pravda. DaMan
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:54:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 9:55:27 AM EDT
I would just note that the Taliban has claimed to have shot down a US Transport helicopter and killed 20-25 special forces troops. The Pentagon has DENIED this report despite the fact that pieces of the helicopter were shown to a CNN news crew earlier today. And note that there are no cameras in the region where the 11 are alleged to have been taken prisoner for the Taliban to parade the prisoners in front of.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:08:12 AM EDT
20-25 troops killed in a helicopter crash? That would have to be a Chinook or Blackhawk, right? I think it smells of horned bovine excrement.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 10:18:29 AM EDT
If you’ve ever seen a shithook land hard then you know that the gear often collapses. I saw one 'time' a deck landing a little wrong and literally crinkle itself like a beer can. It’s not difficult to invision such an event being responsible for the presence of those struts and gear. The pentagon has stated we’ve had three dead and something like five injured, if you would rather believe the taliban, more power to ya single synapse boy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 1:02:09 PM EDT
Pravda is either too broke or too scared to send reporters to the region so they are making up stuff that they think their public wants to hear. They lost a few reporters in some horrable ways in the Afgan war. Why they sent them I dont know, since what they printed was nothing like what was going on. But some of them were kidnapped and found "in pieces".
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 1:10:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By nrkybill: I would just note that the Taliban has claimed to have shot down a US Transport helicopter and killed 20-25 special forces troops. The Pentagon has DENIED this report despite the fact that pieces of the helicopter were shown to a CNN news crew earlier today.
View Quote
Well, no. Pieces of A helicopter were shown. Not THE helicopter, A helicopter. You savvy the difference, Einstein?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 1:11:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Big_Bear: Pentagon briefing: Rumsfeld just [b]denied[/b] that the Afghans shot down two helicopters and that any of our guys have been captured. "Those allegations are false"
View Quote
Nice to finally hear a responce.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 2:17:14 PM EDT
Add "Gigantic Fucking Liars" to the already extensive Taliban resume. Death to them all.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:12:56 AM EDT
I hope people don't confuse Pravda for Prada.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:16:37 AM EDT
Thanks for the Pravda link. Pretty goofy paper. Did you see the link about the Abominable Snowman of Siberia?
Top Top