Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 7:14:22 AM EDT
[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A31756-2003Jun8.html] Prarie Dogs [/url]

I have read a few boards where people love to save these overgrown rats as pets, with their popular links to particular "conservation" pages.  I do not believe in hunting prarie dogs to extinction (unlike squirrels) but there is a definite need to control and manage their populations.  Additionally, this article highlights the dangers of people who keep undomesticated animals as indoor pets.

For anyone who is interested I will offer my services to exterminate your pet or your neighbor's pet prarie dog for free!  [sniper]

SBG
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you catch the "dogbegone" thread from a few days ago ?

In it was a link to a website...

I believe it was: [url]www.dogbegone.com[/url]

I ordered the video...

39 minutes of exploding prairie dog footage...

Pretty impressive what a high velocity 50 grain bullet can do...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife came back from the local pet store yesterday telling about the prarie dogs they just got in. I will have to email her this story. I think they have Gambian rats there too.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My wife came back from the local pet store yesterday telling about the prarie dogs they just got in. I will have to email her this story. I think they have Gambian rats there too.

View Quote

Since she is shopping for a new pathogen for the entire family how about the rhesus monkey from "Outbreak"?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I just sent the url to a friend of mine.
She insisted on petting the prariedogs at a local zoo,  even after I told her they carry flea's that are carriers of the bubonic plague, and other assorted nasties.
Maybe she will listen to me now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Whatever happened to traditional pets like dogs and cats? Seems these days that everyone has to have hamsters, gerbils, fish, tropical birds, goats, snakes, ferrets, etc.

To me a dog is a pet. I view prarie dogs and rodents as nice moving targets for a 22-250 at 300 yards! LOL. Now tell PETA I said so.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:23:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#7]
How would these PETA folks feel if they had 500 to 1000 rats in their back yard?  The damage done to cattle and ranches ..... something has to be done.  
Charlie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top