Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 9:39:37 AM EDT
It has been interesting reading all the different debates that show in this section, however, I wanted to start a simple thread to praise God for whatever He is doing in your life.  Please respect the intent.

I want to praise God for His faithfulness and patience, since my wife's passing I had avoided God and church.  Thankfully, He didn't avoid me, instead He patiently waited, quietly prodded, and now I am back on the road to becoming a faithful servant of His.  I have a long ways to go, and much to learn.

Todd
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
His love and mercy is my hope....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#3]
A few years ago, I was saved.  Not terribly long after that, I moved into a very anti-Christian environment.  I had no connections with other believers that could support me, and I quickly faltered.  I fell back into sin, and I stopped feeling the Holy Spirit on a regular basis.  He didn't necessarily leave me, but if He was there, I wasn't listening.

Recently, I've made some connections with other Christians, and I'm feeling called to come back.  I'm working with God to eliminate the sin in my life, and I'm just trying to completely give my life back to Him.  

I posted this on the praise thread, because I think that's it's incredible that He'd take me back.  Not only did He send His Son to die for me and forgive my sins the first time, but He's taking me back, even after I wandered away from His gift for a while.  His unending, undying mercy never ceases to amaze me.  

There's also another lesson to be learned from this: always try to be around other believers.  As far as I know, none of the apostles ever set out alone.  Each one always had a supporter there with him.  God intended for us to be a part of a community of believers.  Even with God on our side, we need other people to support us sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I praise him that I woke up today. My family are all well as far as I know.  I have a roof over my head and a wonderful wife and family.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I praise God for the Work He is doing in us and others.
I also praise Him for finding this spot of light here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I Praise him for so many things, Loving Christian Parents, Wonderful Christian wife, My 2 Daughters,
The fact that I can read the Bible at work and noOne has a cow, and Especially because Even a backslider like me can still hear his voice, and he still calls me, even though I keep putting him back on the cross.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I am rotten to the core, yet I am married to the woman I would choose for my wife if I were king of the world; my sons each possess nobility that words cannot express; and I want for nothing. I praise God for the profligate blessings he showers on the undeserving.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Good thread
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:57:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Holy, holy, holy!

He alone is worthy of honor and glory and praise!

It will be so wonderful to shout those words before His throne.

Until then, my feeble human efforts to express love, appreciation, and gratitude will have to do.

From Psalm 151 by the band Jacob's Trouble:

"How could words ever frame any praise that is worthy of thee?"

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I try to live in a state of gratitude to God.  We should thank God for every good thing in our lives every day.  Every day is a gift.  May God bless you all - may you and your families be well, happy, and at peace.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I praise God for His perfect Will and plans for our lives.  He recently was able to use my wife's life and testimony (she passed away 2 years ago), to touch the life of a person I have never met, living 2 states away.  

I shared my wife's testimony to a friend recently.  She was so moved she talked to her friend in Iowa who was having problems.  God used Sue's life and death  to His perfect glory and this woman is now attending church and Bible studies.  The girl I talked to is also re-evaluating her walk and getting things right.

Praise Him!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Am I the only one who tears up just a little reading this thread?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:25:10 AM EDT
[#13]
The Lord has given, and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:59:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I praise him that I woke up today. My family are all well as far as I know.  I have a roof over my head and a wonderful wife and family.

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:37:33 AM EDT
[#15]
+1

He is my hope and strength.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:53:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A few years ago, I was saved.  Not terribly long after that, I moved into a very anti-Christian environment.  I had no connections with other believers that could support me, and I quickly faltered.  I fell back into sin, and I stopped feeling the Holy Spirit on a regular basis.  He didn't necessarily leave me, but if He was there, I wasn't listening.

Recently, I've made some connections with other Christians, and I'm feeling called to come back.  I'm working with God to eliminate the sin in my life, and I'm just trying to completely give my life back to Him.  

I posted this on the praise thread, because I think that's it's incredible that He'd take me back.  Not only did He send His Son to die for me and forgive my sins the first time, but He's taking me back, even after I wandered away from His gift for a while.  His unending, undying mercy never ceases to amaze me.  

There's also another lesson to be learned from this: always try to be around other believers.  As far as I know, none of the apostles ever set out alone.  Each one always had a supporter there with him.  God intended for us to be a part of a community of believers.  Even with God on our side, we need other people to support us sometimes.

I am with you, muskrat!!! Anytime you need some encouragement, look me up!~ * smiles*
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:54:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Praise God for my son's many surgeries that have made him the awesome "lil' man" he is!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:55:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I Praise him for so many things, Loving Christian Parents, Wonderful Christian wife, My 2 Daughters,
The fact that I can read the Bible at work and noOne has a cow, and Especially because Even a backslider like me can still hear his voice, and he still calls me, even though I keep putting him back on the cross.

Keep diggin into His Word, Rick....sounds like you are walkin forward...not backwards to me! God bless and keep you and your family.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:57:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Holy, holy, holy!

He alone is worthy of honor and glory and praise!

It will be so wonderful to shout those words before His throne.

Until then, my feeble human efforts to express love, appreciation, and gratitude will have to do.

From Psalm 151 by the band Jacob's Trouble:

"How could words ever frame any praise that is worthy of thee?"

am singin His praises with you bro!!! We can go before His throne with boldness even now. AWESOME GOD!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:59:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The Lord has given, and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Yes, too often people remember Him only in the good times, eh? He knows the beginning from the end...AMEN! Blessed be His glorious name.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:00:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
His love and mercy is my hope....

He alone, is my hope.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:02:33 AM EDT
[#22]
I also recently lost my wonderful wife of many years.

Jesus Christ walked every step with me through that lengthy and heartwrenching process and He continues to support me every minute of every day.

Praise God for all blessings, the greatest of which is the love and grace provided by Jesus.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Amen, brother. God is good . . .
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:11:00 AM EDT
[#24]
God is good.  There is no way I would be here today without him in my life.

Max
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow . . . this is the first thread in this forum that has really brought me joy.
Nice thread, ToddB.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#26]
I agree - great thread.  Every day is a gift.  May God bless you all.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Wow . . . this is the first thread in this forum that has really brought me joy.
Nice thread, ToddB.

No problem.  Sometimes we get so into the debating, some positive, a lot negative. that it seems that we sometimes lose track of the prize.  God is holy, and most worthy of praise.

Also, I find encouragement hearing how God is working in people's lives.  The simple thoughts and stories presented here are the best testimony to God's goodness.  It helps to read when you are world tired, and weary.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I want to praise God for guiding me to the straight path.

Alhamdulilah hi Rabbil alameen - All praise it due to Allah, Lord of the Worlds
Ar Rahman ir Raheem - The Benificient, The Merciful
Maliki yawmideen - Master of the day of judgement
Iyaaka na'budu wa iyaaka nasta'een - You do we worship and you do we ask for help
Ihdinas sirataal mustaqeem - Guide us on the straight path
Sirataal adeena an 'amta alayhim - The path on which you have bestowed your grace
Ghayril maghdubi alayhim waladaleen - The path of those whose (portion) is not wrath and who do not go astray
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:19:18 AM EDT
[#29]
I thank God for the ability to love. If it were not for his grace and forgiveness I'd dispise everyone along with myself.

I thank  God for sending his perfect son to die that I might live.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:21:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I thank GOD for everyday I'm here, for my family, friends, job, community, and all the blessings in this life and the afterlife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top