Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2001 4:16:16 AM EDT
HOT HOT HOT : Visit http://www.militia-of-florida.com/denied.htm FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO FEEL ALL WARM AND FUZZY!
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 4:42:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I really can't see what the State did wrong.

The Governor of Florida has NOT formally given the "go ahead" to any militia group in the State of Florida, and he is the only one who can do so.

Until the Governor formally forms the Militia as provided for under the Constitution of the State of Florida, THERE IS NO MILITIA!

Further, and until such time as the Governor of Florida activates a Militia Status, there is NO militia that is viable. And anybody that tries to act as a Militia Man is just asking for trouble.

Frankly, I have no sympathy for the man that apparently goes out of his way to try and prove a point when he has no firm foundation for his stand.

Just because the Constitution allows for a Militia, it doesn't mean that the State of Florida has to allow individuals to act independant of the law and the process required to formalize a State Militia.

If he broke the CCW law in the State, then he is a Law Breaker...period. And IMHO, the justification used to break the law is fatally flawed and without merit.

Oh, and by the by...

After having read the linked News Flash...I have an observation to make. I can now fully understand why the State of Florida, as well as other States are against the Militia movement.

With the overt intent to excite sedition, and the obvious lack of research done as a foundation for this article on the part of the reporter, I personally would not what any part of an organisation such as theirs, nor would I want to even associate with their members.

These are the people, either by themselves or as a group, that will speed the process of Gun Control to the point that my/your SUR will no longer be available for my/your enjoyment.

So, before you buy into the Militia Movement nonsense, just consider what freedoms you will be, with great speed, giving up as a direct result.

Govern Yourself Accordingly...

Ne Parcas...Nec Spernas

Link Posted: 2/24/2001 4:59:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The Governor of Florida has no control whatsoever over militia not in active service of the state, only when he activates them can rules apply, as Perpich vs. DOD 1990 clearly states, so anyone who is militia operates outside the authority of any government authority unless in active duty to that government entity! Could the U.S. SUPREME COURT BE WRONG?
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 5:17:19 AM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#4]
But when the governor never formed a militia, there is no militia.  So if there is no militia to activate, there are no members to claim that the laws don't apply to him unless activated.  Who made the guy in question a militiaman?  Was he self annointed?  Sounds a little delusional.  He knew the state law and sounds like he is just trying to skirt around it.  His antics could to more harm to the Second Amendment by his claim of being militia.  That would just fuel the claims by the antis that only militia has the right to bear arms, and since this case points out their is no militia in Florida, they could scream that this proves we have no right to our guns.  Granted, the founding fathers meant every person capable of bearing arms was part of the militia, but they did not mean it as an excuse to ignore the law.  Besides, when the court says that a militia not in active service is not under the control of the government, they meant the unit itself, insofar as being directed to perform an action, they did not mean that individual members are outside the law and did not have to obey existing civil or criminal laws.  This whole thing sounds a little fanatical and anarchistic.  Don't get me wrong, I think some of the laws are ridiculous and the Federal government needs to be toned down some, but I know what the laws are and what the consequences are if I break them.  I don't want anarchy reigning in this country.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I think we need to differentiate between the organized and unorgainzed militia.  The Organized would fall under jurisdiction of the Governor.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]
GREAT THREAD!

Topical
Informative
Authoritative
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top