Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/11/2004 2:59:48 AM EST
Latest on suspicious weekend power outage

Authorities say two high-voltage transmission towers in the Milwaukee area have been tampered with. The towers fell over the weekend, knocking out power for 17-thousand customers, including the Milwaukee airport. Oak Creek police chief Thomas Bauer says authorities will collect more evidence at the scene today. The Joint Terrorism Task Force and the FBI are investigating. Bauer says bolts were removed from a plate that connects the legs at the base of the towers. Yesterday Amtrak had to cancel ten trains because the downed wired caused by the fallen towers lay across the railroad track. Freight trains from the Canadian Pacific Railroad were also delayed for 26 hours. About 17,000 We Energies customers were without power for hours Saturday. The outage shut down screening equipment at the airport and delayed flights.

http://www.newstalk1130.com/main.html

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:01:48 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:32:52 AM EST
I wonder what the diversion covered?

Or was it just an intelligence mission.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:45:55 AM EST
I was thinking the same exact thing
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:50:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By rn45:
I wonder what the diversion covered?

allowed mohamed to sneak through security and place some pistols in the seatcushions on a few planes.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:07:00 AM EST
Watched the Milwaukee TV news this AM, confirmed previous reports. They're not calling it terrorism at this time. Gotta wonder what this is really all about.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:08:21 AM EST
Probably home-grown terrorists...shit like that has ELF written all over it...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:10:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:16:55 AM EST
Or a couple of idiots, drunk and access to some really big socket wrenches......
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:31:58 AM EST
But even more important: What is the status of the Polish Moon? Still shining?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:04:00 AM EST
a wet bird flies at night, over
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:15:55 AM EST
Where were the downed towers located? Just wondering cuz of some other things that have been happening by the oak creek powerplant, and no it's nothing I'm going to talk about in the open here.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:14:29 AM EST
I heard on the radio this morning that two employees of the power line company reported "middle eastern men" video taping the headquarters office.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:03:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By Red_Beard:
I heard on the radio this morning that two employees of the power line company reported "middle eastern men" video taping the headquarters office.

They said that because they are the ones that forgot to replace the bolts...
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:22:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By IamtheNRA:

I wouldn't doubt it. There are a lot of people pissed at the expansion plans for the Oak Creek Power Plant.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:37:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By photoman:

I wouldn't doubt it. There are a lot of people pissed at the expansion plans for the Oak Creek Power Plant.

I think that's the most plausible explanation. That and the fact that, from photos they've shown of the tower's base, you wouldn't need special tools to vandalize this thing - a 3/4" ratchet and a cheater pipe could of done the trick.

If it was kids, they more than likely video taped their actions (as they always seem to do now-a-days).
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:45:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dolomite:

Originally Posted By photoman:

I think that's the most plausible explanation. That and the fact that, from photos they've shown of the tower's base, you wouldn't need special tools to vandalize this thing - a 3/4" ratchet and a cheater pipe could of done the trick.

If it was kids, they more than likely video taped their actions (as they always seem to do now-a-days).

The only reason I won't go and say it was an ELF thing, but an ELF like thing, is simply because ELF claims their shit by writing ELF someplace around their work.But I will say this, do to the number of people effected whoever did it should catch a terrorism charge for it. 17K people effected and a major international ariport. Do you know the exact area where the towers that got taken out were???
Top Top