Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2014 3:50:32 AM EDT
I always watch them on Sunday but I think they are new on Sat, anyways, looks like they changed the name, dont know if the host is the same, hope not. That Courtney was just too dry for a car host. Always seemed like she was talking thru her nose, lol.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#2]
i went to the powerblock site and they re-branded it, minus changing the url. Courtney is on the homepage.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]
yea she still on there, dry as ever. But the rest of the cast seems to have a different demeanor, not a bad thing but you can tell there are/were changes
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Name change screwed up my DVR
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate the new names. I wonder what the name changes are trying to accomplish.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Are these shows still on the spike channel??
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Spike TV

CBS Sports

NBC Sports
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spike TV
CBS Sports
NBC Sports
View Quote

Thank You...
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:33:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I hate the new names. I wonder what the name changes are trying to accomplish.
View Quote

it's on a new network, that's why. Speed Channel is gone. Velocity has taken a lot of those shows from Speed.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Been watching the Powerblock shows since it was on TNN.

Hopefully they'll keep putting the episodes on the web.  I don't get cable so that's the only way I can watch.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#12]
New and improved!  Now with less show content and more product placement.  Also, another 5 minutes was cut from each program and more commercials added for your entertainment pleasure!!
I timed a show one time and I think it was something like 13 min. of actual show and the rest was commercials and promos.  And to make DVRing fun, they stagger their start and stop times.  Screw 'em. haven't watched in 2 years. When Lou left, that was it for me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
New and improved!  Now with less show content and more product placement.  Also, another 5 minutes was cut from each program and more commercials added for your entertainment pleasure!!
I timed a show one time and I think it was something like 13 min. of actual show and the rest was commercials and promos.  And to make DVRing fun, they stagger their start and stop times.  Screw 'em. haven't watched in 2 years. When Lou left, that was it for me.
View Quote

Lou has his own show now, its okay a lil hokey.

I agree, I was watching it this weekend, with so many commercials I actually forgot what I was watching.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Been watching the Powerblock shows since it was on TNN.

Hopefully they'll keep putting the episodes on the web.  I don't get cable so that's the only way I can watch.
View Quote
I remember when Jim Scoutten hosted both Shooting USA and Car and Driver TV on TNN.

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I always watch them on Sunday but I think they are new on Sat, anyways, looks like they changed the name, dont know if the host is the same, hope not. That Courtney was just too dry for a car host. Always seemed like she was talking thru her nose, lol.
View Quote

If they were gonna rename it then make it the Red Neck Power Hour.

They renamed all the shows to something completely different and completely lame.

I almost hate them for it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
yea she still on there, dry as ever. But the rest of the cast seems to have a different demeanor, not a bad thing but you can tell there are/were changes
View Quote

Hottest car chick ever was AJ on first run of Overhaulin.   God she was amazing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Looked like reruns to me. Changed it after 4x4.
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#19]
It's all re-run crap, and Courtney "Marlboro Reds" Hanson is terrible as a talking person. (Looks fine though. : ) )
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I beg to differ. Jessie Combs has her beat.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hottest car chick ever was AJ on first run of Overhaulin.   God she was amazing.
I beg to differ. Jessie Combs has her beat.

Nope...

No inky trash for me thanks.   Plus I think Jesse might be a dyke, no confirmation on it but mostly it is her tats that make her suck.

AJ is purely amazing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 4:51:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#22]
You guys have it all wrong!   Arianny Celeste is the new hostess on Overhaulin'   Sorry guys, best one yet! (Google is your friend)
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I loved horsepower tv back when chuck hanson was on there. Trucks too with stacey.

Now it's mostly zmax plugging and mind numbing restoration.

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I loved horsepower tv back when chuck hanson was on there. Trucks too with stacey.

Now it's mostly zmax plugging and mind numbing restoration.

View Quote

The aluminator powered ranger was cool but ofcourse once built they dropped the ball on showing any real performance from it.   Fuck it throw it against a stock mustang or an actual competition or autocross.

But noooooo, two fags on a track telling you it is awesome...

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
are they producing overhaulin again?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys have it all wrong!   Arianny Celeste is the new hostess on Overhaulin'   Sorry guys, best one yet! (Google is your friend)
are they producing overhaulin again?

Yes!  Not quite the same show though.  Less shenanigans and more car build.  I actually like it better now.  Seems like a smaller crew too, and now there are less big name advertisers.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 3:26:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Yes, Chris is still with the program.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top