Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 7:56:44 PM EDT
Hello,
I'm trying to post some gun pictures here and on the EE forum. I can't seem to figure it out. What are the steps to posting pictures? Thank you for any help!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
first do you have a picture host like photobucket?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I do not. I have my pictures taken and on my hard drive.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Step 1: Get a picture.

Step 2: Get a hosting service. (Free, unless you want insane bandwidth)

Step 3: Post picture to hosting service.

Step 4: Post link to hosted image using  image  tags.

Step 5: Be the envy of all the Arfcommers with your swank pictures!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
host your pics here
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Step 1: Get a picture.

Step 2: Get a hosting service. (Free, unless you want insane bandwidth)

Step 3: Post picture to hosting service.

Step 4: Post link to hosted image using  image  tags.

Step 5: Be the envy of all the Arfcommers with your swank pictures!

img63.imageshack.us/img63/3193/farva8ap.jpg

Did all this but I still can't post a picture because my pictures are to big and the hosting service will not allow a big picture. My stupid Kodak Easy Share program will not let me shrink my picturs. It will only let me crop them which does not help.
How do I get my pictures small enough so the server will let me post them?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
host your pics here

I signed up with your link. Thank you! I still can't get it to work. See above post.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Email them to me if you want and I'll resize them and email them back
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did all this but I still can't post a picture because my pictures are to big and the hosting service will not allow a big picture. My stupid Kodak Easy Share program will not let me shrink my picturs. It will only let me crop them which does not help.
How do I get my pictures small enough so the server will let me post them?

Imageshack will resize photos for you. I use GIMP, but there are a number of free image apps which will resize photos for you. Also save them as .jpg, if they are .bmp or .gif, to cut down on size.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:15:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
first do you have a picture host like photobucket?

I never understand why people have so much trouble with this.   You don't need a "picture host" because you already have one - it's called your ISP.  Every ISP in the world gives you free web space, and there's no add banners, time limits, or bandwidth restrictions.  So why don't you use it?

Look around your provider's "Support" page and it will tell you how to use the web space you're already paying for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top