Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2005 8:31:31 AM EDT
I cannot spell the camp name but it was formerly camp new york. I am in the fucking middle of no where. Oh well, it isnt too bad here, I am waiting for the rest of my unit to arrive. We have some more training and briefs to go to but we will be in Iraq shortly. My BN SGM told us that if we have MOLLE gear, we can wear it even if it is not issued My 1SG will be pissed but oh well. Now all I have to do is find a good carrying handle scope mount.

I have to go to another brief from my XO so I will post later.

Link Posted: 5/4/2005 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
New York, I had heard that it was torn down. That place does suck as its in BFE, hoipe the BK and PX are still operating for you guys. Take care.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Its camp Beuring or something like that. It is a training camp, we live in a/c'd tents so it isnt that bad, we have subway, pizza hut, and buger king. The PX is ok.

I just want to get started. My whole unit is here now but we are wiating to start the last part of our training.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Camp Buehring (formally known as Camp Udairi), is north of Camp New York. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there, too many rules and REMFs.
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Dude!!!!

I just got to Kuwait a couple of days ago...I'm working for CSA and I think I'm going to be running the recycling program for CSA in your camp. It's the camp to the north-west of Kuwait City, isn't it?

Small world...
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I was there a month ago for Raven training.  Doesn't KBR suck?!!! Waste of money running the damn convoys.
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
KUWAIT  is full of REMFs,aint that the truth and all there damn rules that make no sense. No weapons in the PX, chowhall and they get combat pay, BS.
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
KUWAIT  is full of REMFs,aint that the truth and all there damn rules that make no sense. No weapons in the PX, chowhall and they get combat pay, BS.

Weapons are allowed in the PX and chow hall here. At doha no weapons are allowed at the chow hall. I got combat pay bakc in 2002 when I was deployed to Saudi. I never fired a round or got shot at but the MPs found car bombs at the gate and a few american civilians were killed in downtown Ryidad(sp)
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#8]
CSA  huh? i worked w/ CSA guys on Doha at the TCF.  Enjoy Kuwait, what there is of it to enjoy...go down to the market at Sharq mall, and get you a hookah and some flavored tobacco, thats bout all there is to do.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#9]
camp new york, yack.

that place sucked.

spent feb of 2004 there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
CSA  huh? i worked w/ CSA guys on Doha at the TCF.  Enjoy Kuwait, what there is of it to enjoy...go down to the market at Sharq mall, and get you a hookah and some flavored tobacco, thats bout all there is to do.

Yeah...that and getting some GREAT deals on gold and hand-made Persian rugs off base. Buying and smoking REAL Cuban cigars. Swimming and riding wave-runners in the Persian Gulf. Shopping the bazaar at Fahaheel. Trying the local cuisine(some of it is actually quite good!). Chartering a boat and fishing in the Persian Gulf. Meeting and flirting(maybe more...)with SCORES of beautiful women from all over the world...Fillipinas, Indians, Koreans, Sri Lankans, Romanians, Ukranians, Yugoslavians, Chinese, Russians, etc...  

If you think there isn't anything to do, then you haven't tried very hard.

This isn't the U.S., you actually have to go out and look for something to do...it isn't just going to fall into your lap.

I've only been here a little more than a couple of weeks and I'm having the time of my life...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top