Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 1:05:31 PM EDT
www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5183

An Iranian court has sentenced a teenage rape victim to death by hanging after she weepingly confessed that she had unintentionally killed a man who had tried to rape both her and her niece.

The state-run daily Etemaad reported on Saturday that 18-year-old Nazanin confessed to stabbing one of three men who had attacked the pair along with their boyfriends while they were spending some time in a park west of the Iranian capital in March 2005.

Nazanin, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said that after the three men started to throw stones at them, the two girls’ boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.

She described how the three men pushed her and her 16-year-old niece Somayeh onto the ground and tried to rape them, and said that she took out a knife from her pocket and stabbed one of the men in the hand.

As the girls tried to escape, the men once again attacked them, and at this point, Nazanin said, she stabbed one of the men in the chest. The teenage girl, however, broke down in tears in court as she explained that she had no intention of killing the man but was merely defending herself and her younger niece from rape, the report said.

The court, however, issued on Tuesday a sentence for Nazanin to be hanged to death.

Last week, a court in the city of Rasht, northern Iran, sentenced Delara Darabi to death by hanging charged with murder when she was 17 years old. Darabi has denied the charges.

In August 2004, Iran’s Islamic penal system sentenced a 16-year-old girl, Atefeh Rajabi, to death after a sham trial, in which she was accused of committing “acts incompatible with chastity”.

The teenage victim had no access to a lawyer at any stage and efforts by her family to retain one were to no avail. Atefeh personally defended herself and told the religious judge that he should punish those who force women into adultery, not the victims. She was eventually hanged in public in the northern town of Neka

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Some peoples are fucking savages.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
i do find it hard to believe her story of rape.. [/sarcasem]

everything i hear about the ROP is that they are fudge packers..  

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]

the two girls’ boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.

That's fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

An Iranian court has sentenced a teenage rape victim to death by hanging after she weepingly confessed that she had unintentionally killed a man who had tried to rape both her and her niece.

The state-run daily Etemaad reported on Saturday that 18-year-old Nazanin confessed to stabbing one of three men who had attacked the pair along with their boyfriends while they were spending some time in a park west of the Iranian capital in March 2005.

Nazanin, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said that after the three men started to throw stones at them, the two girls’ boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.

She described how the three men pushed her and her 16-year-old niece Somayeh onto the ground and tried to rape them, and said that she took out a knife from her pocket and stabbed one of the men in the hand.

As the girls tried to escape, the men once again attacked them, and at this point, Nazanin said, she stabbed one of the men in the chest. The teenage girl, however, broke down in tears in court as she explained that she had no intention of killing the man but was merely defending herself and her younger niece from rape, the report said.

The court, however, issued on Tuesday a sentence for Nazanin to be hanged to death.

Last week, a court in the city of Rasht, northern Iran, sentenced Delara Darabi to death by hanging charged with murder when she was 17 years old. Darabi has denied the charges.

In August 2004, Iran’s Islamic penal system sentenced a 16-year-old girl, Atefeh Rajabi, to death after a sham trial, in which she was accused of committing “acts incompatible with chastity”.

The teenage victim had no access to a lawyer at any stage and efforts by her family to retain one were to no avail. Atefeh personally defended herself and told the religious judge that he should punish those who force women into adultery, not the victims. She was eventually hanged in public in the northern town of Neka

WTF, and there are some who say the Iranians are morally superior to the US
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#6]
why didn't we invade Iran?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Unbelievable.

Is it, really?

It's gotta be Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#8]

And they're gonna have nukes soon.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Women seem to have about the same "rights" in Iran that my cats have in the U.S. or Western Europe.    
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

the two girls’ boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.

That's fucked up.

pussies
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The teenage victim had no access to a lawyer at any stage and efforts by her family to retain one were to no avail.

Figures, try and hire some scumbag lawyer to defend your actions instead of paying the consequences.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#12]
islam; coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

what a bunch of jackasses.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Remember, they practice a religion of peace.  Perhaps self-defense by a woman is considered to be abhorrent in Allah's eyes, if so, then who are we to question them?  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That's fucked up.

arabs= cowards unless they can sit back 2k and blow a IED.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's fucked up.

The Iranian's aren't arab. They're aryan from what I heard (Vito I beleive).

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
And had they been raped, her father would have killed her for losing her virginity.

remind me, why does america keep it's borders so open???
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Just one word... ROP.
Oh, thats three words
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder is the rapist is a "good muslim"???
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#20]
We don't hear a peep from the moonbats about women's rights in the Middle East, but they'll protest for days about a damn golf tournament.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#21]
DK-Prof posted:
Women seem to have about the same "rights" in Iran that my cats have in the U.S. or Western Europe.

That’s totally wrong! Women in Iran have less rights then your cat. Your cat would not be hung if it were raped! The Iranian court system views rape as the woman’s fault. Dressed in black from head to toe, with only their eyes showing, if they are raped they were asking for it by being provocative.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#22]
family values, Iran style

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
DK-Prof posted:

That’s totally wrong! Women in Iran have less rights then your cat. Your cat would not be hung if it were raped! The Iranian court system views rape as the woman’s fault. Dressed in black from head to toe, with only their eyes showing, if they are raped they were asking for it by being provocative.  

Well, if her ankles were showing.............

-K
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's fucked up.

They're Persian, which is supposedly different from Arab.  I can't tell the difference by looking though.  A guy at my work is from Iran, and he says that arabs are darker and have curly hair, but I've seen plenty of light-skinned arabs with straight hair.  Maybe the difference is purely cultural, but I can't tell the difference.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
We don't hear a peep from the moonbats about women's rights in the Middle East, but they'll protest for days about a damn golf tournament.  

For the same reason the moonbats went ballistic over the panties-on-the-head "abuse" of MoslemMaggot terrorists while silently condoning the decapitation of dozens of Western civilians.

The warped answer they give is simply this:

"When it's America doing bad things, the American people should be far more outraged."

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's fucked up.

Correct.  The vast majority are aryan, or white.  The first white people probably.  They are also Persians since Iran is what used to be Persia.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn, dead if you do and dead if you don't.  How fucked up is that?  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#28]
She should've said she was sorry.....

Sorry she didn't stab the other two motherfuckers in the heart.

Fucking Savages.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Sadly DK-Prof you are wrong.
Treating a pet badly is a punishable crime in most western countries, unfortunately in these radical Muslim countries women have less rights than your cat.

Rich V
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#30]
She should have gotten a farkin medal, not a death sentence.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
why didn't we invade Iran?

I said THAT at the time of the initial invasion of Iraq.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:39:17 AM EDT
[#32]
[iranian]Can't have these wimminz gettin' all uppity on us, now, can we?  That'd make us as bad as the dog Americans.[/iranian]

Seriously, working for a major university, I get to see and talk to a lot of foreign students, many from the Middle East (including several from Iran).  Most students that I come into contact with from those types of countries think they're shitholes, too, and couldn't wait to escape to "The Great Satan."
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Verily, I say unto thee: These men were true gentlemen, and scholars.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
And had they been raped, her father would have killed her for losing her virginity.

Yup.

Sharia law at its finest.

They ought to hang the farkin judges.

There is nothing just about that story.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:50:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Savages with atomics.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:01:43 AM EDT
[#36]
 I suppose that if I mention we should Nuke them from orbit.....I'd

Screw it....

Nuke them from orbit...it's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:01:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

You throw rocks at your cats for whoring* around?

* Some loose, subjective definition.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Just one word... ROP.
Oh, thats three words

No, it's one word (albeit in the form of an acronym).

Now, for the $25k question: Why is ROP *really* evil?

Ans: It's only one letter away from "rap".
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

[offtopic]
Love your new avatar, photokirk.  Vivien was my favorite of The Young Ones.

My favorite ep was when he discovered oil in the basement while playing Murder In The Dark with a hatchet (overtures of The Beverly Hillbillies).
[/offtopic]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
She should've said she was sorry.....

Sorry she didn't stab the other two motherfuckers in the heart.

Fucking Savages.

Dead men don't testify.........

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[offtopic]
Love your new avatar, photokirk.  Vivien was my favorite of The Young Ones.

My favorite ep was when he discovered oil in the basement while playing Murder In The Dark with a hatchet (overtures of The Beverly Hillbillies).
[/offtopic]

"Viva El Presidente!"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Where are the Women's Rights groups, why aren't they protesting the treatment of women in Islamic countries???  The NOW gang is strangely silent.  Don't see them with protest signs in front of the Iranian embassy, do we?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:29:44 AM EDT
[#43]
[sarcasm]  but, but, the younger generation is westernized and wants to bring the fundamentalist regime down.  They only want McDonalds and Cable TV,  they're really harmless [sarcasm]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top