Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/20/2006 1:41:52 PM EDT
I recently posted an article here that listed information on the death of Judge S. Hugh Dillin. I searched for it and lo and behold, it was gone. Since he died right before March 13th and it's only the 20th, it looks as though the politically correct have chosen to delete the post. I certainly did not like him and made that clear in my post. Apparently it was too sensitive a topic. Let's see how long this one lasts. My guess is about 5 minutes.

Died: Judge S. Hugh Dillin

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Former federal Judge S. Hugh Dillin, who oversaw the desegregation of the Indianapolis schools during more than three decades on the bench, has died. He was 91.

Dillin died Monday in Cambridge, Mass., where a daughter lived, court officials said.

He was nominated as a district court judge for the southern Indiana district in 1961 by President Kennedy. He remained in that position until 1994, when he went to part-time status for several years.

Perhaps Dillin's most controversial case was his 1973 order that the Indianapolis Public Schools begin busing students between schools to achieve racial desegregation. He expanded that busing order eight years later by requiring the Indianapolis district to send 5,600 black students a year to six suburban Marion County school districts.

That busing continued until Dillin approved an agreement in 1998 to phase out the busing of students to the suburban schools
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:01:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 2:06:58 PM EDT by brouhaha]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:08:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:12:38 PM EDT
Let's see...busing and desegregation in Indianapolis.

Um, yeah, and that affects me how, exactly?

tc6969, I agree with you exactly on this post and, for once, I was wishing you would yell DUPE!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 2:14:34 PM EDT by beagler76]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:15:42 PM EDT
Click on this button at the top of the page and see what you find.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:19:05 PM EDT
GIS for 'Trilateral Commission':

Not really what I expected...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:28:40 PM EDT
Um,

I think you just duped yourself.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:30:01 PM EDT
Put some mufflers on that hog.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:55:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 2:58:06 PM EDT by Paul]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:52:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 5:58:46 PM EDT by rn45]
It may have been easy for you to find, 5 minutes, but you just said in your earlier post that it can't be searched if it has no responses. So just how was I supposed to find it if it did not come up in the search.

Originally Posted By brouhaha:
Tinfoil a bit tight?

If nobody responds to a post, you can't search for it.

[edit]

You mean this one?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=446060

It took me all of 5 minutes to find it...

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:00:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 6:07:43 PM EDT by DK-Prof]

Originally Posted By rn45:
It may have been easy for you to find, 5 minutes, but you just said in your earlier post that it can't be searched if it has no responses. So just how was I supposed to find it if it did not come up in the search.

I think he meant that it won't come up in your "My Active Topics" until someone has replied to it.

Search would have found it easily, if you remembered words from the original title. Holy crap - you're right, search didn't find it!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:06:15 PM EDT
I searched using DILLON and JUDGE and didn't get it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:10:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:12:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Paul:

Originally Posted By nightstalker:
I searched using DILLON and JUDGE and didn't get it.

Dillion like the gun reloader or Dillin like the Judge's name?

Actually I searched for DILLON then saw the spelling Dillin and did that too. Judge did not come up so I'm going to just chalk it up to having a Mac.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:18:32 PM EDT
What's the status of your Gourami?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:26:14 PM EDT
I have a 40 gallon tank for my gourami. Think that is enough?

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:28:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:37:25 PM EDT
I like pi
pi
mo pi
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:42:13 PM EDT
Did you try checking "My Topics"?

SBG
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:55:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 7:55:24 PM EDT by snarfbatt]
Dillin had some other rulelings that were not that good, but some that were and for the best of me I can't remember them. As a resident of Southern Indiana we would hear his name a lot.When I was young I did not pay atention
As I remember most of the Kennedy judges were conservitive as judges go todayHis bio
He is from the same area as my family (Mothers side) these were not liberal people. He used the rule of the law to equal the playing ground not legislate.
One of my great Uncles was a life long friend of Judge Dillin, as a Judge himself Judge Lester Nixon (great Uncle) decided that a Southern Indiana rabbit hunt was in order. This was in 1981 and MOM was in regular contact with Lester, she thought that I as a new LEO it would be good for me to spend time with these to two.
Well I was a bad shot that day, but Lester and Hugh limited out (strange how that worked) I listened and learned, they told me as a young dumb officer what I needed to know. I never lost a case after that.
I could have used the connections that I forged that day but, as I explained to Lester, I would make it on my own or quit the job, which he respcted.
But sometimes justice takes a strange turn.
After I resigned as a LEO, due to politics ,Lester was appointed as a "Special prosecuter "for the case of said POL. Who was found guilty for numerous charges. During that trial time Lester and Hugh S. Dillin had and I a few hunts. We never discussed the law, that was work and not discussed.
I was advised or how things "should be done" but was not in a position to make them work at that time.
Hugh called me a few times when US Marshall positions came up and asked If I wanted one. My response was no I was out of that life and wanted to take care of my family.
I am sorry to hear of his death I have not talked to my mother for about three weeks as I am out of town, wife knew about it but didn't tell me. Wife thought that it was just another cousin that she didn't know.
Damn now I am bummed out, a man that I respcted died and I did not know I would have flown to the funeral. A good 2nd ammendment man.
I am very sorry to hijack this post but when you spend time with someone like this, they are not like the pols. They are smart(very) common sense people.
Oh for those of you are like yeah bs. The offical who proformed the wedding to my wife almost (count down to 25) 24 years ago in the chief justice of the Indiana Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:12:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:24:40 PM EDT
Dupe!

And he died in Cambridge, MA.

How fitting.
Top Top