Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/27/2012 8:19:36 AM EDT
This was just posted by Noveske on their Facebook page:

Not sure about the facts here, I received this from a friend.

----John

Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Colombine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold’s medical records have never been made available to the public.
Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather’s girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.
Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.
Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.
Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.
Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.
Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.
Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.
A boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 had a Zoloft-induced seizure that caused an armed stand off at his school.
Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded..
A young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.
Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.
TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.
Rod Mathews, age 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.
James Wilson, age 19, (various psychiatric drugs) from Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.
Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania
Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California
Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.
Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.
Jeff Franklin (Prozac and Ritalin), Huntsville, AL, killed his parents as they came home from work using a sledge hammer, hatchet, butcher knife and mechanic’s file, then attacked his younger brothers and sister.
Neal Furrow (Prozac) in LA Jewish school shooting reported to have been court-ordered to be on Prozac along with several other medications.
Kevin Rider, age 14, was withdrawing from Prozac when he died from a gunshot wound to his head. Initially it was ruled a suicide, but two years later, the investigation into his death was opened as a possible homicide. The prime suspect, also age 14, had been taking Zoloft and other SSRI antidepressants.
Alex Kim, age 13, hung himself shortly after his Lexapro prescription had been doubled.
Diane Routhier was prescribed Welbutrin for gallstone problems. Six days later, after suffering many adverse effects of the drug, she shot herself.
Billy Willkomm, an accomplished wrestler and a University of Florida student, was prescribed Prozac at the age of 17. His family found him dead of suicide – hanging from a tall ladder at the family’s Gulf Shore Boulevard home in July 2002.
Kara Jaye Anne Fuller-Otter, age 12, was on Paxil when she hung herself from a hook in her closet. Kara’s parents said “…. the damn doctor wouldn’t take her off it and I asked him to when we went in on the second visit. I told him I thought she was having some sort of reaction to Paxil…”)
Gareth Christian, Vancouver, age 18, was on Paxil when he committed suicide in 2002,
(Gareth’s father could not accept his son’s death and killed himself.)
Julie Woodward, age 17, was on Zoloft when she hung herself in her family’s detached garage.
Matthew Miller was 13 when he saw a psychiatrist because he was having difficulty at school. The psychiatrist gave him samples of Zoloft. Seven days later his mother found him dead, hanging by a belt from a laundry hook in his closet.
Kurt Danysh, age 18, and on Prozac, killed his father with a shotgun. He is now behind prison bars, and writes letters, trying to warn the world that SSRI drugs can kill.
Woody ____, age 37, committed suicide while in his 5th week of taking Zoloft. Shortly before his death his physician suggested doubling the dose of the drug. He had seen his physician only for insomnia. He had never been depressed, nor did he have any history of any mental illness symptoms.
A boy from Houston, age 10, shot and killed his father after his Prozac dosage was increased.
Hammad Memon, age 15, shot and killed a fellow middle school student. He had been diagnosed with ADHD and depression and was taking Zoloft and “other drugs for the conditions.”
Matti Saari, a 22-year-old culinary student, shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine.
Steven Kazmierczak, age 27, shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amounts of Xanax in his system.
Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen, age 18, had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School – then he committed suicide.
Asa Coon from Cleveland, age 14, shot and wounded four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon was on Trazodone.
Jon Romano, age 16, on medication for depression, fired a shotgun at a teacher in his
New York high school.

Missing from list…3 of 4 known to have taken these same meds….
What drugs was Jared Lee Loughner on, age 21…… killed 6 people and injuring 14 others in Tuscon, Az

What drugs was James Eagan Holmes on, age 24….. killed 12 people and injuring 59 others in Aurora Colorado

What drugs was Jacob Tyler Roberts on, age 22, killed 2 injured 1, Clackamas Or

What drugs was Adam Peter Lanza on, age 20, Killed 26 and wounded 2 in Newtown Ct
Roberts is the only one that I haven’t heard about being on drugs of some kind
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I've heard this before.

But did the drugs cause/aggrivate their psychosis... or did they just happen to be taking them cause they were all nuts anyways?

My suspicion is the latter.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:21:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Crazy people take crazy pills.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#3]

We should also be bringing up all the mothers who have murdered their children while on psych drugs.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I've heard this before.

But did the drugs cause/aggrivate their psychosis... or did they just happen to be taking them cause they were all nuts anyways?

How about we just defer blame right now.  Putting the question in people's minds that it could be the drugs is also putting the question in people's minds that it could not be the guns.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting read.  Guns are not the problem.

Thanks and Gig'em.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmmmm, so crazy people take crazy pills?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've heard this before.

my suspicion is that it is a little of both...

there have always been crazy people and for the last 150 Years firearms available to teens..

but the teens doing this kind of shooting are all on drugs..

and I know correlation does not equal causation that is why I go with both
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've heard this before.

Trying to get your average American or Arfcommer to understand the difference between correlation and causation is like banging your head against a brick wall.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yes...but what effects do those pills actually have on those crazy people?

Apparently it doesn't always make them less crazy.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've heard this before.

yup.

people need to understand the difference between correlation and causation.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've heard this before.

my suspicion is that it is a little of both...

there have always been crazy people and for the last 150 Years firearms available to teens..

but the teens doing this kind of shooting are all on drugs..

and I know correlation does not equal causation that is why I go with both

I don't disagree with that. Add to that a society that doesn't hold people accountable for bad choices/crimes/wrongdoing, many of these kids being allowed to indulge in hours of violent video games and movies every day, and other societal factors and you have MANY things that are likely adding-up to the increased violent attacks. I don't see it changing though... because "society's" fix right now seems to be on the TOOLS used for the crimes... instead of the actual FACTORS that led these kids to think that their ultimate actions were some sort of solution to their perceived problems.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#12]
tagged.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've heard this before.

Trying to get your average American or Arfcommer to understand the difference between correlation and causation is like banging your head against a brick wall.

Burn the witches!!!  

Gotta say though... the average GD poster is but a fraction of the witch burner than the average liberal, knee-jerk gunophobe is.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#14]
For fuck's sake.

They advertise this mind altering crap on tv, and it takes half of the fucking ad to tell you what all can go wrong if you do take them.

It is no wonder that folks tip over and commit these horrible crimes.

Some might say that even if they help just a few people.

The gun grabbers say the same thing, if only guns were banned we could save everybody.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#15]
http://www.ssristories.com/index.php

Here's a link
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Half were probably set to their PCP and prescribed "head drugs" too. What does a nation expect when the nut-jobs get drugs handed out to them like Tic-Tacs by a fucking PCP and no supervision after that to make sure that they take them. No fucking common sense at all.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
many of these kids being allowed to indulge in hours of violent video games and movies every day,

and the rock and roll music, which leads to dancing
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Let me paraphrase this awful logic: many people who have sex use condoms.  Therefore condoms cause sex.  

I dunno bout you guys but I'm gonna go buy some rubbers RFN!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep.  And the real problems come when they stop taking their pills.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I blame Dungeons and Dragons.

At least that's what caught all the flak when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#21]
TL DR

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#22]

But did the drugs cause/aggrivate their psychosis...

Yes. Most psychiatrists pimp them out like they're candy now. Hell most of the ones here only see you to write scripts and don't even want to hear your problems. Read this:
http://www.amazon.com/Comfortably-Numb-Psychiatry-Medicating-Nation/dp/B0048EL8D2

The amount of people that take this shit is a lot higher than the amount of people that legitimately need to take this shit.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#23]
We discussed this over Christmas dinner. It really should be looked out.

How does a depressed person who might only want to end their own life switch to being a homicidal maniac?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

which in turn makes them even nuttier and go of the deep end

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is more the correct answer. Im on zoloft, does that mean Im going to go on a killing spree? No it does not. Im consistant in taking my meds, It is when you stop taking them that shit goes south.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRUE DAT!!!

My ex quit Paxil cold turkey one summer. I've referred to that as the "summer of hell" ever since. Spent many a night on the couch. She was raging one day and I E&E'd to the bedroom and locked the door. BIG mistake. She kicked open the door and jumped on top of me. Tore up my shirt, etc. I remember calmly thinking (while I was rolling around the floor with her on top of me) that if I did what I was inclined to do (defend myself with my fists), then I was gonna lose my kids and guns. So I took it and somehow de-escalated the situation. It was FUBAR. So I do think that these drugs can cause problems for sure. But ultimately, people still make a choice to murder innocent people in cold blood (voices in their heads or no).

Btw... my ex's mother is schizo. She's been in and out of mental institutions over the years. The older my ex gets... the more of her mother I see in her.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#27]
New member and physician here. Don't want to overstep my newbie bounds here but saying antidepressants cause people to go on shooting rampages is like saying high blood pressure medications and insulin for diabetics causes strokes and heart attacks. Obviously treating someone's diabetes and their high blood pressure decreases their risk for strokes and heart attacks but even so, they are at higher risk for and have a higher incidence of these events. So did the medication cause the problem or their underlying disease? The problem with america is we want to blame inanimate objects/medications/TV for our problems because its too hard to face/address the real problem which is that we have a society that loves violence, lacks morals, and has a few evil mentally unstable people in it that we will never understand. Maybe it is because we forced God out of school and government...maybe it's the break down of the family unit..not sure really? But it is not a pill or guns or video games.Thats why we should be armed.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
New member and physician here. Don't want to overstep my newbie bounds here but saying antidepressants cause people to go on shooting rampages is like saying high blood pressure medications and insulin for diabetics causes strokes and heart attacks. Obviously treating someone's diabetes and their high blood pressure decreases their risk for strokes and heart attacks but even so, they are at higher risk for and have a higher incidence of these events. So did the medication cause the problem or their underlying disease? The problem with america is we want to blame inanimate objects/medications/TV for our problems because its too hard to face/address the real problem which is that we have a society that loves violence, lacks morals, and has a few evil mentally unstable people in it that we will never understand. Maybe it is because we forced God out of school and government...maybe it's the break down of the family unit..not sure really? But it is not a pill or guns or video games.Thats why we should be armed.

Good first post.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:05:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, seriously, they weren't crazy UNTIL they took the pills.

Evil profiteering pharmaceutical companies and what not.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Good first post.

Agreed!  Welcome, scmed!  
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard this before.

And then arguing that the headache caused the head-banging.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not an exact science and they only treat the mental illness.  It doesn't fix them.  The medication also has side effects that most people wouldn't want so they stop taking them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, seriously, they weren't crazy UNTIL they took the pills.

Evil profiteering pharmaceutical companies and what not.

It's amazing how many people believe this shit.  Mostly dirty hippies.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I've heard this before.

My thoughts exactly.

Though, I dont doubt that playing with brain chemistry could perhaps aggravate it. They do indeed put "If you have thoughts of suicide...." warnings on all these drugs..

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Welcome new guy, you should post more.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I've heard this before.

I read in a medical journal (maybe a year or two ago is all?) that research conducted in the UK, the first of its kind, on long term effects of Ritalin and other similar drugs showed that children and teenagers still under development proved to have significantly higher (6x IIRC?)  odds of developing violent psychosis as adults when treated with Ritalin, generally setting in during the mid to late twenties- even if they had no significant psychiatric problems themselves or in their family history.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#37]
not surprised
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I've heard this before.

How about we just defer blame right now.  Putting the question in people's minds that it could be the drugs is also putting the question in people's minds that it could not be the guns.

Or it is as equally ridiculous as blaming guns for the actions of a madman.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Correlation != Causation
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is more the correct answer. Im on zoloft, does that mean Im going to go on a killing spree? No it does not. Im consistant in taking my meds, It is when you stop taking them that shit goes south.

Exactly, these pills are not going to work for everyone and sometimes may make things worse. I took wellbutrin and chantex to try an quit smoking, bad side effects for me. An ex was on Zoloft and it seemed to improve things for her, she screwed up and forgot to fill her script, she went batshit crazy, I was actually scared of her and in fear.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Apply the double tap to evil.  I don't care what motivated these people, I only care that they can no longer harm or take the lives of innocent people.  There is no excuse for their behavior.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Thanks OP for sharing with those who don't have FB (like me).

Definately gives us a topic to think about.  Like someone just posted above...we shouldn't be focusing on the variables, we should be focusing on the root of the problem.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This was just posted by Noveske on their Facebook page:

Not sure about the facts here, I received this from a friend.

----John

Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Colombine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold’s medical records have never been made available to the public.
Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather’s girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.
Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.
Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.
Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.
Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.
Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.
Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.
A boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 had a Zoloft-induced seizure that caused an armed stand off at his school.
Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded..
A young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.
Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.
TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.
Rod Mathews, age 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.
James Wilson, age 19, (various psychiatric drugs) from Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.
Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania
Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California
Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.
Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.
Jeff Franklin (Prozac and Ritalin), Huntsville, AL, killed his parents as they came home from work using a sledge hammer, hatchet, butcher knife and mechanic’s file, then attacked his younger brothers and sister.
Neal Furrow (Prozac) in LA Jewish school shooting reported to have been court-ordered to be on Prozac along with several other medications.
Kevin Rider, age 14, was withdrawing from Prozac when he died from a gunshot wound to his head. Initially it was ruled a suicide, but two years later, the investigation into his death was opened as a possible homicide. The prime suspect, also age 14, had been taking Zoloft and other SSRI antidepressants.
Alex Kim, age 13, hung himself shortly after his Lexapro prescription had been doubled.
Diane Routhier was prescribed Welbutrin for gallstone problems. Six days later, after suffering many adverse effects of the drug, she shot herself.
Billy Willkomm, an accomplished wrestler and a University of Florida student, was prescribed Prozac at the age of 17. His family found him dead of suicide – hanging from a tall ladder at the family’s Gulf Shore Boulevard home in July 2002.
Kara Jaye Anne Fuller-Otter, age 12, was on Paxil when she hung herself from a hook in her closet. Kara’s parents said “…. the damn doctor wouldn’t take her off it and I asked him to when we went in on the second visit. I told him I thought she was having some sort of reaction to Paxil…”)
Gareth Christian, Vancouver, age 18, was on Paxil when he committed suicide in 2002,
(Gareth’s father could not accept his son’s death and killed himself.)
Julie Woodward, age 17, was on Zoloft when she hung herself in her family’s detached garage.
Matthew Miller was 13 when he saw a psychiatrist because he was having difficulty at school. The psychiatrist gave him samples of Zoloft. Seven days later his mother found him dead, hanging by a belt from a laundry hook in his closet.
Kurt Danysh, age 18, and on Prozac, killed his father with a shotgun. He is now behind prison bars, and writes letters, trying to warn the world that SSRI drugs can kill.
Woody ____, age 37, committed suicide while in his 5th week of taking Zoloft. Shortly before his death his physician suggested doubling the dose of the drug. He had seen his physician only for insomnia. He had never been depressed, nor did he have any history of any mental illness symptoms.
A boy from Houston, age 10, shot and killed his father after his Prozac dosage was increased.
Hammad Memon, age 15, shot and killed a fellow middle school student. He had been diagnosed with ADHD and depression and was taking Zoloft and “other drugs for the conditions.”
Matti Saari, a 22-year-old culinary student, shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine.
Steven Kazmierczak, age 27, shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amounts of Xanax in his system.
Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen, age 18, had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School – then he committed suicide.
Asa Coon from Cleveland, age 14, shot and wounded four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon was on Trazodone.
Jon Romano, age 16, on medication for depression, fired a shotgun at a teacher in his
New York high school.

Missing from list…3 of 4 known to have taken these same meds….
What drugs was Jared Lee Loughner on, age 21…… killed 6 people and injuring 14 others in Tuscon, Az

What drugs was James Eagan Holmes on, age 24….. killed 12 people and injuring 59 others in Aurora Colorado

What drugs was Jacob Tyler Roberts on, age 22, killed 2 injured 1, Clackamas Or

What drugs was Adam Peter Lanza on, age 20, Killed 26 and wounded 2 in Newtown Ct
Roberts is the only one that I haven’t heard about being on drugs of some kind

fanapt was lanzas poison.

BAN PSYCH DRUGS NOW!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

side effects are known and listed in FDA mandated warning labels.
HOMICIDAL IDEATION. FTW
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Just read the listed side affects the companies have to put out for each drug.  It's all right there from the drug companies.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#46]
I know it wasn't listed, but I've taken adderall before, and I can vouch for the fact that it made me EXTREMELY paranoid.  I didn't trust myself with my own firearms during the brief time I took it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#47]
so which comes first?  Psycho kid is a danger, or psycho kid on drugs is a danger?

Any way you parse it, psycho kids are almost always the killers.  Lets lock them away forever, and soon.  Hey, lets do it for the kids!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

good first post...

but with Psychotropic Med's we do not even know if the are a contributing factor... not the cause but a factor..

I believe it goes something like this..

Teen is crazy/suicidal... seeks some kind of help or treatment

Teen get on Med's and Med's help...

Teen stops Med's cold for whatever reason

Brain Chemistry was good on Med's and is now more fucked up then before they started taking the Med's.

I admit this is all speculation on my part..  and detracts from nothing you said.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I've heard this before.

Exactly. Blame video games, too. You can then turn around and defend video games when the discussion arrives there.

Whatever gets the discussion away from guns is a good thing, IMHO, at least until all of the emotion dies down.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not always.

Side effects include "Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome" http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-8095-SERTRALINE+-+ORAL.aspx?drugid=35&drugname=zoloft+oral&pagenumber=6  and thoughts of suicide and can make you nervous and anxious.

Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome includes "cognitive changes such as delirium". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroleptic_malignant_syndrome

So, you can end up suicidal, nervous, anxious and delirious--and toss in chronic sleep disorder for good measure. What could go wrong?

All of these drugs list pretty much the same kind of possible side effects.

ETA: I'm not saying this is the cause in these cases. But with the massive overuse of these drugs, eventually uncaught "rare side effects" are going to have an effect.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top