Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:23:09 AM EDT
As an accountant, there's ALOT of three ring binders in my life. Since I use them alot, the pages keep tearing out.

When I have a sheet to put in the three ring, I'll put a piece of tape where I punch the paper, which acts as reinforcement to keep the pages from tearing out.

That resolved, I am now working on world peace.

What great (or wierd) solutions do you have for typical problems we all face?

Post 'em.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Global plague that kills off most of the population.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

...but only kills the "bad" people.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:28:29 AM EDT
[#3]
A large asteroid impact would take care of many of societies issues.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you can figure out how to make one that does that, then by all means go for it!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Mass  high velocity lead poisoning of all libtards....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:33:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I propose a Jonathan Swift-ian solution to global poverty.  Eat the poor.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:39:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I work outside in the summer.  On my ladder rack  I installed a cooler. I attached a hose to the cooler and nozzle to the hose.  Every morning, for about 8 months out of the year, I buy a 16 lb. bag of Ice for a dollar and put it in the cooler.  It keeps my lunch, bottled water and gatorade cold. As the Ice melts, I can wash off/ cool down with the water from the hose with the help of our friend gravity.

In the hottest months, I buy 2 bags of ice and shower between jobs and change shirts.  

It's also handy to wash off my boots before I enter the home of an Asian woman.

This is my attempt to save the world, increase Hygine, maintain cold beverages and avoid carpet cleaning bills.

-HS
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:41:34 AM EDT
[#8]
People bug me so I roundhouse kick them to the back of the head, problem solved.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:43:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Feed the homeless to the hungry.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:51:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Make exact copies of my G19 that goes off by itself and give them all free to the Al Quada terrorists.  They will shoot their own eyes out !!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:55:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Interesting so many people see the solution to the problems that plague society to be wiping out society.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#12]
If you are on welfare, you will be given drugs that sterilize you temporarily.  If you can't find a job within 6 months and keep it for another 3, you will be deported.

Close the fucking border.  LEGAL immigration only.

Govn't subsidized housing ceases to exist.  If people can't afford a home or apartment, they will be deported.

Everyone living on the street will be offered jobs doing the manual labor that the illegal immigrants won't be around to do.  If they don't want the job, then they will be deported.

Privatize social security.

All inmates on death row will have their cases reexamined.  If the case is clear-cut, the inmate will be executed immediately.

All inmates serving life sentences with no chance for parole will be executed in the same manner as those on death row.  Spending money to keep these animals alive is completely pointless.  

The crime of rape will be punishable by death.  Same with true cases of child abuse.

Habitual offenders of any violent crime will be given the death penalty.  Three strikes and you're out for good.

Habitual offenders of any non-violent crime will receive much harsher punishments.

Tell Iran that if they continue pursuing nuclear weapons, we WILL give them some.  No more pussyfooting around.

Tell Kim Jong Il the same thing.

Begin actually enforcing traffic regulations like driving in the passing lane, driving too slowly, etc.  Increase the speed limit to 80mph since everyone drives that fast anyway.  Ticket anyone not doing at least 75 on the freeway, the slow bastards are the ones causing accidents.

Cell phone use without a hands-free headset while driving will be against the law.  Enforce it... pay especially close attention to women driving SUV's.  This is not profiling, it's protecting the public.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Ozone problem?

Set up a bunch of those stupid blue-light bug zappers in the swamps around LA and like that, down south.

Not only will it cut down on mosquito-borne diseases, all the extra ozone created by frying those blasted things will patch up the hole in no time.

Two birds, one electrified wire.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:29:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Tell Iran that if they continue pursuing nuclear weapons, we WILL give them some.  No more pussyfooting around.

Tell Kim Jong Il the same thing.

I like it  

Reminds me....my momma used to say "If you keep crying, I'm gonna gove you a  REASON to cry."

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I work outside in the summer.  On my ladder rack  I installed a cooler. I attached a hose to the cooler and nozzle to the hose.  Every morning, for about 8 months out of the year, I buy a 16 lb. bag of Ice for a dollar and put it in the cooler.  It keeps my lunch, bottled water and gatorade cold. As the Ice melts, I can wash off/ cool down with the water from the hose with the help of our friend gravity.

In the hottest months, I buy 2 bags of ice and shower between jobs and change shirts.  

It's also handy to wash off my boots before I enter the home of an Asian woman.

This is my attempt to save the world, increase Hygine, maintain cold beverages and avoid carpet cleaning bills.

-HS

Great idea!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
As an accountant, there's ALOT of three ring binders in my life. Since I use them alot, the pages keep tearing out.

When I have a sheet to put in the three ring, I'll put a piece of tape where I punch the paper, which acts as reinforcement to keep the pages from tearing out.

That resolved, I am now working on world peace.

What great (or wierd) solutions do you have for typical problems we all face?

Post 'em.

Someone already stole your idea...

FWIW, these things make nifty little targets when pasted on the black background of a paper target.
See if you can hit it dead center with a .22.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:43:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the earth or mother nature has never been discriminatory.

as George Carlin said, "the earth could shake us off like a dog shakes off a flea."
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Someone already stole your idea...

images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007R4XRC.01-A29OJ6X5R346BY._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

They separate from the paper in short order,  they are way thicker than tape, they are more expensive, its near impossible to get them centered.....my idea is WAY better.

FWIW, these things make nifty little targets when pasted on the black background of a paper target.
See if you can hit it dead center with a .22.

Now THAT is a great idea.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#21]
People in jail should farm their own food. So if they don't work together, they starve. Why should the rest of us support their existence AFTER they committed crimes?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
People in jail should farm their own food. So if they don't work together, they starve. Why should the rest of us support their existence AFTER they committed crimes?

What do you mean by crime?  Do you mean violation of the law?  Is the law always or even mostly just?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted: What do you mean by crime?  Do you mean violation of the law?  Is the law always or even mostly just?
Oh geez, gimme a break. You actually need clarification? Did you get hit by the stupid stick?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#24]
You could solve a heck of a lot of problems on the roadway by making every vehicle come standard with a cell phone and make the license plate number the phone number.

If someone actually ran the risk of someone calling them up and chewing them out for being such a dickhead on the roadway, they might behave with a little more courtesy.
naah.... who am I kidding.....

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Here is my solution to the whole social security problem

(1) Set a national referendum on social security reform;
(2) The day of the referendum, all TV stations will have a non-stop Matlock marathon.
(3) With no old people voting, we can do what we want to social security.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't want to kill anyone,  I just want to go around whacking people with a clue bat.

I'd start today but I have arthritus in my elbows.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, I've always wanted to let a few more people know that World Peace is a horrible goal to work for, since the only way anything like that could concievably come about is a world dictator so powerful, brutal, and oppressive that nobody can oppose him. I'd rather have freedom, along with whatever violence goes along with it, and whatever violence is required to maintain it.

I also have a few vauge ideas for reform to the criminal justice system. In the short term, I think we could solve a lot of problems with the death penalty by introducing a new standard of proof for it. Now, in order to convict someone of a crime, you must prove that they are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. My idea is that in order to be elligible for the death penalty, you must prove that they are guilty beyond any possible doubt (or something like that). My hope is that this would allow us to fast-track executions for the guilty, and not bother if there's any significant problems with the case.

In the more abstract, long-term, I think it might be good to move away from imprisonment as a punishment and towards pain. I think something's wrong when people are scared of who else will be in prison with them more then prison itself. Why not stop wasting so much time and creating a university of criminal tactics?

Let's say some guy commits armed robbery, and gets caught. Ideally, he'd be tried and convicted in a week or two, recieve his punishment (caning, whipping, something like that), and then go home a normal citizen with full rights, including gun ownership and being able to get a decent job because he doesn't have a "felony" on his record. He has full opportunity to rejoin normal society. After being convicted, say, three times in a row, he'd be executed. At that point, he'd have proven that he has no intention of reforming himself and being an honest citizen, so we get rid of him, end of story. This way, career criminals could be executed in months, instead of being in and out of prison for decades.

I remember hearing from several of the officers here that almost all of the crime in their cities is committed by a relative handful of known criminals. With this system, I think they'd have to either start behaving themselves, or be eliminated from society.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top