Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:06:52 PM EDT
while drooling over a few websites, i have decided that i am in the market to replace my ban-legal bushy with an evil-feature-laden implement of destruction.  i considered upgrading my current rifle, but i suspect that this route would wind up costing the same, if not more, than purchasing a new one.  alas, however, i am unaware of what kind of trade/resale value postys are getting nowadays.

i didn't want to post this in EE, as there would be somewhat of a conflict of interest.  has anyone parted with a post-ban lately, and if so, what did you get for it?

have:

bushy w/ fixed tele stock (i know, i know. )
a2 upper
14.5" bbl
mini-y brake
very good condition--approx 2000 rounds through.

want:

m4-type stock
16" a3 upper

what do you guys recommend--new upper/stock or all new rifle?

[ETA:  "get both" is not an option!]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It will be MUCH cheaper to 'fix' your existing rifle than to buy a whole new one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't get a new rifle, no point.

Edit: don't even get a new upper.  

Adco -> Cut and or Thread barrel: AR barrels w/ or w/out uppers   $65.00

RRA car stock kit $70 and car wrench -> $6

$161 for parts and some shipping costs.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
get a barrel and a stock sell the old crap on EE to a ban stater or a machinegunner who doesn't care you won't get much but it will ofset the cost some
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
errr...let me clarify--buying a new rifle would entail trading the old one.  i just don't know how much i'd get in trade.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
FAR cheaper to get a new barrel and telestock(don't forget a carbine buffer)
I'm sure you can figure out how to change it out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Un-ban it yourself, its easy. Send the bbl off to ADCO to get the profile/break you want, replace the upper and stock and sell off the old ones to make up for the $ spend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top