Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/31/2006 8:06:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 8:07:25 PM EST by sirensong]
while drooling over a few websites, i have decided that i am in the market to replace my ban-legal bushy with an evil-feature-laden implement of destruction. i considered upgrading my current rifle, but i suspect that this route would wind up costing the same, if not more, than purchasing a new one. alas, however, i am unaware of what kind of trade/resale value postys are getting nowadays.

i didn't want to post this in EE, as there would be somewhat of a conflict of interest. has anyone parted with a post-ban lately, and if so, what did you get for it?


bushy w/ fixed tele stock (i know, i know. )
a2 upper
14.5" bbl
mini-y brake
very good condition--approx 2000 rounds through.


m4-type stock
16" a3 upper

what do you guys recommend--new upper/stock or all new rifle?

[ETA: "get both" is not an option!]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:10:12 PM EST
It will be MUCH cheaper to 'fix' your existing rifle than to buy a whole new one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:10:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 8:17:50 PM EST by NimmerMehr]
Don't get a new rifle, no point.

Edit: don't even get a new upper.

Adco -> Cut and or Thread barrel: AR barrels w/ or w/out uppers $65.00

RRA car stock kit $70 and car wrench -> $6

$161 for parts and some shipping costs.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:11:40 PM EST
get a barrel and a stock sell the old crap on EE to a ban stater or a machinegunner who doesn't care you won't get much but it will ofset the cost some
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:12:23 PM EST
errr...let me clarify--buying a new rifle would entail trading the old one. i just don't know how much i'd get in trade.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:13:49 PM EST
FAR cheaper to get a new barrel and telestock(don't forget a carbine buffer)
I'm sure you can figure out how to change it out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:14:34 PM EST
Un-ban it yourself, its easy. Send the bbl off to ADCO to get the profile/break you want, replace the upper and stock and sell off the old ones to make up for the $ spend.
Top Top