Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 10:10:27 AM EDT
Movies where some sort of global war has wiped out most of civilization. Like The Road Warrior, The Day After, A Boy and His Dog, etc.

Can also be post-global natural disater like The Day After Tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The Postman (book is a bit better)
I'm thinking I've seen others but can't think of names right now
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:02:29 AM EDT
[#2]
It's probably a crappy movie now, but back in the day, "Damnation Alley" was a pretty good flick. Loved the APC.

Road Warrier and Mad Max are still classics.

There are a few others that escape me now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The Omega Man
The Last Man on Earth
(both based on the book I Am Legend)
The Day After

ETA: I saw Damnation Alley at the theatre when I was a little kid.  It was cool!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Omega Man
The Last Man on Earth
The Day After

ETA: I saw Damnation Alley at the theatre when I was a little kid.  It was cool!

Never saw that one, any good?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought "the Stand" , (it was a 5 part mini-series on tv)  was pretty good.. Probably can rent it now..

Haven't seen the day after in a while, I though when I saw it it was good but had a liberal slant for some reason?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Quiet Earth

Some plot lines sounds much like the earlier movie:

The World, the Flesh and the Devil
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I thought "the Stand" , (it was a 5 part mini-series on tv)  was pretty good.. Probably can rent it now..

Haven't seen the day after in a while, I though when I saw it it was good but had a liberal slant for some reason?

I forgot about "The Stand." I have it on DVD along with 4 other Steven King movies.

It was pretty cool. The start is okay. The whole movie is like a week long, but okay if you can get through the bad parts. "M-O-O-N spells hard to sit through all at once...."  Actually, running time is 366 minutes. Yes, that is 6 hours plus change. Long movie but you gotta love Laura San Giacomo and her friends, Pete and Repeat.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I just remembered another Post movie:

Night of the Comet

It even has zombies!

"Daddy would have given us Uzi's."
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Omega Man
The Last Man on Earth
The Day After

Never saw that one, any good?  

It’s black and white and it has (you won’t believe it) Vincent Price as the protagonist.

It’s got some hokie aspects because it’s from a few years back but it’s pretty cool.  It’s actually a lot closer to the book than The Omega Man.  Way closer.

It won’t tell you much about tricks or strategy for TEOTWAWKI but it is, like the book, about the despair and desolation of one remaining man when virtually everyone else has turned into an evil mutant bent on his destruction.

I’m glad it’s in my collection but I watch it less than, say. Dawn of the Dead 2004.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#12]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top