Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/28/2002 3:54:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/28/2002 3:55:01 PM EDT by schapman43]
How are house prices? What is crime like? How are apartment prices? Whats the gun community like down there? If I do move down there is someone going to be my friend[:)]? How hard is it to get your CCW?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 3:56:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By schapman43: How are house prices? What is crime like? How are apartment prices? Whats the gun community like down there? If I do move down there is someone going to be my friend[:)]? How hard is it to get your CCW?
View Quote
(1) High (2) Low (3) Not many too choose from (4) Heavy populated & armed (5) I will (6) Easy if you have a clean background and can hit where you're aiming.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:49:04 PM EDT
Any other comments on the area?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:01:53 PM EDT
(1) High (2) High (compared to Wyoming) (3) High (4) What Winston said (5) When in Tucson I will (6) Easy (7) Learn Spanish if you plan to stay (8) Why???
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:07:18 PM EDT
I may transfer with the company I work for.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:09:19 PM EDT
1) High, Gilbert is becoming the new "little Scottsdale" 2) Low, no higher than any other east valley city. 3)Apartments in Gilbert are available, usually a little higher than other east valley cities 4)Very friendly, very armed, and very many 5)I will be your friend. 6) Very easy, and very inexpensive
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:27:50 PM EDT
Glibert is a great "town". I grew up there. There really are no bad parts to Gilbert. There are no ghetto areas. As far as housing goes you have a lot of options. New houses in Gilbert are a bit more expensive than Mesa or Chandler. You could move to many different cities around here and be close to everything. They just built a 20+ stadium seating movie theater by the town hall. There are about 4 malls within 15 miles. Crime is very low. I have to friends that are LEO's in Gilbert and they are not busy at all. Gilbert is like a rural community that is turning into a suburb. Most people around are very friendly. If you want any more info on the Phx, east valley area, let me know. Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:49:54 AM EDT
Scahpman, I'm betting you work for Echostar. I was out in Cheyenne last summer doing a training class on one of the new Echostar birds, and ran in to an old army buddy who is working in earth station operations over there. Cheyenne is a windy bastard! I understand that the station in Gilbert is going to just keep growing. Too bad they aren't hiring any spacecraft ops folks out there(at least I haven't seen any jobs for that open up there). I would be very tempted to move there and get out of CA. Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 10:03:08 PM EDT
schapman43, the valley of the sun is nice - even at this time of year. The Arizona CCW is not difficult to get, see [URL=http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/Questions/ArizonaCCW.html]Arizone CCW Permit[/URL] and, once you arrive, visit us at [URL=http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com]Scottsdale Gun Club[/URL]. I think your other qustions have already been ansered in detail. Ciao,
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 10:10:13 PM EDT
Well make sure to go to the Arizona AR15.com shoot on October 19th. You can meet some of your new heavily armed neighbors. Welcome. Aladdin
Top Top