Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2008 5:12:22 PM EST
http://www.policelink.com/videos/3909-pilots-accidental-discharge

Hope this is not a dupe. Video of possible reason for the accidental discharge on a commercial jet plane a few weeks back...
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:19:13 PM EST
So he didn't see a snake on the plane?

CJ
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:44:36 PM EST
Care to describe for us lowly modem users?

I’ve heard the deck officer had, per regs, a padlock on his holster that went through the triggerguard of his loaded Glock. If so, I’d put most of the blame on TSA.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:00:42 AM EST
How about a lock box like that used in the movie Con-Air? Putting a pad-lock through a trigger guard and through a holster is STUPID! You are asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:06:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By 199:
Care to describe for us lowly modem users?

I’ve heard the deck officer had, per regs, a padlock on his holster that went through the trigger guard of his loaded Glock. If so, I’d put most of the blame on TSA. [://

Guy in video basically has a holstered gun with a pad lock through the trigger guard "behind" the trigger. Says the pilot removes the lock and puts his holster on his hip. Then he explains thumb break may come un-snapped (by the pilots elbow/seatbelt) and gun could come out of holster a bit. Then when the padlock is re-installed, the pad lock in installed in front of the trigger and when the pilot realizes the gun is not fully seated in the holster he pushes down on it causing the trigger to release due to the padlock now being in front of the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:01:26 AM EST
"Excuse me Mr. Terrorist while I remove the padlock from my holstered gun........Now what was that combination again...."

WTF?
Top Top