Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2001 3:47:48 PM EDT
Just curious... I have not heard a peep from this once vocal group of Mohammed's Children since the attack. Has anyone?

I wonder, when it comes down to the wire, where will they stand? Do they see themselves as Africans, Muslims or Americans? Which holds the stronger loyalty?
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Whichever one they can squeeze a few more dollars out of.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]
they could care less about the U.S. or Muslims.  

it has nothing to do with religion, it is all about hate, power, control and money.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
i watched via internet the official response of Rev.Farrahkahn (spelling?)and he said (paraphrased) He condemned the attacks on our country and basicaly supported the US in defensive actions against terrorism, and he also stated that although this country still has some racial problems, its still the greatest nation on earth. i was very suprised at his statements. now im not a nation of islam supporter, but i was happy to see that the nation of islam stands with the US.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard Faracone threaten aramagedon if the US attacked Afganistan. Cheak ou the final call website to see what he thinks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]
What the hell difference does it make what Farrakan says or does not say? He does not represent Blacks nor a vast majority of muslims.  The Nation of Islam is it's own little entity.  If it weren't, it wouldn't be called "Nation fo Islam".  Also, he hasn't got his cut of *faith-based funding* (something I personally oppose) yet so he'll stifle himself if he's smart.

Please, no need to search for things or people that will divide us.  We can get back to that old stale routine after the current situation is under control. Do not give such idiots the stage right.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#7]
EX, I found the speech you were speaking of...

[url]http://www.noi.org/press-events/transcript_us.attacked09-16-2001.htm[/url]

I see where you are coming from in your opinion but there was an undertone I really did not like. But, admittedly, I do not like Farrahkahn at all.

Anyway, I was curious and that clears it up a bit, possibly. I would still use caution in dealing with any "True Believer" at this time. That is only prudent in my opinion.

Nobby, you say "no need to search for things or people that will divide us." Is it not better to know where your enemy may be, both externally and internally? I do not mind if my neighbors have dogs but I'd be interested in knowing if they bite.

Also, checking your six should never be "that old stale routine."

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:42:56 AM EDT
[#8]
BTT in case anyone was interested in F's speech...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top