Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/8/2010 11:18:06 PM EDT
I'm writing an e-mail to the Itajuba factory at IMBEL requesting some information. Since I'm not sure if the recipient would be able to read English, I'd like to send my initial e-mail in Portuguese. I would also be open to suggestions regarding the content of the message. Since I speak fluent Spanish I will have a pretty good idea if someone is trying to jerk me around. I would like a serious response from someone fluent in Portuguese. Thanks. This is the message:

Title: Research: M964 Markings 1964-Present and African Contracts

To whom it may concern:

I am presently doing research regarding the FN FAL on the African continent. My interest is primarily as a collector and hobbyist regarding firearms and the shooting sports in the United States. Provided the information is allowed for release to the general public, I would like to know what contracts this factory filled for African countries as well as the serial number ranges for the M964 and related models. I am most interested in the contract for the Zambian Army (if any) and the serial number ranges for the weapons delivered to that country. I am also interested in the markings that the weapons in that contract would have had and the markings for any other countries on the continent from the beginning of production until the present. I would also like to know if there were any special features requested by any end users for such contracts and if there were any differences in receiver construction for those contracts, those to Zambia especially, compared to the receivers currently manufactured. While my request may not be of a commercial nature I would greatly appreciate any response and any information, documentation, or photos you can provide me regarding this matter. Thank you for your time.

Most Respectfully,

XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

P.S. My primary languages are English and Spanish. I have had this message translated by a Portuguese speaker. If replies or documents can be provided in English or Spanish this would be greatly appreciated, although I understand if documents or replies are in Portuguese.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:20:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:24:54 PM EDT
I don't use the translators because they always screw everything up. I tried to do a quick translation to Spanish because I was lazy and didn't want to type it all out myself and the results were not correct and I had to go and correct everything anyways. I don't actually speak Portuguese, only a closely related language, so a number of details might be off that I would not notice. I would basically notice of the gist of the translation was off due to the similarities between Portuguese and Spanish as well as any really huge errors otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:48:35 AM EDT
btt
Top Top