Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2002 1:15:54 AM EDT

What are some of the most popular TV shows that you've never EVER watched (not even 2 minutes)

Here's a few I'm proud to say I've NEVER EVER watched ANY part of (and a few I can't believe I've never seen):

* Dallas
* Cosby
* Family Ties
* Sex in the city
* Baywatch
* Starsky & Hutch
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:18:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Hm, well, too young for Dallas and S & H, caught most of Cosby, some of Family Ties, but the rest are after I stopped watching TV.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:31:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:39:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Never watched any of them!

[50]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:00:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I know for sure I never watched Melrose Place.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:15:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Sex and the City
ER
Sienfeld
Friends
That 70's Show
The Practice
NYPD Blue
Any Law & Order series

I hear about these shows at work or on the net, but I'm doing other things (and don't own a TV anyway).

However, I do sneak in as much Star Trek as possible (yes, even Voyager and Enterprise).
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:27:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Friends is the main one.  I know it's huge and very popular, but I have never watched it for more than 5 minutes.  Never found it funny, I cant tell the male actors apart.

ER

Will and Grace

Have watched 10 minutes of Home Improvement.  It sucked.

Malcolm in the Middle.

All the sitcoms I like are animated (Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park).
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#7]
All of the above + Who wants to be a millionaire, Any of the survivor/Big brother type shows, Any or all of the "nite time soaps", virtually any of the "PC" sit-coms, any or all of the inane mind numbing crap that passes for shows these days. Tend to stick to TDC, TLC, History, Comedy, Animal, Science, and sometimes the BBC channels. It's funny to see the faces of people who can't believe You never watch those shows. The morning radio guys talk enough about all of them, that I usually don't want to see/hear any of Them.

Tall Shadow  
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#8]
A lot.  Even more that I don't even realize is popular.  Like Tall Shadow said, I tend to primarily watch TLC, Discovery, History Channel, Weather Channel, and some ESPN.  I have never seen any of the Suvivor Series, Sex and The City, West Wing, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Malcolm in the Middle, and like I said probably alot of others.  Just seems like I have other things to do.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:30:36 AM EDT
[#9]
If you've never watched them, how can you say that you're "proud" that you never did?

BTW, "Starsky & Hutch" KICKED ASS!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:31:21 AM EDT
[#10]
What is this "TV" contraption you refer to????

I have a picture box in my house that shows me football games, but what is this "TV?"

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Uh, how you gonna know they're trash if you don't watch them first? [;)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:03:50 AM EDT
[#12]
There is just too much crap on TV . How can remember shoes you don't watch ? Why not a poll on what you DO watch ?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Impossible to list them all because I don't watch any of them.  I watch mostly documentaries - History, science, philosophy, etc.  Sometimes news or a major sporting event.  Occasionally a movie.

I have no tolerance for sitcoms, dramas, soaps, etc.

Once in a while I indulge in an oldie on TV Land.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I hear and see alot about...

King of the Hill
The Simpsons
South Park

But, I have yet to watch any part of any of these shows.  I guess I'll have to catch an episode or two to find out what I'm missing out on.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Dallas-cause I'm from Houston and we hate Dallas
Cosby - My last name is Cosby but that show was like drinking syrup (I watched about 30 seconds)
The Jeffersons
Mama's Family?
Different Strokes
The show with Michael J. Fox on it(Family Ties?)
Dynasty
Baywatch
Knight Rider
Homicide
all those Law and Order shows
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#17]
My cable box only tunes in:

Food Network
Animal Planet
Outdoor Network
Discovery
TLC
The History Channel
Tech TV
Fox News
HBO/Cinemax/TMC/Showtime/Encore
VH-1 Classic

Notice how many public broadcast networks are on the list. There's nothing on that is worthwhile.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
All of the above + Who wants to be a millionaire, Any of the survivor/Big brother type shows, Any or all of the "nite time soaps", virtually any of the "PC" sit-coms, any or all of the inane mind numbing crap that passes for shows these days. Tend to stick to TDC, TLC, History, Comedy, Animal, Science, and sometimes the BBC channels. It's funny to see the faces of people who can't believe You never watch those shows. The morning radio guys talk enough about all of them, that I usually don't want to see/hear any of Them.

Tall Shadow  
View Quote

What he said...

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I watch absolutely NO programming on "The WB" or "UPN" or whatever that POS network is.

When Im lucky enough to remember, I skip right past it.

The worst show I caught a glimpse of was some STUPID boxing show (Thunder Box ?)...It was nothing more than gangsta-type pieces of sh*t screwing fairly attractive white sluts and very little boxing.

It's a total disgrace to humanity.

It's a total assault on my intelligence.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#20]
(and don't own a TV anyway)
View Quote

Kaiser, you are my hero!  I also do not have a TV.  

TV is complete and total waste of time.  Admittedly I used to watch TV.  I kicked the habit about three years ago.  Ever notice all the subliminal parts to a broadcast?  TV shoes have "audience" reaction sounds.  This off screen audience queues the TV watcher when to laugh, when to feel sad, when to be shocked.  Its creepy!  Sorry folks, I don't need to be queued to feel emotions.  The "news" broadcasts, IMO, are pure propaganda.  Finally, TV promotes hyper consumerism, my next greatest pet peve!  TV advertising is pure psychological warfare on the consumer.  Try to watch an add objectively and see what the real message is.  Usually it is: "your a looser unless you have this product", "life is hard without this product, look how this product will make life easier", and finally "you (male viewer) will get hot chicks if you use this product".  Its repulsive and insulting.  

TV requires no mental interaction. When you watch TV you brain goes into a coma like state.  Don't think so?  Look at any child watching TV and tell me that's not a comatose look on their faces.  

I know, I know, you all love the History Channel.  If you want to learn the history of the gun READ about it, don't watch it!

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Survivor

Boston Public

Big Brother

Will & Grace
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I watch Cops, Americas Most Wanted (to see if any of my relatives are featured) and news. I won't pay for over priced cable.

Edited to add:
Oh yeah, if I am around when Texas Justice comes on, I will watch it for a while. However, I spend most of my free time preparing my Evil AR's next meal.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
...And I work at the worlds largest television network ... AFRTS!
View Quote

Hey Senior Chief, when I was last in Iwakuni, we referred to AFRTS(Far East Network)as the "A-FARTS (Forced Entertainment Network)" [:P]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#25]
6 years TV free. I did watch history channel nonstop for a few months when I lived with my folks between moving from FL and buying my house.

The longer I go without a TV, the stupider it all gets when I do see it. Besides, any time I get $200-300 of fun money... now honestly. Tell me you wouldn't rather have an AK than a TV? How about a lathe, or a router, or...
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#26]
West Wing? LEFT WING.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#27]
MASH 4077!

Its on 24/7 but i refuse to watch it. Now its mostly because I dont want ot break my streak
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, since I haven't had cable, or even broadcast, TV for 7 or 8 years, my answer would be all of them in that time. Except the following; [list][*]2 or 3 episodes of the Simpsons[/*][*]One episode of Married with Children - twice [>:/] I caught the same program's rerun [:(][/*] and [*]One episode of Home Improvement[/*][/list]

Never watched Dallas or any show like that. Though I watched A Call to Glory religously. But I guess it wasn't a popular show. [:(]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I've never wacthed more than 5 mins of nine of the 10 most popular shows currently on television.

I usually watch something i can learn from.

discovery,A&E, history and a lot of home fixit shows.

I have always wondered who are the ones that watch the shows like Friends,ER and supposedly the most popular shows because it sure ain't me.

AH how much we on AR15 are alike

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
West Wing? LEFT WING.
View Quote

Oh yeah. I never saw a single bit of that show either.

Alan "Crackhead" Sorkin and Martin Sheen pretending to be President. [puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top