Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 11:45:10 AM EDT
These ads have made my Roadrunner service worthless.  They have taken over my homepage... ads cannot be deleted without a reboot....computer slowed down to a crawl..
All trying to sell me software to solve a problem THEY created.
Blackmail, plain and simple in my book.  I'll take this machine out to the range before I pay them a cent.
How in the heck do I take my machine back????
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Spybot Search & Destroy
Adaware
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
FDISK

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#4]
You can also go to google.com and go to their tools page and download and install their pop-up blocker. The thing works great.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Download Spybot. Install then update, then scan.

Get it here:

[url]http://www.safer-networking.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
These ads have made my Roadrunner service worthless. They have taken over my homepage... ads cannot be deleted without a reboot....computer slowed down to a crawl..
Blackmail, plain and simple in my book. I'll take this machine out to the range before I pay them a cent. How in the heck do I take my machine back???
View Quote

Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware will take care of the spy ware and they are free.

As for the popups try Mozilla as your browser it takes care of popups is free and the tab browsing is a nice feature.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
These ads have made my Roadrunner service worthless. They have taken over my homepage... ads cannot be deleted without a reboot....computer slowed down to a crawl..
Blackmail, plain and simple in my book. I'll take this machine out to the range before I pay them a cent. How in the heck do I take my machine back???
View Quote

Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware will take care of the spy ware and they are free.

As for the popups try Mozilla as your browser it takes care of popups is free and the tab browsing is a nice feature.
View Quote

I have heard people say switch to mozilla time and time again, well today I did it ----

this is nice, thanks for the prod.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#8]
After all the above does not work for you goto these guys, they are a group who hates spyware as much as we love guns.

[url]http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/#removal[/url]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
After all the above does not work for you goto these guys, they are a group who hates spyware as much as we love guns.

[url]http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/#removal[/url]
View Quote

[shock]  I hadn't realized that these lowlife search page hijackers had gotten this far with their crap.  I've never had such severe problems, although I guess that some, ahem... "questionable" websites may be more prone to doing so.  There ought to be a special suspension of civil rights for the people that wrote that stuff.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Be extremly carefull when downloading the crap from them or the links they provide, a lot of it has bugs, some of it is good.

Do not go to openware --- it is total crap.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#11]
They got me yesterday, the bastards.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:19:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can also go to google.com and go to their tools page and download and install their pop-up blocker. The thing works great.
View Quote

Uhh, the main problem I am having with popups is from google.com.  The bastards started using them a few weeks ago.
View Quote

You mean that you get pop-up ads when visiting google?  I use google more than I use air, and I've never gotten a pop-up from them.  Google is very anti-popup, and they always make a point to be subtle and non-irritating with their advertising.  Odds are that you have something else running that's taking it upon itself to throw popups at you when you visit google.  Run ad-aware and spybot, and that will probably take care of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top