Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2002 5:01:48 PM EDT
whats the difference between the two?

Cuetec, any opinon on their graphite line of cues?
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#1]
To be honest I've never seen or heard of a titanium cue stick but I;ve used many different kinds of graphite cues.

My experience has been mixed. I've used some that were rigid as hell and some that felt as though they could break with one good strike.

Also I'm used to playing with wood cues that have a pressed linen wrap which to me has a better feel than what cuetec offers.

My opinion for the money that you'll spend stick with wood or whatever feels better for you.

Alex
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
hustler makes a titanium stick. i havent seen many. hustlers Minnisota FATS are the only ones i have seen like that. so must be a relativly new stick. funny thing is its $5 cheaper than the Graphites. perhapes its a titainum core vs maple cores of the graphite sticks. because it felt the same of a graphite.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I just recently started playing again; I can only juggle so many hobbies at one time.

I opted for the cuetec carbon fiber model.  I have found that they have good power, but lack the feel and touch of the fine wood cues.  I chose this cue as the best one for the money until I decide if I'm going to start playing seriously again.  There's no need to buy another Meucci, if all it's going to do is sit in the closet.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#4]
you could always try shooting pool with your AR. anyone play Duke3d? rember the pool table in the first level? you could play by shooting the balls. although 2-3 pistol shots would shatter the ball.
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#5]
"Also I'm used to playing with wood cues that have a pressed linen wrap which to me has a better feel than what cuetec offers."

Ditto...

I used to play a lot but had to give it up for a while. I'm hoping to get back into it again soon. I love wooden cues! The modern stuff just doesn't do it for me....

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top