Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 4/26/2013 6:49:49 AM EDT
Set up the pool for summer.  Having one issue.

The pool water level is falling below the skimmer.  I am guessing a hole in the liner. I hope not, sounds like a pain in the ass.

BUT,

I also noticed the return line from the pump and filter back to the pool leaked a little bit.  

When the pump is off,  could the water be backing up the return pipe and leaking out?  

It would have to lift about 4 feet from the inlet opening to the area of the leak.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:57:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By vatopa:
Set up the pool for summer.  Having one issue.

The pool water level is falling below the skimmer.  I am guessing a hole in the liner. I hope not, sounds like a pain in the ass.

BUT,

I also noticed the return line from the pump and filter back to the pool leaked a little bit.  

When the pump is off,  could the water be backing up the return pipe and leaking out?  

It would have to lift about 4 feet from the inlet opening to the area of the leak.

if you get in, walk around and the ground is soft then yes you have a hole in the liner.

The water cant back up going up hill, but it could leak while the pump is running  
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:17:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/26/2013 7:19:04 AM EDT by vatopa]
Yes it did leak while the pump is running, but the pump could not suck the water below the skimer.  

Hence, I think I have a leak.

Guess it is time to go swimming......  Water is 62 degrees.

This is an inground pool, so the soft under may not apply.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:19:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/26/2013 7:20:08 AM EDT by KennyW1983]
Bulldoze the pool they arent worth the trouble. When my pool has a ripped liner or a pump dies or whatever, thats it, its gone.

ETA: above ground, an in ground would be harder to remove.
Top Top