Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 11:34:44 AM EDT

October 2000 death of a 6-week-old baby, which was killed by her family's Pomeranian dog. The average weight of a Pomeranian is about 4 pounds, and they are not thought of as a dangerous breed. Note, however, that they were bred to be watchdogs! The baby's uncle left the infant and the dog on a bed while the uncle prepared her bottle in the kitchen. Upon his return, the dog was mauling the baby, who died shortly afterwards.

So can we all STFU about the dog bites. Any dog can attack and kill period, and the most likely dogs to attack are.

pit bulls, Rottweilers, German shepherds, huskies, Alaskan malamutes, Doberman pinschers, chows, Great Danes, St. Bernards and Akitas

Edit:: And the most common biter are pitbull Mixes, not pure pitbulls. So basically worthless dogs.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#1]
+1

Show a pitbull the proper love and they will be just fine.

Abandon or abuse a poodle and they will turn psychotic.

Period.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Aaaaah got anything a little more current...?

" Don't make me bite yo ass...! "

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Cocker spanials are the dogs that are the most likely to bite of all dogs.

As far as aggresiveness goes pits rots and the like are higher up oin the list. But more people are bitten by cocker spanials each year than any other dog.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Was it this guy?

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

As far as aggresiveness goes pits rots and the like are higher up oin the list. But more people are bitten by cocker spanials each year than any other dog.

Really?  I've never known this.  Aunt of mine has always had atleast 2 cocker spaniels and we spent a lot of time at her house and I was never bitten.  Though, I think she normally got hers from rescue societies so she was able to pick the dog by temperment and not get the luck of the draw.

OT: Everytime I see some woman walking a Pomeranian I want to open fire.  Everytime I see her BF or husband walking one I wonder where she keeps his testicles.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#6]
This cop needs to be fired.
The dog bit him and he didn't call for back-up or kill the dog?

Officer investigating dog bite gets bit, too
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2004/09/03/local/doc413948c7aa3cb416769756.txt

Lincoln Journal Star  
Some cases are easier to solve than others.

Lancaster County Sheriff's Deputy Rhonda Wicht — on the job just a month — got an easy one Thursday.

Wicht went to a home near Walton to investigate the report of a dog bite, and the evidence came up and bit her on an ankle.

A delivery man reported he had gone to a home near Walton to deliver furniture when a Jack Russell terrier ran around the side of the house and bit him on the lower left leg as he tried to get into his pickup.

Wicht, along with her field training officer, were at the home later that afternoon, talking to with the owner of 10-year-old Riley when he ran through his owner's legs and bit the deputy.

Case closed.

Sheriff Terry Wagner said his office would send Riley's owners notice that the dog has been found to be potentially dangerous.

That means if he bites somebody else, he could be declared a dangerous dog, a title that brings with it various requirements for housing the dog and the potential of more dire consequences if he bites somebody else.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#7]
This sure does bring back memories when I was about six and my ma had one of those little hell spawns. Dust bunny with teeth.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This sure does bring back memories when I was about six and my ma had one of those little hell spawns. Dust bunny with teeth.

Poodle? I got bit nice by one of those spoiled bastards.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Poodle? I got bit nice by one of those spoiled bastards.

Nope, Tea cup Pom. My ma used to carry it around in her purse and you would never know it was in there until you stuck your hand in and pulled out a bloody nub.

I've owned Dobies, Shepards, pitts and akitas and have never run into a meaner dog than that little rat bastard.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Chihuahua… the Dog of Death…

BTW… agree on Spaniels being snappy, my  next door neighbors is a little f**ker

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Reminds me of that Farside cartoon.

Mailman walks in covered in weenie dogs, says "Edna, give me hand. I got into a nest of weiner dogs over on Main Street."
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Oddly enough domestic cats kill a few babies each year too.

That's normally through smothering though right?

I hear most doctors recommend not having a cat in the home with a newborn.  Something about worms and other diseases cats carry.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

"No, no Poppy!"

That was a great movie!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Had cockers growing up.
Very nippy.  Mostly due to the fact that are fanatically protective.  Come near a sleeping person with a cocker near by and you are begging to be bit.  My parents couldn't come in my room if I was sleeping.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oddly enough domestic cats kill a few babies each year too.

I hear most doctors recommend not having a cat in the home with a newborn.  Something about worms and other diseases cats carry.

Yep… a tiny parasite named Toxoplasma gondii that can be found almost everywhere.

"If a woman gets infected with toxoplasmosis while expecting she may not even realize she has it. But her unborn baby could get this infection and have serious problems such as mental retardation, learning disabilities, and blindness (not always appearing at birth). Toxoplasmosis can also cause stillbirth or pre-term birth.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I would not leave my kid alone with a retarted person and dogs have a lot less intelligence than even the most stupid humans. They are too unpredictable
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Dogs are animals.  Just like we are.  Like us dogs are influenced by environment, genetics, and upbringing/training.

Any dog can flip out (just like people) whether it's because of training, upbringing, abuse, genetics, environment, etc...

It's not that hard to figure out.  We're all animals.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Dogs are animals.  Just like we are.  Like us dogs are influenced by environment, genetics, and upbringing/training.

Any dog can flip out (just like people) whether it's because of training, upbringing, abuse, genetics, environment, etc...

It's not that hard to figure out.  We're all animals.

Is that with or without the wailing guitars????
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Ban them now!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Our Cocker Spaniel (deceased of old age) was HELL on my daughters ankles/back of legs.

Especially when Amanda (daughter) would run from the dog.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The non-stop barking alone of those dogs probably kills a few each year as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Our vicious guard dog, Killer.
http://img6.imgspot.com/?u=04/261/00/Killer3.jpg

http://img7.imgspot.com/?u=04/261/01/KillertheDuke.jpg

I need to figure out how to put the pictures into the post..
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
img6.imgspot.com/?u=04/261/00/Killer3.jpg

img7.imgspot.com/?u=04/261/01/KillertheDuke.jpg

Danny
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks Danny.

I've never really had reason to learn picture posting, but I'm going to try to figure this out.
I'd like to figure out how to put picture in a post, so I'm going to look into the how's.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
http://img6.imgspot.com/?u=04/261/00/Killer3.jpg

http://img7.imgspot.com/?u=04/261/01/KillertheDuke.jpg

Your cheesy photo host does not support image hotlinking.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#28]
My dad said his old man had a cocker spaniel when my dad was little and it was a mean SOB.

Biting and scratching.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Post the 'img' code!

There! Hosted them for you……
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#30]
THANKS.

I'll check into a real hosting service.  This one is something somebody on-line suggested.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
THANKS.

I'll check into a real hosting service.  This one is something somebody on-line suggested.

Get an account at www.photobucket.com

Free with a big bandwidth limit, pay $5-10 and your home free!!

Andy
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
THANKS.

Become a team member- 50 megs of photo hosting goodness!

store.ar15.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1&cat=Memberships
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#33]
" Heeeerrree puppy puppy puppy...."

"Come here boy....."

"Pull"

BANG!!!!

Bad puppy go bye bye.

I love my dogs more than I care for most people, but sometimes a bad animal must go.

Kurt "That sh*t ain't right" Austin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top