Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 2:11:55 PM EDT
Do you like cleaning your guns?

I do, I like seeing and understanding how my weapon works.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTP

ETA....and IBTRH
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#2]
india bravo tango papa
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTP

ETA
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
slowest poll evarrr
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
2nd slowest poll evarrr

Unless he starts another thread like "The poll to end all polls"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish that I liked cleaning my house as much as my guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I like cleaning a new gun the first time I do it, but after that it's just a chore.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I love cleaning the guns after a long range day. The smell of Hoppes #9 is enough to give me a chubby.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]
people clean guns? why?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Funny thing. I was just cleaning my guns (AR and M1A) after this mornings range session and was contemplating starting a post of how I hate cleaning guns. So no, I do not enjoy it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#11]
My AR has a stainless barrel, my 10/22 is all stainless with a synthetic stock. My next handgun will be a Glock. No, I don't like to clean guns. Blueing sucks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I just broke in my Wilson Combat CQB.  I took it apart and cleaned it.  It was really nice to see how much work actually went into making that pistol perfect.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I clean my guns immediately after getting home, and I've done that for 35 years...can't imagine not cleaning them and I don't mind it at all.

HH
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#14]
yes, i like tedious tasks.
it allows my mind to focus.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Cleaning AR's sucks.
Cleaning Glocks, EZ
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I hate knowing that I have to do it, and usually try to put it off for a while.  But once I take the time to get started, I take my time and almost enjoy it.  Voted indifferent.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, i find it enjoyable.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#18]
All avid shooters should regularly tear down their guns to clean and inspect them for damage and wear. Every pin, screw, and spring on the table.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I enjoy taking my AK clone apart. Haven't cleaned it yet, but I've field-stripped it half a dozen times just to see how it works. I love how elegantly simple it is; Kalashnikov was indeed a genius.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I enjoy it. Not as much as getting them dirty though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't hate it, but I don't enjoy it either. It simply has to be done. You want a reliable rifle, it has to be kept clean...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Sometimes it is an enjoyable and relaxing chore.  But it still is a chore to me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't like cleaning guns.

I have been known to do it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Yup ... its theraputic.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:16:14 AM EDT
[#27]
it's "couldn't"
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
it's "couldn't"

WOW.  It took 26 replies before one of you Spelling Nazis to get me.  You guys are getting SOFT!  COME ON!!! be more AGRESSIVE!!!!  YOUR, spelling corrections will, CHANGE!! THE!! EARTH!!!  You are the country's BEST, ONLY, and LAST HOPE!!!!  You must purify the minds of today with ridge WRITING DICIPLINE!!!!  Do NOT, be a SLACKASS!!!!  You have let down this WHOLE, WORLD, once to many times.  DO NOT LET ARFCOM DOWN EVER AGAIN!!!!  This is you LAST CHANCE, DO NOT FAIL AGAIN!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
[
WOW.  It took 26 replies before one of you Spelling Nazis to get me.  You guys are getting SOFT!  COME ON!!! be more AGRESSIVE!!!!  YOUR, spelling corrections will, CHANGE!! THE!! EARTH!!!  You are the country's BEST, ONLY, and LAST HOPE!!!!  You must purify the minds of today with ridge WRITING DICIPLINE!!!!  Do NOT, be a SLACKASS!!!!  You have let down this WHOLE, WORLD,once to many times.  DO NOT LET ARFCOM DOWN EVER AGAIN!!!!  This is you LAST CHANCE, DO NOT FAIL AGAIN!!!!!!!

That would be "once too many times".  And wtf is "ridge WRITING DICIPLINE"?  you mean "rigid"?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it's "couldn't"

WOW.  It took 26 replies before one of you Spelling Nazis to get me.  You guys are getting SOFT!  COME ON!!! be more AGRESSIVE!!!!  YOUR, spelling corrections will, CHANGE!! THE!! EARTH!!!  You are the country's BEST, ONLY, and LAST HOPE!!!!  You must purify the minds of today with ridge WRITING DICIPLINE!!!!  Do NOT, be a SLACKASS!!!!  You have let down this WHOLE, WORLD, once to many times.  DO NOT LET ARFCOM DOWN EVER AGAIN!!!!  This is you LAST CHANCE, DO NOT FAIL AGAIN!!!!!!!

I voted "No (I do it because I have too)", even though it should be "No (I do it because I have too) to."
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
it's "couldn't"

I voted "No (I do it because I have too)", even though it should be "No (I do it because I have too) to."

Impressive, Most Impressive.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it's "couldn't"

Do you know what would change the Earth every bit as much as correct spelling/gramar?

A long, stark raving mad rant about it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#33]
I wasn't so much being a spelling nazi as usage nazi or something.  I suck  at spelling.  And grammar.  And not so much a nazi, because I don't think I have ever done it before.  A mini-usage nazi?  Heck, I don't know...you seem wound a little tight, eh?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Indifferent. I'd rather be getting them dirty or just snapping caps with a clean one.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:34:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I enjoy it ... when I get around to it .
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it's "couldn't"

WTF! Somebody forgot to take his meds!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:37:29 AM EDT
[#37]
I get great satisfaction knowing that my firearm is undamaged and serviceable.
The only way to proactively know that is to break them down, clean, and inspect them.

Otherwise, it's not that much fun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#38]
The smell of gun oil and solvent is almost as good as the smell of napalm in the morning!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#39]
no need .....I have an AK
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:58:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Cleaning your weapon is more than just cleaning, it's inspecting for worn and damaged parts, function testing it AND understanding how it works and how to disassemble/reassemble in a hurry, in the dark, if need calls for it.  Anyone who doesn't clean, inspect and test on a regular basis is in for a nasty surprise some day.  And this applies to AK's and Glocks as well.  Just because it's simple and works ok when dirty or neglected doesn't mean it should be dirty and neglected.  And training involves more than just how to shoot it, it also involves knowing how to maintain and repair.  There's not always going to be an armorer or a skilled friend around to hand your weapon to when it doesn't work anymore.  

Some of you should read that piece on why Arab armies are so bad then rethink your attitude towards maintainence.  Specially you "I own an AK and it doens't need to be cleaned" types.  Arab armies use AK's and the only army they've beat in modern times have been the French.  Think about it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#41]
I enjoy it ... when I get around to it .
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:21:32 AM EDT
[#42]
After a boating accident, I don't have any guns to clean.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#43]
i bought an AR so I wouldn't have to clean it (very often).
I'm nearing 5K rounds since the last cleaning.
CLP is my cologne.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top