Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2004 12:40:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 12:41:54 PM EST by blackrifle51]
Despite the many Political rights we enjoy, are we losing our personal freedoms?
This may sound trivial but I think seatbelt laws interfere with my freedom. Yes I will continue to use seatbelts, but I don't want the gov'ment fining me $1,000 bucks if I choose not to. In a near by city, it's against the law to park on your own lawn.

what business is it of the gov's if I pay for sex?
suppose I want to drink strong german beer? not allowed!
smoke a cuban cigar? Nope, go directly to jail.(even Captain Kirk enjoyed the occasional Romulan ale)

do you think our personal freedoms are being taken away?(of all the states, Texas should be the freest!)

...discuss
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:42:05 PM EST
Where do posts like this come from?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:22:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By blackrifle51:
Despite the many Political rights we enjoy, are we losing our personal freedoms?
This may sound trivial but I think seatbelt laws interfere with my freedom. Yes I will continue to use seatbelts, but I don't want the gov'ment fining me $1,000 bucks if I choose not to. In a near by city, it's against the law to park on your own lawn.

what business is it of the gov's if I pay for sex?
suppose I want to drink strong german beer? not allowed!
smoke a cuban cigar? Nope, go directly to jail.(even Captain Kirk enjoyed the occasional Romulan ale)

do you think our personal freedoms are being taken away?(of all the states, Texas should be the freest!)

...discuss

Libertarianism, my friend, Libertarianism. All I am saying, is give it a chance!
Top Top