Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2002 6:42:59 PM EDT
I got this in an email from John Birch, of Concealed Carry Inc. [url]www.concealcarry.org[/url].  I hope it provides you at least a small amount of entertainment.  [:)]

[url]http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/questionnaire.pl?page=1[/url]

EDITED for typo/grammar.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
3.62 as a political conservative and -1.44 as a Libertarian.
I had hoped to test higher as a libertarian.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.38

Although in fairness, since I don't know how the score is calculated, the test is kind of meaningless.  Unless I know the psychometrics of the scale and the construct validity and convergent and divergent validity, it may not be a valid measure of the dimensions.  [;)]  Have I convinced anyone yet - or should I just go shoot myself in shame?
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I took that test once, I got near max in terms of right, and near max in terms of authoritarian...

Ostensibly I dont give it much credence.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#5]
That test is freaking WRONG, man!

I scored a -2.00 (toward the left) and a -0.82 (toward the libertarian).

I'm amazed at how close to the center that is.

The damned thing's busted!

I guess my attempt to accentuate the results by choosing ONLY the 'strongly agree' and 'strongly disagree' boxes screwed up the test's logic, or something.

That, or my political and social beliefs are so screwed up that I don't know WHAT I believe, and that's just not so.

My total philosophy is the YOYO philosophy:

In a perfect world, You're On Your Own. YOYO.

CJ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top