Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 4:01:49 PM EDT
soupersalad's thread here got me to thinking:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=290053

why does this story not have a prominent place on this site?  it occurs to me that we would all benefit greatly if ARFCOM were to include a political resource section.  something easy to admin--just links perhaps--most importantly to the federalist/constitutional chain of the 2nd on the NRA page, but also to current political issues.  

it'd be vital that the sources be as objective as possible.  drudge, for example, would not have the same influence as a CNN story, but CNN's slant means that any concessions by them could not easily be dismissed by the left.  the florida recount is a perfect example.  others include the NJ sherrif's 'runaway tiger' quote regarding the liklihood of AWs being used against LEOs, and the NYTs quotation of clinton's policy to pursue a regime change in baghdad.  

even just one sticky at the top of GD would do, provided that there was some order kept.  perhaps one thread to request info and another to provide specific citations.

though we are first and foremost a gun board, there is no doubt that GD has become a predominantly political animal.  if we were to centralize our resources for political discussion--a common bibliography, so to speak--i believe that we could better present our political perspective to new members, and also to those political allies and opponents we face elsewhere.

i know that we are all busy, but everyone's sitting on a reference or two that would help everyone in our discussions away from this site.  what do you guys think?  is this something you could use, and if so, what kinds of things would you like to see?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
bumping this once--no one is interested?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top