Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2002 8:06:33 PM EDT

I am watching a show about officers pulling individuals over and being shot at.  Its all live footage.  I am sure yall have seen these type shows befor.

These shows scare the shit out of me everytime i watch them.  They are VERY SCARY!!  

Officers are very brave people.

Police officers on this board.......

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
SAME HERE!! If you are in Law Enforcement or you are going into it, then do it smart and do it safe. Use your head. If you use your head, you'll stay alive. Don't get a big head about being a cop or the public sees you as a punk, not a protector. Play fair and live right.
Be Safe.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
A wise old man once told me...

"Old cops, bold cops, but no old bold cops."

He should know.

Max E. Darling, CHP (ret), LPD (ret).  Did 25 years with CHP and 22 more with Lafayette, IN PD.  Damn fine cop.

FFZ
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
No kidding, I don't get paid enough to be "bold"!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#4]
For alot of cops it has nothing to do with bravery or even helping people.

Alot of cops are just adrenaline junkies who also have a very inquisitive nature. That is the kind of cop I like to have as a partner, because they come to work every day happy and ready to work and they work longer and harder than the crusaders.

I dont want a partner that worries about being shot at. I want partners that can laugh about being shot at over beers after work.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:00:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup!...I saw the show.

I have friends in the force and let me tell you this...I don't have enough admirations and appreciations for them officers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:29:59 AM EDT
[#8]
This happened over the weekend here...State Police attempting to do a traffic stop (stolen vehicle), BG leaves freeway starts E&Ein' through 'built up area, gets on cell phone, calls 'buddies' and when he does pull over, officer's car is must with gunfire from 2 different directions, bad guys getys away, officer returned fire and was not injured...
Sure puts a new 'twist' on our patrol procedures around here....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top