Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 5:46:37 AM EDT
Police Dog To The Rescue After California Deputy's Car Rammed

CONTRA COSTA TIMES via Knight Ridder

Authorities say a 15-year-old driver twice rammed a Contra Costa sheriff's patrol car during a chase Wednesday night before bailing out of his vehicle and getting bitten by a police dog.

The deputy was not injured. The suspect was treated and released at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek for minor injuries before authorities booked him into Juvenile Hall in Martinez.

A deputy patrolling in North Richmond spotted a 2005 Buick heading west on Sanford Avenue at 5:28 p.m. and, after checking its license plate, found that it had been reported stolen in Berkeley, Sheriff's Lt. Charles Skuce said.

The driver would not yield and the deputy chased him about half a mile to the 1200 block of Sanford, where the road ends.

"The driver then put the car in reverse and rams the deputy's car. He did this twice," Skuce said.

The strategy failed. The deputy called for help and the suspect jumped out of the Buick and ran away.

Minutes later a police dog found the suspect, whom deputies did not identify, and when he tried to evade the police dog it bit him, Skuce said.

Deputies arrested the teen on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, evading arrest, auto theft and possessing stolen property. He also had a no-bail warrant from Alameda County on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, auto theft and possessing stolen property.

-- Karl Fischer

Im my agency a K9 cannot be used in a case involving juvenile suspects under any circumstances.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:50:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Stupid dog didn't even ask for ID to check the age of the criminal brfore he bit him.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:54:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
[
Im my agency a K9 cannot be used in a case involving juvenile suspects under any circumstances.

SO there you are, having the living shit whaled out of you by a monster 17 YO Golden Gloves champ, your duty piece has been ripped off of you, your baton snapped cleanly in two, your mace ain't doing shit but making him madder and your Buck knife is gone. You are slowly starting to black out, you know you're going under, but like a good police officer, you order the K9 to "Stay."
Yeah, right. If you do that, you may get a Policeman's medal for obeying the rules, but IMHO, you ought to wind up in the Screw Factory for rethreading. Straight to the Booby Hatch.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:57:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I would how those K9 officers can resist turning around and shooting their dogs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:02:37 AM EDT
[#4]
sounds like a GOOD BITE.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

SO there you are, having the living shit whaled out of you by a monster 17 YO Golden Gloves champ, your duty piece has been ripped off of you, your baton snapped cleanly in two, your mace ain't doing shit but making him madder and your Buck knife is gone. You are slowly starting to black out, you know you're going under, but like a good police officer, you order the K9 to "Stay."

In my agency, yes.  In fact we use a simular question on our selection board for K-9 officer. But it's not a matter of ordering the dog to stay.  you never let him out of the car if its a juvenile suspect.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:12:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

In my agency, yes.  In fact we use a simular question on our selection board for K-9 officer. But it's not a matter of ordering the dog to stay.  you never let him out of the car if its a juvenile suspect.

Right now. This very instant. As we speak, call the men in the white coats to cart your CLEO off to the Funny Farm. This is proof positive he's Stark Staring Bonkers!

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would how those K9 officers can resist turning around and shooting their dogs.

http://www.toefl.org
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:14:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.toefl.org

LOL, I was looking for a copy of the idiot's guide to the English language.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:20:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
sounds like a GOOD BITE.  

Yep.  Justifiable chomping.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#10]
When that poor lad used that car as a weapon all bets were off.  He's lucky all he got was bitten by a highly trained police dog.  AFWIW He had the chance not to steal a car.  He had the chance to pull over.  He had the chance not to ram the officers car TWICE.  And he had the chance not to run.

I think when the tree huggin media puts their twist on this, the officer and his dog will be made out to be uncontrolled loose cannons.  And poor Tyrone needs 25 Million to ovrecome the pain he was made to endure while being mistaken for a chew toy.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Police Dog To The Rescue After California Deputy's Car Rammed

Authorities say a 15-year-old driver twice rammed a Contra Costa sheriff's patrol car during a chase Wednesday night before bailing out of his vehicle and getting bitten by a police dog.

The deputy was not injured. The suspect was treated and released at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek for minor injuries before authorities booked him into Juvenile Hall in Martinez.

A deputy patrolling in North Richmond spotted a 2005 Buick heading west on Sanford Avenue at 5:28 p.m. and, after checking its license plate, found that it had been reported stolen in Berkeley, Sheriff's Lt. Charles Skuce said.

The driver would not yield and the deputy chased him about half a mile to the 1200 block of Sanford, where the road ends.

"The driver then put the car in reverse and rams the deputy's car. He did this twice," Skuce said.

The strategy failed. The deputy called for help and the suspect jumped out of the Buick and ran away.

Minutes later a police dog found the suspect, whom deputies did not identify, and when he tried to evade the police dog it bit him, Skuce said.

Deputies arrested the teen on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, evading arrest, auto theft and possessing stolen property. He also had a no-bail warrant from Alameda County on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, auto theft and possessing stolen property.

-- Karl Fischer

Do you use telepathic powers to know the persons age?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#12]
McGruff wasn't kidding, I guess.

Good chomping.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#13]
So many funny posts I cant quote them all.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#14]
C.Y.A here you come.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
McGruff wasn't kidding, I guess.

Good chomping.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Do you use telepathic powers to know the persons age?

No, but the police administrators sure expect you to.....

After it was over the dog probably licked his rear end just to get the taste out of his mouth....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Am I the only person that always thinks of KITT and turbo boost every time I see that?

BOT, Sounds like the kid had it coming. I wonder why perps are always so scared of a dog though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#18]

They should be happy he only bit the kid.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:04:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Cause the perp knows what the dog is gonna do and yelling " I'll sue your ass "  or  
" I'll get your job for this "  just don't make a fuck to the dog.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top