Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/26/2005 2:40:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 2:44:00 PM EDT by 22bad]
It is a shame that guy is alone in his efforts............

Police chief says he isn't done fighting illegal immigration
Associated Press
September 26, 2005
www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2005/09/26/police_chief_says_he_isnt_done_fighting_illegal_immigration/
CONCORD, N.H. --The police chief who made national news by charging an illegal immigrant with trespassing says he isn't done yet, despite a judge's ruling that his methods were unconstitutional.

New Ipswich Chief Garrett Chamberlain, who spoke at a celebration for the signing of the Constitution on Sunday, said he is investigating other methods to discourage illegal immigrants.

He said he is paying special attention to a law that fines businesses $1,000 for every day they employee such people. He said he also will ask the attorney general to set up a task force on the issue.

Last month, a judge dismissed trespassing charges against several illegal immigrants, disagreeing with Chamberlain and Hudson Chief Richard Gendron who used the law because they were frustrated by lax federal enforcement.

Chamberlain had started the tactic in April when Jorge Mora Ramirez's car broke down along a road. An officer found Ramirez with fake identification and a Mexican driver's license, police said.

Chamberlain has said this is a matter of national security.

Chamberlain was among the featured speakers for the New Hampshire Center for Constitutional Studies' annual celebration of the signing of the Constitution, along with Jim Gilchrist, the founder of the minuteman Project, and Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., who has come under fire recently from some Hispanic groups for his calls for tougher immigration enforcement and a proposal to tax some of the money immigrants send outside U.S. borders.

Tancredo gave Chamberlain an award earlier this year, calling him a hero for charging an illegal immigrant with trespassing.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:49:35 PM EDT
+1 Chief Garrett Chamberlain

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:53:14 PM EDT
I remember some "noise"(?) being made by their legislature(?) about passing some laws
to help him out, have not heard anything about it since, I wonder if they will do anything
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:22:51 PM EDT
An officer found Ramirez with fake identification and a Mexican driver's license, police said.

Isn't it illegal to have fake ID? Did the judge toss that charge, too?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:27:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By myitinaw:
+1 Chief Garrett Chamberlain

+1000

HH
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:06:34 PM EDT
Mother of God.
Just remember, the sack and pillage of Rome was perpetrated by illegal immigrants.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:28:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By A_Free_Man:

An officer found Ramirez with fake identification and a Mexican driver's license, police said.

YES, if you are a Citizen, NO if you are an illegal............
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:43:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 22bad:

Yeah, that's just about EVERYTHING with those guys. The county government in northern Colorado had to have a class for Mexican drunk drivers on how not to try to bribe la policia when they get caught DUI in Fort Collins.

And no, they didn't detox them and ship them back to the Mexico/Guatamala border, either.

If I got caught DUI, they'd have my ass in chains and I'd be facing $15k+ in fines and fees, but again, I'm just some dopey white guy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:35:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By samsong:

Yeah, that's just about EVERYTHING with those guys. The county government in northern Colorado had to have a class for Mexican drunk drivers on how not to try to bribe la policia when they get caught DUI in Fort Collins.

Too much.............they started a program, I think in NC, where if you are drunk, driving and illegal.......you WILL get in trouble
(its like they have to warn the illegals about the laws that will actually be enforced against them)
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:26:56 PM EDT
Keep up the good work Chief!

Maybe this guy should run for higher office.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:29:33 PM EDT

---snip---

Chamberlain is right.
Why the hell can't more people in his position understand that?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:21:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 8:30:07 PM EDT by 22bad]

Originally Posted By Yankee1911:

---snip---

Chamberlain is right.
Why the hell can't more people in his position understand that?

[liberal\moron]Borders are sooooo racist[/liberal\moron]
Top Top