Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 6/4/2008 2:06:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/4/2008 2:07:37 PM EST by engineer2001]
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/04/AR2008060402205.html

Papers, please!

Police will search cars if they feel they have probable cause to do so. Drivers who don't cooperate with the request to produce identification or who object to being refused entrance to the block could face arrest for failing to obey police.

Nickles said his office has reviewed the checkpoint initiative, and that similar efforts have passed constitutional muster elsewhere.

"I don't anticipate us being sued," he told reporters. "But if you do want to sue us, the court are open."
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:54:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By engineer2001:
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/04/AR2008060402205.html

Papers, please!

Police will search cars if they feel they have probable cause to do so. Drivers who don't cooperate with the request to produce identification or who object to being refused entrance to the block could face arrest for failing to obey police.

Nickles said his office has reviewed the checkpoint initiative, and that similar efforts have passed constitutional muster elsewhere.

"I don't anticipate us being sued," he told reporters. "But if you do want to sue us, the court are open."

You may have been first but it's still a dupe. and the other has a lot more responses.

You ruse.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:59:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By PaDanby:

You may have been first but it's still a dupe. and the other has a lot more responses.

You ruse.

link to the other thread? Search not finding anything.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:05:12 AM EST
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=716910
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:17:34 AM EST
Is it wrong to post in dupe threads or am I just being a post count whore?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:39:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By Rocksarge:
Is it wrong to post in dupe threads or am I just being a post count whore?

If it's wrong, then all the others in the thread duping mine are wrong, not you. I was first. I even searched and then read every thread title in GD for 10 pages back before posting this.

My title was not as sensational, I guess.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:45:04 PM EST

My title was not as sensational, I guess.

You forget that it's JBT Friday. You really need to step up your posting game to keep a police state thread on the first page for more than a few hours.

May I suggest rewording your titles in the future to reflect their true JBThuggery?

"Checkpoints" could just as easily be "East Berlin Style Checkpoints" or "Citizen Processing Centers". Good luck next time!
Top Top