Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 4:51:39 AM EDT
Police caught drinking with underage girls

MONMOUTH - Residents say rumors about Monmouth cops, alcohol and underage drinking have been floating around town for months.

Pictures that recently surfaced speak for themselves. The photos were taken last summer at Monmouth cop Terry Hepner's home. The girls in the photos are drinking - and they're underage. Officer Randy Ewing stands smiling in between them. He was on-duty at the time.

"On camera - how stupid can you be?" asked Yancy Bolon. He was picked up for underage drinking and spent 15 days in jail.

"I think the same criminal charges apply for everyone in America," he said angrily. "I guess if you have a badge, it doesn't apply to you."

The photos were shot last summer. A few months ago - they mysteriously surfaced at several businesses.. Not many people wanted to talk about them - Hilary Nichols isn't surprised.

"These people are all friends, they're working together to save their jobs," she said. "I think they should get in the same amount of trouble anyone else would"

Monmouth Police Chief Brad Ziegler says he's very disappointed with the incident. The officers were disciplined in September. He wouldn't say what their punishment was, but did say the situation's been resolved. All 3 cops there that night are now back on duty.

"What if that girl drove in a car and got killed," said Bolon.

One of the girls in the photo tells Newschannel8 the situation's been blown out of proportion. She says the cops didn't buy them the alcohol - they got it from a friend. Bolon says he doesn't care who supplied it - the officers should've lost their jobs.

"These guys are smiling, laughing, I work hard and I'm paying for them to do this," he said.

Prosecutors didn't file any criminal charges against the officers. Warren County State's Attorney Chip Algren says he didn't receive any complaints from the girls' parents.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:58:03 AM EDT
[#1]
"Doh!"

It's disappointing that cops like this set such a bad example.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#2]

The officers were disciplined in September. He wouldn't say what their punishment was, but did say the situation's been resolved. All 3 cops there that night are now back on duty.

This amazes me.  At any of the jobs I have had, if I had been caught, on the clock, drinking with minors, I believe the poor reflection and liability to the company would have been enough to get me fired.

Are these places so desperate to get officers that they keep these brain-damaged individuals?

Anyone with judgement that poor shouldn't be in that business.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:39:28 AM EDT
[#3]
In the Cops's defense, did you see the racks on those girls?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:47:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Yancy Makes a GREAT point.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:47:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Doh!"

It's disappointing that cops like this set such a bad example.

Its not about examples anymore. There is no higher standard anymore, anywhere. Its about who you know and what you can get away with.

Privlidged people shit on regular joes everyday, and the regular joes are expected to eat shit and stfu.

Im glad those were not my daughters.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:49:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Shit... there's a cop in my town who was fucking a high school girl about ten years ago, starting when she was a sophomore, and everybody knew it.  

They had to wait for her to graduate from high school to get married.  He was 32, she was 18 when they got married.  Do the math.

If I pulled that shit, I'd be in jail.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:54:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Right now all the Arfcom virgins are slapping themselves on the forehead and exclaiming;

DAMM!!  Give them booze. I should have thought of that.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Yancy's pissed because he didn't get to party with chicks with big hooters.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yancy's pissed because he didn't get to party with chicks with big hooters.

No No No..Yoncy is pissed because he spent 15 day's in jail and he doesn't have big hooters that those (in the pictures) perverted cops like.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:02:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:09:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone else have their computer instantly power off when they clicked on the video link in that article?

wtf?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I posted this several days ago but was largely ignored:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=442639
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:13:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Damn, those cops look young too! I'm thinking dumb rookies doing dumb shit.

Does your mom know you're hanging out dressed like a cop kid?

ETA - If you're going to party, DO IT RIGHT, take off your damn uniform and stay out of pictures and video!

Ewing and Hepner are not rookies... I dunno about Hall
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Monmouth is just down the road from me.
This is a HUGE news bit around here.
(WQAD is the TV station I watch in the evening for news)

Initially, the local chief gave them 5 days paid leave as "punnishment".
But some local townspeople called bullshit, and started notifying the media.

Now the state police are investigating.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#16]
(let me just say, even though this article says that residents weren't allowed to speak during
the meeting, a video taken at the meeting shows that residents didn't care about the rules,
and made themselves heard)

MONMOUTH - The Illinois State Police is taking a closer look at a situation inside the Monmouth Police Department.

Last week, Newschannel 8 obtained pictures of three Monmouth cops with underage drinkers. The party took place last summer and all three officers were disciplined. But several residents say the punishment wasn't enough.

At Monday night's council meeting, Mayor Davies announced the police chief asked the state to look into the matter. State police will conduct an independent investigation into how the officers were disciplined and whether the situation was was handled properly.

Residents weren't allowed to speak during the meeting because they first must be on the agenda. Tempers flared after the meeting wrapped up. Several taxpayers demanded answers.

"Let me tell you one thing, they are dead wrong, they should be dismissed from their positions until this is all over with, our tax dollars should not pay their wages," resident Georgia Groves told Mayor Rod Davies.

Lela Agan, another resident, says there's only one code of ethics.

"What's right for the citizens should be right for the police," she said.

Resident Karla Wallace says an independent investigation isn't enough

"I don't think they're talking enough about it - more people need to get involved," she said.

City leaders say they will not comment until the state police investigation is complete.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#17]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=442639
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top