Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/18/2016 10:37:04 PM EDT
They say a sergeant persuaded the woman to drop the scissors. They say after she put down the scissors she grabbed a baseball bat and tried to strike the sergeant, who fired two shots from his revolver and hit her in the torso.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:42:49 PM EDT
Why didn't he just roundhouse kick the bat out of her hands and then shoot her in the leg?!?!
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:48:13 PM EDT
revolver? old story?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:49:48 PM EDT
As the 66 year old woman armed with a baseball bat menacingly advanced towards the officer...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:51:27 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RVAguy:
As the 66 year old woman armed with a baseball bat menacingly advanced towards the officer...
View Quote

Better her than him.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:55:12 PM EDT
What kind of a pussy do you have to be to shoot a 66 year old woman that has a baseball bat?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:58:35 PM EDT
Paper beats rock, bat beats scissors, revolver beats bat.

This game used to be alot simpler...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:02:35 PM EDT
I read the title and thought, "so who shot the bat, and why? What did the woman with scissors do?"

Comma's lives matter!
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:03:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By THOF:
What kind of a pussy do you have to be to shoot a 66 year old woman that has a baseball bat?
View Quote

The kind that doesn't want hit in the head with a bat.

thats two years younger than Hillary. four years younger than Trump.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:04:45 PM EDT
View Quote

Says the guy that's never seen what someone with a bat can do to you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:07:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RVAguy:
View Quote

Shit, your right...after they reach age 60 they get a pass on beating your ass with a louisville slugger, my bad...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:08:14 PM EDT
View Quote

Ever get your head cracked open by a baseball bat? Here's your sign.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:11:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I know exactly what a bat can do. If you are a grown man and a 66 year old woman with a bat scares you enough to shoot her, you have no business as a LEO. Just because you can justifiable shoot someone does not always mean you should.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:12:32 PM EDT
View Quote

Ever been hit in the head with a baseball bat?

J-
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:12:52 PM EDT
View Quote

How retarded does a 66 year old person have to be to think it is a good idea to threaten and/or assault people, especially a cop?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:13:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Swoosh101:

View All Quotes

Not a bat, but, I was hit across the face with a golf driver once, by a grown man and not a 66 year old woman.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:13:37 PM EDT
I know exactly what a bat can do. If you are a grown man and a 66 year old woman with a bat scares you enough to shoot her, you have no business as a LEO. Just because you can justifiable shoot someone does not always mean you should.
View All Quotes

Actually, A justifiable shoot means just that. You must be a young guy and see a66yo as old and feeble. We're not.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:13:55 PM EDT
Good shoot
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:14:36 PM EDT
Not a bat, but, I was hit across the face with a golf driver once, by a grown man and not a 66 year old woman.
View All Quotes

Did you thank them?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:15:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Blacktide:

Did you thank them?
View All Quotes

Did you thank them?
No, but I didn't kill them either.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:16:55 PM EDT
View All Quotes

Did you thank them?

Any hugs? Cookies? Poetry reading?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:16:56 PM EDT
View All Quotes

Did it give you brain damage?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:19:16 PM EDT
Threads like these are funny. Cop shoots an aggressive dog, GD wants to burn him at the stake.
Cop shoots a 66 year old woman with a bat, who can do less damage than the dog ever could, and GD says she had it conning.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:20:14 PM EDT
Threads like these are funny. Cop shoots an aggressive dog, GD wants to burn him at the stake.
Cop shoots a 66 year old woman with a bat, who can do less damage than the dog ever could, and GD says she had it conning.
View Quote

yeah no shit. fuckin GD
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:21:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2016 11:22:20 PM EDT by Antero]
If someone came after me with a bat, even a 66 year old woman, I'd damn sure draw. I'd probably hesitate and give them one split second to reconsider. If they continued at me, I'm pretty sure it would be fo time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:21:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2016 11:26:49 PM EDT by Towely]
View All Quotes

Well he did, and it was justified, case closed.

edit: But to talk turkey for a bit, if some old bitch is coming at me with a bat, as said above, I am drawing down. I am also hoping that drawing my weapon will be enough to stop her advance. If it is not, however, and I realize I'm going to need two free hands to fight her off and get the bat from her, I'm certainly not going to stand there and try to deflect the swings with my arm while trying to reholster my weapon. No, I drew my weapon, she knew the score, she kept coming, I'm shooting.

it doesn't take a very strong swing with a bat to royally fuck you up.

Anyone that claims "If you can't take on a 66yo woman with a bat then you...*insert dumb comment here*" has either never been in a fight or is talking completely out of their ass. Shit happens, when i was doing MMA I knocked a guy out cold 30 seconds into the match that any other day of the week would have beaten the absolute fuck out of me. I got lucky. in the street though, that happens to you and granny might just keep swinging. Have fun spending the rest of your life sucking dinner through a straw and waiting till shift change every morning so the oncoming CNA can change your shitty diaper. Fuck that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:23:09 PM EDT
View Quote

The dogs have it coming to.

Here's a general rule: Don't attack or threaten people unless you're comfortable with the possibility that they will kill you. That includes everybody, not just cops.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:23:44 PM EDT
View Quote

I've never seen a dog give you a split skull and a concussion.

I've seen a 11-year old girl do just that to a adult woman (Her teacher) with a softball bat. Crippled her for life. Do you think a pre-teen is stronger than a 66-year old woman?

You just keep on making stupid statements and we'll point and laugh at you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:28:50 PM EDT

I've seen a 11-year old girl do just that to a adult woman (Her teacher) with a softball bat. Crippled her for life. Do you think a pre-teen is stronger than a 66-year old woman?

View All Quotes

Pick any 66 year old woman, give her any kind of bat you chose, put us both in a room with instructions for her to harm me, and I guarantee I will leave the room with the bat with us both unharmed.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:30:45 PM EDT
Pick any 66 year old woman, give her any kind of bat you chose, put us both in a room with instructions for her to harm me, and I guarantee I will leave the room with the bat with us both unharmed.
View All Quotes

Not the same as responding to a call for service.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:31:44 PM EDT
View All Quotes

RIIIGHT.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:31:53 PM EDT
View All Quotes

I'll just quote myself...

"Anyone that claims "If you can't take on a 66yo woman with a bat then you...*insert dumb comment here*" has either never been in a fight or is talking completely out of their ass."

I don't give a flying fuck who you are. You can NEVER guarantee the outcome of ANY fight... To claim otherwise is simply retarded. This isn't opinion, this is fact. It doesn't take much in the way of common sense to understand why. There are too many variables to account for in a physical altercation. You don't hit retirement age as a leo by going around like a fucking idiot taking stupid risks just to spare some dickhead that is trying to beat your head in with a bat.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:35:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:36:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Towely:

"Anyone that claims "If you can't take on a 66yo woman with a bat then you...*insert dumb comment here*" has either never been in a fight or is talking completely out of their ass."

I don't give a flying fuck who you are. You can NEVER the outcome of ANY fight... To claim otherwise is simply retarded. This isn't opinion, this is fact. It doesn't take much in the way of common sense to understand why. There are too many variables to account for in a physical altercation. You don't hit retirement age as a leo by going around like a fucking idiot taking stupid risks just to spare some dickhead that is trying to beat your head in with a bat.
View All Quotes

I don't give a flying fuck who you are. You can NEVER the outcome of ANY fight... To claim otherwise is simply retarded. This isn't opinion, this is fact. It doesn't take much in the way of common sense to understand why. There are too many variables to account for in a physical altercation. You don't hit retirement age as a leo by going around like a fucking idiot taking stupid risks just to spare some dickhead that is trying to beat your head in with a bat.
I'm not sure how old or small the officer is in the article, I'm 6'2 300lbs, I can guarantee some grandma with a bat is not going to matter.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:39:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2016 11:39:54 PM EDT by John-in-austin]
I'm not sure how old or small the officer is in the article, I'm 6'2 300lbs, I can guarantee some grandma with a bat is not going to matter.
View All Quotes

I'm an inch taller and weigh 100lbs less.
Boy, are you in for a painful surprise.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:39:07 PM EDT
View All Quotes

Well, that explains a lot...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:46:18 PM EDT
View All Quotes

6'3" puts you out of range of a bat? What good is 300lbs going to do your brain if a baseball bat cracks across your skull?

This is where I see you're failing at applying critical thinking skills to this scenario. The problem is not whether or not you are strong enough to wrestle the bat from her hands after you get control of it, the problem is can you guarantee without a single doubt that you will be able to get a hold of the bat before she is able to land a strike. 9 times out of 10 that answer would be yes for most all of us here. When you make a living putting yourself in these situations, however, you are going to run in to that 10th time eventually if you keep taking stupid chances.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:48:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By COCKEDANDGLOCKED:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By COCKEDANDGLOCKED:

I nominate the wife's aunt to go into that room with him. Granted, she's older than 66, has probably never picked up a baseball bat in her life and he has 150 lbs on her,

But she can drag a horse trailer down the driveway by hand and rides barrels on the rodeo circuit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:15:42 AM EDT
As someone whose been hit in the head by a nice swing with a baseball bat, its not something you will soon forget. I promise you that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:21:51 AM EDT
View All Quotes

I know of a cop much bigger and stronger than you who suffered permanent brain damage from a blow to the head from someone less than half his size.

I have seen a man killed from a lucky punch to the head from a smaller, drunker man.

66 year old does not necessarily equal old and frail. If you want to try to disarm someone armed with a baseball bat who is going to try to hit you with it, this is America, you are free to be as fucking retarded as you like.

Other people don't have to subscribe to your ridiculous world view and can apply the principles of self-defense that a culture of smart people have settled on: when someone threatens you with a deadly weapon, you can fucking shoot them.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:34:16 AM EDT
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:48:58 AM EDT
I'll have what he's havin, cause it must be good.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:50:40 AM EDT
View Quote

You've got a point. When I signed onto the PD nearly 30 years ago, we were expected to ninja chop and/or Judy chop bad guys wielding anything less than a 44 magnum.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:55:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:00:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/19/2016 2:03:57 AM EDT by plove]
View Quote

Agreed. Unless she looks like Jack Lalane or he looks like Mr Burns I wouldn't be in the slightest afraid of a 66 year old woman with a baseball bat.

ETA: Damn, in after the "but you can drown in a teaspoon of water!!!, this one thing happened this one time and a toddler straight up murdered someone with a wiffle ball batttttt!!!!!" crowd.

This bitch will beat your ass!!!

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:21:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/19/2016 3:58:39 AM EDT by Swoosh101]
Originally Posted By plove:

Agreed. Unless she looks like Jack Lalane or he looks like Mr Burns I wouldn't be in the slightest afraid of a 66 year old woman with a baseball bat.

ETA: Damn, in after the "but you can drown in a teaspoon of water!!!, this one thing happened this one time and a toddler straight up murdered someone with a wiffle ball batttttt!!!!!" crowd.

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/6a0115709f071f970b017d3c49cdad970c.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By plove:

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/6a0115709f071f970b017d3c49cdad970c.jpg

Judge books by cover you do.

Also if you don't think my 65 year old father couldn't bash your head in with a tire iron let alone a bat you two are insane.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:02:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:09:01 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:35:39 AM EDT

He was in fear for his balls!

Did I make it before someone suggested just shooting it out of her hands?

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:55:31 AM EDT
View Quote

Reality is not like an episode of Gunsmoke, my friend.

Known actors, known theme, different plot, but with a predictable outcome.

Stick to IT, sales, marketing, advertising, or whatever it is you do, because it appears you can't tell shit from apple butter.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:32:25 AM EDT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top