Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2009 11:43:28 AM EDT
Cops is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement all suspects are innocent unitl proven guilty in a court of law

In no way shape or form am i a LEO hater, but i don't know why they bother chasing dirt bikes, when i was younger i for one was chased many times, never caught, its just an accident waiting to happen. I can understand persuing a dirt bike at reasonable speed but back off when it reaches anything over 40mph.

TCK
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice. What a total waste.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#2]
all i know is that there is no way in hell I'd ever get caught by someone chasing me if I was on a dirt bike.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
hmm
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
In fact, many depts have created protocals which state this. Nabbing some kid for riding on the roads isnt worth killing him.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice sandwich Joe idiot

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The only way cops are going to catch a dirt bike is with a helicopter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats a classic !
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

all i know is that there is no way in hell I'd ever get caught by someone chasing me if I was on a dirt bike.

I was thinking this exact thing this morning.  I have been chased by cops on two occasions and never caught, and they never will.  I was even riding a Honda 50, HA!

Me+450= not getting caught.  

Bike paths are your friend.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow first time I have ever seen that.

Still a classic though...

I bet that is the last time that cop drives over exposed rails.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I was chased about 2 weeks ago, i didn't post the story because its technically "boasting about criminal activities" i suppose, but on my drz 125 on a back road a cop was chasing me and swerving in front of me to get me to stop, i passed him doing about 50mph  and ducked into a trail. no way in fuck was i gonna get caught, if worse comes to worse wait till he gets out of the car and then fuckin gun it, thats some GTA shit right there

TCK
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

True. But the guy would be long gone before they could get a helicopter there.

NEVER chase a dirt bike in a rural area....of course Officer Friendly knows that now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Cops is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement all suspects are innocent unitl proven guilty in a court of law

In no way shape or form am i a LEO hater, but i don't know why they bother chasing dirt bikes, when i was younger i for one was chased many times, never caught, its just an accident waiting to happen. I can understand persuing a dirt bike at reasonable speed but back off when it reaches anything over 40mph.

TCK

...or goes OFF-ROAD!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't think of a vehicle better suited for evasion than a modern dirt bike, I'll do a run down:

Lightswitch brakes

Unparalleled acceleration

Not tagged

12 inches of suspension travel

handling better then any human can manage

Ya, if I was robbing banks, I'd do it on a 450 with street tires.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't think of a vehicle better suited for evasion than a modern dirt bike, I'll do a run down:

Lightswitch brakes
Not tagged

MOTARD

ETA:
Supervising Sgt: "Yes Captain, this is a good one..."  

I wonder if he was suspended or fired for that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#15]
And that, my friends, is why you never buy used police cars.  

Industrial side of Des Moines gets a lot of rail traffic.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I like how there was enough cops there that they could have picked the car up and carried it off the tracks when the train was coming, but instead they just stood around.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#17]
You know, anything that can go offroad can get away from a police cruiser until a helicopter shows up, you just have to know where you can go but the police can't.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I like how there was enough cops there that they could have picked the car up and carried it off the tracks when the train was coming, but instead they just stood around.

The train had stopped.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Good to see they're spending IA taxpayer dollars in a productive way: chasing 14-year-old kids on dirtbikes and then causing $10,000 damage to "his" car.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#20]
i watched that ep when it originally aired, i was ROTFL
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good to see they're spending IA taxpayer dollars in a productive way: chasing 14-year-old kids on dirtbikes and then causing $10,000 damage to "his" car.

"But, but, they gots to respect mah authoritah!"
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#22]
We used to get chased all the time by cops and never once even came close to being caught.

Back in the day the cops would destroy there cars trying to catch us. I think they loved the opportunity to drive like a bat out of hell into the woods.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#23]
My son went to school with a boy that had a wild ass ATV. Kid weighed 85 pounds soaking wet on the fastest production quad made at the time. He would get the police to chase him and then wreck the cruisers on the trails he had made. They even sent the Helo out. Oh wait there are leaves on the trees and the lights won't penetrate the foliage.

He never got caught but he ruined several cruisers. Officer "Cartman" could not stand the disrespect of his Authoritay.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ummmm, no. not even then. Don't ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My son went to school with a boy that had a wild ass ATV. Kid weighed 85 pounds soaking wet on the fastest production quad made at the time. He would get the police to chase him and then wreck the cruisers on the trails he had made. They even sent the Helo out. Oh wait there are leaves on the trees and the lights won't penetrate the foliage.

He never got caught but he ruined several cruisers. Officer "Cartman" could not stand the disrespect of his Authoritay.

This kid is my hero
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you can't say that and then not give a story
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It involves an 18 pack of Coors light, a Saturday night, a buddy, a YZ250, a CR500, several deputies, a helo, an Almond orchard, and a busted head.

Thats all I can say......

...and yes, a chopper is useless against drunk hillbillies on dirtbikes at night.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Here, the guys on dirtbikes are typically couriers or enforcers for the various drug organizations.
They ride around and shoot people, but we can't chase them, lest they have an accident and get hurt.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Figures hes from Iowa.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#30]
"Don't break a tire rod people".  -cop

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I can neither confirm nor deny that I have ever done anything I shouldn't have on my dirtbike.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#32]
That dude was pretty funny, he sounded like Flanders when something goes wrong.  

I never did anything like that in my youth!  
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#33]
I saw that one on TV a few years ago, loved it. Glad its on Youtube.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"Don't break a tire rod people".  -cop

hahahahahaha.
Man, I love seeing these kinda things. What a dumbass. I finally just started watching the vid, skipping thru it, and I was like....wtf. Did that dumbass just wreck his car...chasing a dirt bike OFF ROAD? What a fuckin idiot....

"Ya didn't catch the motorcycle did ya?" hahahahaha

Edit: ON THE FUCKING TRACKS oh my fuck. What a dumb mother fucker....
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#35]
One time a security guard in a ford station wagon tried to chase me and my boys out of a construction pit where they keep their sand and rocks and other fun stuff for dirtbikes, and he's running this thing thru a fucking gravel fire road and i absolutely PEPPERED his hood with gravel when i dropped the clutch out of the turns i mean, i have never engaged in activities of questionable legality on my offroad vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#36]
I raced an Honda CR125 in my early teens, up to CR250's at about sixteen, and raced those until I was in my early 20's. Then I bought a CR500 purely for "fun". I loved to "practice" locally, and I was pursued plenty of times on all of the Honda's, but somehow....I was never caught.

To clarify though, I never road the on the street. I lived by abandoned RR Tracks, rails already pulled, that went out into the country for 20 miles. So other than "trespassing" on abandoned RR property, I was not in danger of hurting anybody. Butttttt...the cops would occasionally see me/us and give chase. But those were the days before everybody had helicopters so they had little chance.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Watch a dirtbike cross water Here

Dirtbike- 1 Cop- 0

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#38]
When I was a kid I lived in a small town in WV and I used to race motorcycles.  I can remember many times when the police would chase me and I was never caught DURING THE CHASE.  The problem with living in a small town is that everybody knows each other so the police would always let me go and then come knocking on my front door an hour or two later.  I was grounded from my cycle many times.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That was pretty cool.

On the same "tracks" I mentioned above there was 200' + trestle that they had not torn down yet. The separation of the ties on that thing were spaced too far to casually ride across. But, if you hit it at speed, in your power band and stayed on it, you could glide across that thing like being on glass. We used that trick to great advantage....
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#40]
that is some of the funniest crap i have seen in a long time,stupid is as stupid does.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Lol.  Push it off the damned tracks.  After all, you bragged about your healthy lifestyle for the first minute of the show.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was pretty cool.

On the same "tracks" I mentioned above there was 200' + trestle that they had not torn down yet. The separation of the ties on that thing were spaced too far to casually ride across. But, if you hit it at speed, in your power band and stayed on it, you could glide across that thing like being on glass. We used that trick to great advantage....

As they say: Never ride faster than your guardian angle can fly!

Wild Ride

Not my ride, however I have had a Wild Ride on a CR250
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#43]
There was some locals years back that was sick and tired of some dirt bikes always racing around their neighborhood and tearing things up.  They'd go through the neighborhood and then into the woods.........pissed them off like you wouldn't believe.

THey called LE all the time but LE would always show up late or never be able to catch the kids.

Well, someone (they never caught the person) strung cable across this wooded access area.  I don't think the person was trying to anything other than "rope it off".  But this kid (I say kid but I think he was 18) came racing through one night.......took his head clean off.  They worked it up as a "murder" case but no one ever fessed up to the rope and they had no leads.

Too bad, not something to lose your life over, but the dirt bikes definately didn't go around for awhile.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It involves an 18 pack of Coors light, a Saturday night, a buddy, a YZ250, a CR500, several deputies, a helo, an Almond orchard, and a busted head.

Thats all I can say......

...and yes, a chopper is useless against drunk hillbillies on dirtbikes at night.

That, sir, is an EVIl combo.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lightswitch brakes

Not tagged

MOTARD

ETA:

Supervising Sgt: "Yes Captain, this is a good one..."  

I wonder if he was suspended or fired for that.
We're on the same page for sure.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#46]
I too may or may not have run from the man on my dirt bike. All I can say for sure is that I had a lot of fun on my bikes in past years.
Here is a video of my CR250.
5th gear pinned
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lol.  Push it off the damned tracks.  After all, you bragged about your healthy lifestyle for the first minute of the show.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#48]

way to go officer douchebag
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#49]
I haz a motard
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top